Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Meh.

I think we need some fitness training, Dabo, Walker and Godden looked shattered.

No pace or intensity at all.

SeaSeeEffCee

Marosi 4
McCallum 5
Ostigard 7
McFadzean 7
Hyam 7
Giles 5
Hamer 5
Sheaf 7
Allen 4
Shipley 3
Godden 5

Dabo 4
O'Hare 5
Walker 4

JoshCCFC1987

Don’t think Shipley or Giles completed a forward pass all night sheaf ostigard And Hyam best players for us tonight

Jamieb87ccfc

No Ratings-Don’t want to be Negative but our midfield is shocking. No Creativity, no ideas of holding possession or slowing the play and they are being bullied. Allen isn’t a wide player or a supporting forward. We need Championship Experience and know how. We need SISU to dip their hands into their very deep pockets.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Didn’t see replays as watched via sky.

Marosi - 5 uncharacteristically poor both with the ball and second goal

McCallum - 6 did okay out of position and was an outlet when he switched sides

Ostigard - 6.5 thought he stepped back in well

Mcfadzean- 6 marshalled the defence well

Hyam - 6.5 a crucial tackle / interception or 2

Giles - 6 had a tough opponent to deal with and dealt with him fine. Was surprised to see him pulled. Neither full back really offered an attacking outlet but more to do with our set up

Hamer - 4 not seeing it so far personally

Sheaf - 6 wasn’t bad; one lovely ball through to Shipley and moved the ball well. Feel like the issue is next to him rather than him personally

Shipley - 2 I don’t like over the top negative ratings but he was tragically bad tonight. No idea how he lasted as long as he did

Allen - 4 if he’d got on the ball more he may have been similarly rated to Shipley but his anonymity enhances his performance relative to shipleys

Godden - 4 “Isolated” but touch was poor and absolutely nothing stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfctommy

Marosi 5

Giles 6
McFadz 8
Hyam 7
Ostigaard 7.5
McCallum 7

Sheaf 6
Allen 5
Shipley 5
Hamer 6

Godden 5

ccfcway

all 6.5's with exception of back 3 and sheaf who were 7's. Subs didn't work in my opinion

speedie87

Marosi 4 dodgy handling all night , couple of hospital balls and came Rushing out for 2nd

McCallum 6 ok
Ostigard 7 ok
Mcfadzean 6
Hyam 5 slow as
Giles 6 isolated

Sheaf 6 we’re in blue
Hamer 7 put ur foot in
Shipley 6 no stamina
Allen 5 keep the ball

Godden 5 hold the ball up man

SeaSeeEffCee

Don't get the Hamer praise tbh. Can't remember him making more than 3 passes.
Agreed, thought he was poor tonight. People seem to get enamoured by him trying some fancy balls a few times a game but he gives the ball away a lot and for a defensive midfielder he let's players waltz past him far too easily.

Speedies_Chips

Will people finally accept that kissing the badge doesnt escape the fact that Shipley isnt good enough for this level. No tackles of note, no passes to our own players of note. In this league you cant get away with performances like that and its becoming the norm for him. Sentiment wont get us very far in the Championship.
I know people will still defend him when he has that one good performance in 20 games.

I accept he wasnt the only poor performer tonight and that Robins has forgotten more about football than I will ever know but come on, that was not good enough.

Hopefully , I will have calmed down come the morning :)

Sick Boy

Marosi 5
McCallum 5
Ostigard 6
McFadzean 7
Hyam 6
Giles 5
Hamer 6
Sheaf 6
Allen 5
Shipley 4
Godden 4

Dabo 4
O'Hare 5
Walker 4

larry_david

Will people finally accept that kissing the badge doesnt escape the fact that Shipley isnt good enough for this level. No tackles of note, no passes to our own players of note. In this league you cant get away with performances like that and its becoming the norm for him. Sentiment wont get us very far in the Championship.
I know people will still defend him when he has that one good performance in 20 games.

I accept he wasnt the only poor performer tonight and that Robins has forgotten more about football than I will ever know but come on, that was not good enough.

