Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Again, nothing to do with Max. And if you’re saying the hive mind of SBT is infallible, I’ve got some magic beans to sell you.

You seriously don’t think Bakas performance yesterday was better than it has been? Really? Really?

Ah so you change the question now..lol.

Now it's Baka performance was better than his previously.

I commented earlier..please read back on your statement when you compared max and Baka.

Please don't waste my time.

shmmeee

Ah so you change the question now..lol.

Now it's Baka performance was better than his previously.

I commented earlier..please read back on your statement when you compared max and Baka.

Please don't waste my time.

Last night Max was poor. Baka did more in his ten minutes, I stand by that.

Over the season Baka has been poor and Max has had a couple of good games.

Both at their best? I’d take Baka all day long, younger, quicker, taller. Problem is Bakas best comes but once a year.

And if you actually go to the start of this convo it was me saying Baka was worth more than a 5 that started your crying.

Malaka

Wilson 7
Dabo 7 Pask 7 well impressed when he came on
Ostigard 7.5
Hyam 8
Sam 7
James 8
Sheaf 7
Hamer 8.5
O'Hare 8.5 MoM
Biamou 7
Gykores 7.5

Shipley 7
Allen 7
Baka 7

Londonccfcfan

Both at their best? I’d take Baka all day long, younger, quicker, taller. Problem is Bakas best comes but once a year.

And if you actually go to the start of this convo it was me saying Baka was worth more than a 5 that started your crying.

You need help.

clint van damme

Baka was undoubtedly better last night than he has been previously but he just hasn't got a football brain.
Last night when he didn't chase that ball into the corner down our right hand side because he simply didn't anticipate it was staying in was typical Baka.

shmmeee

Baka was undoubtedly better last night than he has been previously but he just hasn't got a football brain.
Last night when he didn't chase that ball into the corner down our right hand side because he simply didn't anticipate it was staying in was typical Baka.

Harsh, I didn’t think it was staying in either. He did chase when it looked like it would.

I don’t think either are good enough. I just think when a player plays above his levels you don’t give him a 5 is all.

Frostie

Harsh, I didn’t think it was staying in either. He did chase when it looked like it would.

I don’t think either are good enough. I just think when a player plays above his levels you don’t give him a 5 is all.

Yeah agreed, I think it just died on the poor surface, their player didn't chase it either, in fact Baka reacted quicker than he did.

It was a good cameo from Baka last night, did exactly what we needed him to. Helped keep the game in their half, stretched them with his movement & won plenty of ball.
You could hear the rapturous applause & praise from the coaching team when his pressing forced Wednesday to just clear their lines straight out of play rather than build attacks.

larry_david

You’re right he could’ve been sent off but Hyam was saving Ostigard’s mistake when he pushed their striker over.
Yep there's an agenda forming against hyam atm. Did nothing wrong last night. They only had one shot on target from about 85 yards. Hyam could have been sent off but osti went for a header and got nowhere near it forcing the pull back.

But people ignore that cuz Leo is the new blue eyed boy

Terry_dactyl

Yep there's an agenda forming against hyam atm. Did nothing wrong last night. They only had one shot on target from about 85 yards. Hyam could have been sent off but osti went for a header and got nowhere near it forcing the pull back.

I bloody love Leo...Hyam is a lot less spectacular.
Apart from one or two recent mistakes, and seemingly being slow against Yeovil 3 years ago, he’s been consistently good for us.
I’m pretty sure consistency is what you want in a central defender.

Brighton Sky Blue

Leo surely must score at least one header before the season’s up

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

baka was better than usual last night, but deep down you feel it was an aberration and if he was brought in next game chances are he'd be poor. Was last night just because it was a cameo and he was told to just chase everything, which is a simple instruction? Starting a game and you need more nous and game management and he can't do that.

It's the real frustration with him as physically he's got everything you want in a centre forward, but he hasn't got any kind of mentality to be able to use it effectively. Like if Drogba had a lobotomy.

Garryb80

Pointing out that someone is having a few weak games isn't an agenda

rob9872

Baka was fine last night, but again he provides zero goal threat which as a striker is what he should be about. He worked hard and I much prefer scenarios like last night, bringing him on when we're protecting a lead rather than chasing a goal. He's perfect for that. As for the Max/Baka argument, it should be clear to see that neither are really at the required level for Championship, but we are where we are, our budget is limited and both have never given less than 100%. They both have attributes and at times have certainly contributed, even this season.

shmmeee

I don’t rate Hyam at all but he was fine other than the red card scare last night.

