Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Clearly Kelly polarises this board. He wasn’t shocking but he wasn’t Pirlo either though some on here seem to think so.
He did give the ball away a lot tonight to say otherwise is just denial.
Sheaf gave the ball away early in the game and got criticised by the pundits Kelly did the same twice nothing was said but a better side than Brum would punish us . He was slow to react quite often tonight (maybe due to his lay off) meaning he was stretching so a lot of his passes forward were waist high giving the target player little chance to bring it under control.
In fairness sheaf is well ahead of Kelly
In terms of fitness but I prefer sheaf & Hamer in the middle not Hamer right midfield he can play the 3 but closer with 2 up front,O’Hare & Shipley were woeful tonight

covcity4life

Kelly is a good player and option in a central 3 but it stands out that tehcnically he looks less likely to trap a ball or make ana vcurate pass conapred to shwaf and hamer

As a 3 I like him though. In a 2 its sheaf and hamer for me

Adge

Marosi 7 Great save at the end and good hands on a couple of occasions that could have gone loose. Couple of Burge moments when he kicked the ball into touch.

Dabs 5 Was clearly not fit and very rusty.

McCallum 6 Got out of jail a couple of times and caught out with his positioning.

McFadz 7 No nonsense from him and no mistakes.

Hyam 7 Comfortable enough alongside McFadz.

Kelly 6 One or two loose balls but we know what he is-a piano pusher and not a piano player.

Hamer 6 Seemed to have pulled the handbrake up a bit from previous games and maybe the yellow cards etc are playing a part.

Sheaf 5 Laboured on the ball a couple of times and we nearly got caught out. Not as good as recent previous games.

O’Hare 5 Just didn’t really get going-not his night.

Shipley 4 Appealed for a throw-got the throw and that was about it.

Walker 7 Looks to be getting better with every game although still not fully up to speed.

Subs-

Biamou 10 On a par with Regis.

Ostigard 5 Lost his footing and Juke nearly capitalised.

Giles-n/a not even sure he touched the ball.

Not a classic but I guess we’ve stopped the rot but really need to start getting the wins now.

Warwickhunt

i wil take a point to stabilize us! McCallum had no outlet on the left hand side most of the match and spent most of the time turning around with the ball and passing it backwards. Shipley was not in the game at all. We play better with 3 at the back but leave too many holes in the middle of the park for the opposition to break through.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Attack teams who we on paper will lose against and play for a point against teams around us

Great idea

Agree entirely. it's like Robins thought "we can keep a clean sheet against these" and so was determined to do that for the majority of the game when this may have been a game we'd be able to take on the other team and beat them, as we did QPR. Even then Jukebox should've had a least two before we changed system. Against Barnsley we seemed to do similar, when they at the time couldn't score for toffees. Surely that is a game you accept your defensive weaknesses and focus on your attacking qualities rather than using it as an attempt to secure a clean sheet.

I also have to say that once we changed shape and put on the second striker they were very much in control, but had we done it the other way round and started with the extra striker (and you'd therefore assume spend more time in training focusing on that it may have been different.

Grendel

Agree entirely. it's like Robins thought "we can keep a clean sheet against these" and so was determined to do that for the majority of the game when this may have been a game we'd be able to take on the other team and beat them, as we did QPR. Even then Jukebox should've had a least two before we changed system. Against Barnsley we seemed to do similar, when they at the time couldn't score for toffees. Surely that is a game you accept your defensive weaknesses and focus on your attacking qualities rather than using it as an attempt to secure a clean sheet.

I also have to say that once we changed shape and put on the second striker they were very much in control, but had we done it the other way round and started with the extra striker (and you'd therefore assume spend more time in training focusing on that it may have been different.

Once we changed shape they had clear cut chances we created none

Brighton Sky Blue

They had clear cut chances before G. We did create when Walker was in the clear and played in Max who was sadly nowhere near on the same wavelength. Then Dabo’s sprint to put in the cross that was a fraction too high for Walker in the box.