I like Shipley but he's got a bit of a swagger about him where it looks like he doesn't have to earn this. It's the championship now mate, I said in the match thread that ball across the 6 yard box he should have put the ball, defender and goalie in the top corner. It's what us fans would do

fernandopartridge

Marosi 6
Mccallum 6 pretty solid defensively but offered nothing the other way , some sloppy passing. Looked more comfortable back on the left.
Giles 6 you can see the confidence sapping away. He isn't a left back and at the minute is playing as one
Hyam 5 after a solid 80 minutes gets caught out by a simple through ball
McFadzean 5 as above
Ostigard 7 our motm
Sheaf 6 thought he played quite well, some sloppy passes
Hamer 6 was busy but again gave the ball away a few times
Allen 5 as the whole team was so deep he rarely could get near Godden. His movements do open space up for us but it's not working at the minute
Shipley 5 got into some decent positions as he does, let down by a poor final ball or lack of drive, he really should have scored that chance in the second half, use your right foot ffs
Godden 6 worked hard, wins a few headers for a man of his size. Unfortunately ends up being outside the box instead of inside awaiting a cross

Subs
Dabo 4 not fit
Walker 4 not sure what he was doing for the first goal. No idea what type of striker he is as have seen little movement from him
O'Hare 4 ineffective, got into one good position but produced a nothing cross from it

Robins 6 he'd got it right with the way we set up looking to stop the rot, it was working and they were getting frustrated trying pot shots.
In retrospect the wrong change was made, I'm not sure why when we bring 2 strikers on we play 3-5-2. We needed Walker and O'Hare running off Godden, instead we get Walker just acting as another target man.

Pretty disappointing the way we lost, long hard season ahead as we knew already.

Sick Boy

Unfortunately some put sentiment above ability, the fact some are calling for Biamou at this level is weird.

steve101

Marosi 4 (don't think he had a save to make apart from the 2 he didn't. Handling was very poor)
McCallum 5 (wasn't able to get forward enough and gave the ball away too often)
Giles 6 (did okay defensively though mis-judged a couple of headers. Couldn't get forward to use his qualities)
Ostigard 8 (very solid and used the ball better than most. Motm)
McFadzean 6 (Good first half and liked his Konjic-like run forward but almost gave away a goal with an awful defensive header and looked part at fault for goal)
Hyam 7 (very solid first half. Part at fault for their first goal)
Hamer 6 (battled well first half and at least had a shot on target. Hardly saw him second half)
Sheaf 6 (some good tackles and nice passes but equally some dodgy ones)
Allen 5 (hardly got the ball. One chance created early second half)
Shipley 4 (as soon as he gave the ball away his head dropped so his head dropped a lot. I don't understand why he wasn't taken off sooner. Should have reacted quicker to Godden's cutback, which would have been a certain goal)
Godden 7 (thought he did all he could with the service he received. He was badly let down by those around him)

Dabo 5 (looked so wound up. Almost conceded a chance soon after he came on after charging down a ball in their defensive third)
O'Hare 5 (unable to get hold of the ball to do anything creative)
Walker 5 (not sure he touched the ball apart from one flicked header)

I think Robins has given the tactical shape long enough now to realise it isn't working. Maybe need to try and give Godden someone up top with him.

shmmeee

Marosi 5
Østigård 7
McFadz 7
Hyam 6
McCallum 6
Giles 6
Hamer 5
Sheaf 7 MOTM
Shipley 5
Allen 5
Godden 6

Dabo 4
O’Hare 5
Walker 5

So disjointed today.

KersleyDigs

Marosi 6 - Did ok
McCallum 6 - Need him back on the left
Ostigard 6 - Good minutes for him
McFadzean 6 - Offside call was suicide!
Hyam 6 - Mix up over the offside
Giles 5 - Poor, looked tired or scared
Hamer 5 - Needs to do more
Sheaf 5 - Still thinks he has acres of time
Allen 4 - A lot of effort, that's it
Shipley 4 - Same as Allen
Godden 5 - Tactics and level are killing him

The Philosopher

I’ve reverted to “reward absolute mediocrity with a 6 not a 5” standard of rating.

Marosi - 6 couple of good bits of control and passing and generally a calming influence. Perfectly good keeper at this level but wasn’t his best match

McCallum - 6 not as good as his last couple of matches but did ok. Just ok. Not good but ok.

Ostigard - 6 did ok. Didn’t look out of place.

Mcfadzean- 7 doing well at this level and even got forward and did better in one run than others managed all
Game.

Hyam - 6 again, ok.

Giles - 6 just ok. Puts in a couple of great crosses each match. Gets forward.

Hamer - 6. Better with him in the team. Great dead ball delivery. Has a touch of quality. Has lost some of his fire which is understandable.

Sheaf - 3. Don’t care about “passing stats being good”. Back passes and safe uncreative passes are not good passes. One of his passes put one of their players clean through. Loses the ball often. Breaks up play well. Unfortunately for both sides.