That said one of the two main reasons I don’t rate him is he’s clumsy/easily beaten and that’s kinda proved with the red card scare.

skyblueelephant76

I don’t rate Hyam at all but he was fine other than the red card scare last night.

That said one of the two main reasons I don’t rate him is he’s clumsy/easily beaten and that’s kinda proved with the red card scare.
To be fair to him Osti completely missed the ball and put him in a difficult position, wasn't much else he could do.

Brighton Sky Blue

He scored one against Rotheram I think, he probably could and should have about 4. His leap is insane so feel harsh criticising him for missing headers most humans wouldn't get near.

That was an own goal, he's had free headers as well that haven't even gone on target

KenilworthSkyBlue

It is when he did naf all wrong last night

He made a number of errors throughout the match last night. With respect just because you didn't see them, that doesn't automatically translate into him having a good game. You're pushing the fact people have an agenda that isn't there. In my opinion the majority have been relatively fair and withheld significant criticism against Hyam, and instead most have constructively suggested that he's due a rest.

Last night a few clearances/passes were questionable, the same poor passes were given to McCallum, he was caught ballwatching and failed to appropriately mark Windass which led to a chance. Granted Ositgard put him in a precarious position for the booking but did he really need to pull him down? The ball was heading comfortably to Wilson in my opinion.

Last edited:

larry_david

He made a number of errors throughout the match last night. With respect just because you didn't see them, that doesn't automatically translate into him having a good game. You're pushing the fact people have an agenda that isn't there. In my opinion the majority have been relatively fair and withheld significant criticism against Hyam, and instead most have constructively suggested that he's due a rest.

Last night a few clearances/passes were questionable, the same poor passes were given to McCallum, he was caught ballwatching and failed to appropriately mark Windass which led to a chance. Granted Ositgard put him in a precarious position for the booking but did he really need to pull him down? The ball was heading comfortably to Wilson in my opinion.
He wasn't foot perfect. He was part of a back four that allowed one shot on target all game. He did alright, he's fairly consistent and he's had a bad spell. I'm happy for him to play himself back into form and yesterday was a big step in the right direction considering the previous match which was Yeovil style disastrous

Grendel

Again, nothing to do with Max. And if you’re saying the hive mind of SBT is infallible, I’ve got some magic beans to sell you.

You seriously don’t think Bakas performance yesterday was better than it has been? Really? Really?

To start quoting the ratings is hilarious - posters rate biamou a 7 when he hardly touched the ball.

You should get biamou to become a Labour MP and get him to win a leadership election - it’s a shoe in he’d win he’s the biggest populist there is

Sky Blue Harry H

Hamers been off for a few weeks now. Maybe missing the balmy Dutch winters :p
Pitches have got worse, so needs to cut the Hollywood cross field
passes down to a minimum. Easier on a flat pitch. His transition to this league has been impressive, as has his self control during games, after his initial blips.

shmmeee

To start quoting the ratings is hilarious - posters rate biamou a 7 when he hardly touched the ball.

You should get biamou to become a Labour MP and get him to win a leadership election - it’s a shoe in he’d win he’s the biggest populist there is

Already got a Labour MP that’s overly active on social media thanks :p

clint van damme

He wasn't foot perfect. He was part of a back four that allowed one shot on target all game. He did alright, he's fairly consistent and he's had a bad spell. I'm happy for him to play himself back into form and yesterday was a big step in the right direction considering the previous match which was Yeovil style disastrous

the problem for me is players shouldn't be left to play themselves back into form they should be dropped to give them a breather and allow them to refocus.
Unfortunately for us and him don't have the luxury of dropping him because we don't really have a replacement.

I like Hyam and I give all our players a bit leeway because it's a big step up but he's definitely been below par for a good few weeks now.

clint van damme

Pitches have got worse, so needs to cut the Hollywood cross field
passes down to a minimum. Easier on a flat pitch. His transition to this league has been impressive, as has his self control during games, after his initial blips.

several passages of play last night where he played he just kept turning the ball over and kept us in possession rather than trying anything too ambitious, I was impressed with that addition to his repertoire.
It could be as you point out, down to the pitch.

Johhny Blue

I know. Can’t expect him to do much in 10 mins, It’s Just the fact that people have said they thought he did really well when he came on. In reality all he did was run around and close the keeper down, which is the bare minimum expected of a striker.
That’s exactly what he was brought on for. Did you expect a hat trick?

Users who are viewing this thread