Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Think Walker played well, good movement.

Marosi with an amazing save.

Offhegoes

Marosi 8
McCallum 7
Walker 7
6 for the rest
Shipley 5
Thought Max looked lively coming off the bench so he gets a 7

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Dabo uncharacteristically poor, Shipley poor, Kelly didn’t do a lot, Hamer and Walker very decent, Marosi one good save and two takes. Everyone else average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedie87

Marosi 8 not exactly a lot to do
Dabo 6 couldn’t trap cement and was a bit all over the place defensivley
Mcfadzean 7
Hyam 7
McCallum 6 positionally almost cost us a couple of goals
Kelly 7
Sheaf 6
Hamer 7
Ohare 5
Shipley 5
Walker 7

cc84cov

Kelly has played himself into the team for cardiff i would say. Walker played well. Hamer made some amazing passes, important minutes for dabo, could tell hes lacking match fitness.
Who does Kelly replace then ? It’s certainly not Hamer or sheaf for me,Sheaf is a far superior passer and can retain possession a lot better

covcity4life

Marosi 9
Dabo 5
McFadzean 7
Hyam 7
McCallum 6
Sheaf 7
Hamer 7
Kelly 6
Shipley 3
O’Hare 5
Walker 6

Biamou 4
Giles 4
Osrigaard 4

steve101

Disappointing overall I thought. Not sure starting with a back four was correct. Anyhow at least a clean sheet.

Marosi 8 (motm. Didn't have much to do but handling improved and brilliant reaction save onto the bar)
Dabo 5 (one nice burst and cross nearer the end but mis-controlled a number of times when in promising positions and looked vulnerable defensively)
McCallum 7 (certainly one of sharpest players though caught out a couple of times with the ball over the top)
McFadzean 6 (sloppy on occasions and not as dominant in the air)
Hyam 7 (not so comfortable in a back 4 but did enough)
Kelly 7 (a couple of rusty moments but broke up play and provided two lovely long passes to Walker)
Hamer 7 ( not so involved second half but moments of quality)
Sheaf 5 (slow on the ball putting him in trouble. Dreadful left foot shot from Hamer's square pass. After showing improvement recently he took a step back tonight)
O'Hare 6 (busy as usual but not able to create anything)
Shipley 5 (offered very little. Slow when chasing back)
Walker 7 (good movement but needed support before the formation change)

Biamou 6
Ostigard 5
Giles 6

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Marosi 8 motm
Dabo 4
McFadz 6
Hyam 6
MaCallum 6
Kelly 5
Sheaf 6
Hamer 6
Shipley 4
Walker 7
O’Hare 5

Biamou 6
Ostigard 5
Giles 4

steve101

Attack teams who we on paper will lose against and play for a point against teams around us

Great idea
I agree. Thought we should have carried on as before (previous 2 games) and cut out the silly mistakes. Hopefully against the poorer teams we could hold out with more ease.

larry_david

Did you watch him the whole match. There was a passage where he lost the ball every time we had possession.

Look we weren’t at our best all around. Not here to pick on him. But really he’s not the future.
He's not the future, nor is mcfadz but they are our present. And if that secures us championship status they've done their job. To pick of Kelly after a 0-0 draw is just laughable. He's been missing every game we've cconceeded 2+,comes in to help keep a clean sheet but because he's not pirlo he gets slated.

How many times did brum pick up the ball 30 yards out central and drive at us? None. Why? Hmmm cuz Kelly isn't creative

Londonccfcfan

He's not the future, nor is mcfadz but they are our present. And if that secures us championship status they've done their job. To pick of Kelly after a 0-0 draw is just laughable. He's been missing every game we've cconceeded 2+,comes in to help keep a clean sheet but because he's not pirlo he gets slated.

How many times did brum pick up the ball 30 yards out central and drive at us? None. Why? Hmmm cuz Kelly isn't creative
Kelly has one goal and about 3/4 assists In his whole career for us. Also Birmingham offensively are poor one trick pony’s. They have no creativity can’t score goals from open play all season. So please this should be a day off for Kelly.

He’s picked the right match to get a start. Birmingham are shocking, and we matched them that’s poor from Robins.

Grendel

Marosi 8 motm
Dabo 4
McFadz 6
Hyam 6
MaCallum 6
Kelly 5
Sheaf 6
Hamer 6
Shipley 4
Walker 7
O’Hare 5

Biamou 6
Ostigard 5
Giles 4

Biamou a 6 lol

stevefloyd

And how many times did Kelly give them the ball ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Kelly has one goal and about 3/4 assists In his whole career for us. Also Birmingham offensively are poor one trick pony’s. They have no creativity can’t score goals from open play all season. So please this should be a day off for Kelly.

He’s picked the right match to get a start. Birmingham are shocking, and we matched them that’s poor from Robins.

He is not in the team to provide goals or assists, he’s a defensive midfielder and rarely do they make the headlines

stevefloyd

look Kelly had apoor game by his standards tonight...as soon as he is fitter he will be a different player, I said this before the game, Dabos touch was way off tonight and Mcallums first touch was poor, Hyam first half looked nervous maybe because he never had the outlet of Giles possibly, O'Hare wasnt really in it and Shipley was back to his anonymous self again but I guess we didnt lose and having half the team playing at less than what they are capable of a point aint such a bad result even if its not enough for us atm

lifeskyblue

Marosi 7
Dabo 4
McFadzean 6
Hyam 5
McCallum 6
Sheaf 5
Hamer 7
Kelly 6
Shipley 4
O’Hare 5
Walker 6.5

Ostigard 6
Biamou 5
Giles N/A (genuinely can’t remember a single instance of him touching the ball)

Giles left it well once after a brum dangerous cross into box. Good piece of defending. But no...he didn’t really touch ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Marosi 8 motm
Dabo 5
McFadzean 6
Hyam 7
McCallum 6
Kelly 6
Sheaf 5
Hamer 6
Shipley 4
O'hare 5
Walker 7

Subs
Biamou 6
Ostigard 6
Giles n/a

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

LilleSkyBlue

I'm happy we got a point. Not quite as down on Dabo as others have been but he's visibly not at his marauding best. McFadzean didn't scare me once tonight, which was welcome. McCallum looked one-footed and nervous but he's surprisingly combative in the air. I don't know that Kelly is up to this level but he didn't do a lot wrong tonight and played some canny long passes. I worry about Sheaf dwelling on the ball and don't yet see him stamping his authority in the middle. After tonight's showing I want to see Walker again - he looks the sort who might come good with a run in the side. MOTM Marosi for me. No messing about at the back and made the saves we needed. Subs neither here nor there for me but doubtless good to rest Dabo.

Marosi 7.5

Dabo 5
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
McCallum 5.5

G. Hamer 7
Kelly 7
Sheaf 6
Shipley 5

O'Hare 6
Walker 6.5

Ostigard 5
Biamou 5

OldBedrocker

Clearly Kelly polarises this board. He wasn’t shocking but he wasn’t Pirlo either though some on here seem to think so.
He did give the ball away a lot tonight to say otherwise is just denial.
Sheaf gave the ball away early in the game and got criticised by the pundits Kelly did the same twice nothing was said but a better side than Brum would punish us . He was slow to react quite often tonight (maybe due to his lay off) meaning he was stretching so a lot of his passes forward were waist high giving the target player little chance to bring it under control.

Users who are viewing this thread