We will get hopelessly relegated playing that 4-5-1 as we have nobody capable of leading the line and keep making mistakes regardless. Pretty much just you and CC4L who were happy with it

cc84cov

They had a clear cut chance first half also as McCallum positioning is still suspect.

The first half chance was the easiest of them all we got lucky is why we didn’t lose nothing to do with that system we still were dodgy at the back

Brighton Sky Blue

They had a clear cut chance first half also as McCallum positioning is still suspect.

The first half chance was the easiest of them all we got lucky is why we didn’t lose nothing to do with that system we still were dodgy at the back

Sheaf also played in one of theirs first half and we got away with it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes they did, which is why I've said i reckon MR will persist with this new system.

But if we'd spent two weeks working on that system in training to revert to the older one which they haven't been focusing on it's going to be a bit rusty and clunky. We can never know, but had we trained in that formation and used it from the start it may've been more fruitful.

plus juke should've scored a couple playing the early system anyway.

Brighton Sky Blue

Are you really blaming Biamou for not getting on the end of the one that Walker played across but hit the first defender defecting it miles away from him?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That’s how it looked live but happy to retract when I get a chance to look again

stupot07

They showed multiple replays, the defender blocked it
6b77022f9240f9f6b54eaad291a413aa.jpg

Grendel

Also lol at you enjoying the first half yesterday because Juke missed a free header

you seem to be suggesting the cross was a chance!

We created zero chances when we changed the system - not one

DannyThomas_1981

For what it's worth; I didn't think the new system we tried last night fully suited the talents of Sheaf and Hamer. They seemed far more effective in the previous system.

Add into that Dabo and McCallum. I realise that Dabo is out of form and trying to catch up with fitness but I see both players far more effective as wing backs vs. full backs in a back 4.

Finally the new system seemed to somehow negate O'Hare.

It will be interesting to see what system we play next time around but for me it's a no to 4 at the back given the players we have.

DannyThomas_1981

Sky Sports co-commentator - ex-professional: 'Cov look far better after switching to 3 at the back and playing their usual game.'

Grendel - who has probably never stepped over the whitewash and onto a pitch: 'so much better with 4 at the back'

Brighton Sky Blue

We used it for 20 minutes then put a left footer at RWB. We start with that system and we probably win. The commentators agreed almost immediately we looked more comfortable and threatening after the switch.

You have pegged yourself into arguing that last night’s stodge is the answer because Birmingham missed sitters

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sky Sports co-commentator - ex-professional: 'Cov look far better after switching to 3 at the back and playing their usual game.'

Grendel - who has probably never stepped over the whitewash and onto a pitch: 'so much better with 4 at the back'

To be fair they did look far more dangerous than we did after the switch. We were very much holding on at the end. But if we'd spent time on the original formation instead of spending two weeks on that new one and started with it I reckon we'd have looked a much better proposition

Mucca Mad Boys

Are you really blaming Biamou for not getting on the end of the one that Walker played across but hit the first defender defecting it miles away from him?

As the commentator noted, Biamou was on the wrong side of the defender.

In that specific scenario, Biamou failed to make any meaningful movement toward either post and the defender was able to come over and cut the pass out. His movement was pretty static and passive in that attacking phase.

Grendel

Mmm who was that?

Grendel

In that specific scenario, Biamou failed to make any meaningful movement toward either post and the defender was able to come over and cut the pass out. His movement was pretty static and passive in that attacking phase.

Come off it I’m no fan of biamou but he’d never have got that

Brighton Sky Blue

In fairness having rewatched, Walker does apologise to him for the pass

stupot07

I thought the commentator said he had got on the wrong side of the defender, which is what you want strikers to do. Hence why the block was so good, as Biamou had gotten the wrong side of the other defender.

Mucca Mad Boys

The final pass wasn’t good, at all. My observation is just on the lack of movement. That’s my gripe with Biamou. The commentator pointed this out too.

In those scenarios, we often see Godden either drop off the defender to go to the far post, or he’ll make an effort to get in front of the defender.

Users who are viewing this thread