Shipley - 4. Poor game. He’s bulked out which is good in some ways but he’s as mobile as haggis now.

Allen - 3. The creativity of one of Bernhard Matthews mushed up turkey burgers. Sorry. Rather he didn’t play.

Godden - 5. He’s a good player playing in the wrong system. Not any kind of target man. Watch the game back. As soon as the ball is kicked to him on the floor and his back is to goal he stands still rather than move toward. It’s like someone has glued his boots to the pitch for a second. Why play him target man? Crackers.

Subs

Dabo - ok 6

Walker - Walked about

O Hare. Not on his game.

Overall

The commentators picked up that Warnock was great in the Championship and can get teams promoted to the Prem. Doesn’t suit the prem.

Please, am I right to worry that MR was great with Rotherham, Barnsley, etc until they got to the Championship?

Mark is a brilliant manager. He needs to get used to the “gamesmanship” that other managers use in the Championship (diving, time wasting, yard stealing, player winding up).

And, realise that Godden isn’t 6’3’ and Allen isn’t quick.

Quickly.

cc84cov

I’ve reverted to “reward absolute mediocrity with a 6 not a 5” standard of rating.

Marosi - 6 couple of good bits of control and passing and generally a calming influence. Perfectly good keeper at this level but wasn’t his best match

McCallum - 6 not as good as his last couple of matches but did ok. Just ok. Not good but ok.

Mcfadzean- 7 doing well at this level and even got forward and did better in one run than others managed all
Game.

Hyam - 6 again, ok.

Hamer - 6. Better with him in the team. Great dead ball delivery. Has a touch of quality. Has lost some of his fire which is understandable.

Sheaf - 3. Don’t care about “passing stats being good”. Back passes and safe uncreative passes are not good passes. One of his passes put one of their players clean through. Loses the ball often. Breaks up play well. Unfortunately for both sides.

Shipley - 4. Poor game. He’s bulked out which is good in some ways but he’s as mobile as haggis now.

Allen - 3. The creativity of one of Bernhard Matthews mushed up turkey burgers. Sorry. Rather he didn’t play.

Godden - 5. He’s a good player playing in the wrong system. Not any kind of target man. Watch the game back. As soon as the ball is kicked to him on the floor and his back is to goal he stands still rather than move toward. It’s like someone has glued his boots to the pitch for a second. Why play him target man? Crackers.

Subs

Dabo - ok 6

Walker - Walked about

O Hare. Not on his game.

Overall

The commentators picked up that Warnock was great in the Championship and can get teams promoted to the Prem. Doesn’t suit the prem.

Please, am I right to worry that MR was great with Rotherham, Barnsley, etc until they got to the Championship?

Mark is a brilliant manager. He needs to get used to the “gamesmanship” that other managers use in the Championship (diving, time wasting, yard stealing, player winding up).

Quickly.
Hyam “ok” he was caught wanting with positional awareness for their goal

fernandopartridge

Game.

Hyam - 6 again, ok.

Subs

Dabo - ok 6

Walker - Walked about

O Hare. Not on his game.

Overall

Quickly.
Robins' 2 seasons with Barnsley were both in the Championship where he kept them up twice, so do your research

rob9872

Looks like I'm the only one who thought Sheaf was good. In fact him and Hamer looked like they comfortably belonged at this level for the first time, expecting good things from these two.

stupot07

Marosi 5
Ostegard 6
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
McCallum 4
Giles 4
Sheaf 5
Hamer 4
Allen 4
Shipley 4
Godden 4

Dabo 4
O'hare 5
Walker 4

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

covmark

Marosi 5
McCallum 4
Ostigard 6
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
Giles 5
Sheaf 6
Hamer 6
Allen 4
Shipley 3
Godden 5

Dabo 4
O'Hare 5
Walker 4

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JulianDarbyFTW

The only players who come out of tonight with any credit are Big Kyle and Leo. The rest were somewhere between poor and awful. First time in a long time that I've lost a bit of faith - some of the players look lost and scared, and we're already nearly a fifth of the way through the season.

Frostie

Utter drivel.
But for that one crazy ball, Sheaf was pretty good - between him & Østigård for MotM.
To rate him lower than Shipley whilst giving Hamer a 6 is bonkers.

stupot07

Utter drivel.
But for that one crazy ball, Sheaf was pretty good - between him & Østigård for MotM.
To rate him lower than Shipley whilst giving Hamer a 6 is bonkers.
Hamer was shite last night. Sheaf was the pick the midfielders

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread