Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

For me

Marosi - 7 no chance with goal
Rose - 7
Hyam - 7
Mcfadzean - 7

Thought all three were very solid. Unlucky with the goal. Mk had 5 attempts all game

dabo - 8 very impressive as Grendel has said championship standard player
mccallum - 7 what a great goal!

Walsh - 9 what a performance mom. Hit his shot too well in the first half
Kelly 7 overrun second half but so important to us

shipley - 6 good engine didn’t get in the game
Westbrooke - 6.5 as above

Godden - 6 underwhelmed today could have done so much better with his two chances

subs

Ohare 8 excellent and should have had at least 1 assist
Max - 6 other than his goal didn’t get too involved

onwards and upwards

Nick

Administrator
For me

Rose - 7
Hyam - 7
Mcfadzean - 7

Thought all three were very solid. Unlucky with the goal. Mk had 5 attempts all game

Godden - 6 underwhelmed today could have done so much better with his two chances

subs

onwards and upwards
Did I miss something with biamou

SlowerThanPlatt

For me

Rose - 7
Hyam - 7
Mcfadzean - 7

subs

onwards and upwards

They only had 5 but we only had 7

SAJ

For me we were generally slow to everything today. Thought Dabo and Walsh were the best players with Dabo mom. Poor day at the office but we have kept the run going. Can’t expect to win the all. Thought MK were actually one of the better teams we have played recently with the exception of at up front.

glamour76

Walsh MOM for me. Seemed to get get opened up after the subs.
Dabo & the rest of the back 5 were at least 7’s. Marosi not as assured as lately, Godden had an off day. Kelly faded

rob9872

Walsh and Dabo stood out for me yet again. I thought we did ok and they were actually decent, certainly better than I expected.

Why does Robins keep taking off Shippers & Zain together? Neither were ripping the place up, but they have so much energy & cover ground that we lack something. O'hare was great when he came on, but just take either 1 off.

speedie87

Marosi 6 got lucky early on
Dabo 7
Hyam 7 some dodgy passes
Macfad 6
Rose 7
McCallum 7
Kelly 8
Walsh 9
Westbrooke 6
Shipley 7
Godden 6

Ohare 8
Biamou 6

SAJ

Walsh and Dabo stood out for me yet again. I thought we did ok and they were actually decent, certainly better than I expected.

Why does Robins keep taking off Shippers & Zain together? Neither were ripping the place up, but they have so much energy & cover ground that we lack something. O'hare was great when he came on, but just take either 1 off.
He takes them both off together as that’s when we change shape to a 352

rob9872

He takes them both off together as that’s when we change shape to a 352
Exactly, that's my point! It was a mistake imo. Remove 1 bring on O'Hare. If we're losing or drawing and are chasing the game it's ok, but at 1-0 up , high energy was better and working. They were more occupied and carried less threat. There was no reason to change the formation.

Sky Blue Pete

Exactly, that's my point! It was a mistake imo. Remove 1 bring on O'Hare. If we're losing or drawing and are chasing the game it's ok, but at 1-0 up , high energy was better and working. They were more occupied and carried less threat. There was no reason to change the formation.
It was fine we should have won with the chances made and we looked better

Essexrobbie

I hate double substitutions. It takes time to get into a game and for the players around you to adjust too, I never know why managers do it when their side is winning, but under pressure unless its to shore up an area of the pitch.

Exit Stage Left

For me

Rose - 7
Hyam - 7
Mcfadzean - 7

subs

onwards and upwards

Max Biamou didn't score the goal. It was Sam McCallum. Not sure why you have credited Max with a goal in your ratings?

Sky Blue Pete

I hate double substitutions. It takes time to get into a game and for the players around you to adjust too, I never know why managers do it when their side is winning, but under pressure unless its to shore up an area of the pitch.
It should have led to the goal that won the game

SkyBlueCRJ

Marosi - 6: Poor distribution yesterday and nearly got caught out at the start. Other than that had little to do.
Dabo - 7: Thought he got up and down well yesterday and defended well. Such a great acquisition
Hyam - 7: Didn’t do too much wrong. Insisted on dribbling the ball out a few times which I thought was a bit bizarre as he lost the ball once or twice
McFadzean - 7: Decent display. Got up well and organised the defence when required.
Rose - 6.5: Really tidy performance I thought.
McCallum - 5: Probably would’ve been closer to a 4 if it wasn’t for his goal. Dreadful going forward and his passing was poor
Kelly - 4: Was everyone watching the same game I was? Shocking on the ball and lost it on a number of occasions. Looked slower than time and his reactions were non existent. Plus to make matters worse I think wayward pass into the box actually started the attack for their goal.
Walsh - 6.5: Thought he was OK and tried to make things happen. Made a couple of good tackles too. There was too much to do for him to make up for Kelly/Westbrooke though.
Westbrooke - 5: I don’t even remember anything of note from him yesterday. Like Kelly, he looked shattered.
Shipley - 5: Made simple mistakes and struggled to control the ball at times. Fatigue potentially was a factor. He just wasn’t at the races yesterday. Feel a bit like Godden he was left totally isolated.
Godden - 6: I cant really be too harsh on Godden because the midfield left him totally isolated. At one point there was a 40/50 gap between midfield at Biamou/ Godden. It also didn’t help that MK Dons we’re doubling up on him so any balls into the box were dealt with easily.

O’Hare - 6:5: Looked bright when he came on and tried to make things happen.
Biamou - 5: Weird sub and didn’t nothing of note apart from the shot which the keeper dealt with fairly easily. Would’ve rather we kept the same formation and put Allen on.

Robins - 5: He needed to make changes when he did but thought it was the wrong choice to switch the formation. Biamou didn’t do anything and the long ball played into their hands as they were the bigger side.

Grendel

Marosi - 6: Poor distribution yesterday and nearly got caught out at the start. Other than that had little to do.
Dabo - 7: Thought he got up and down well yesterday and defended well. Such a great acquisition
Hyam - 7: Didn’t do too much wrong. Insisted on dribbling the ball out a few times which I thought was a bit bizarre as he lost the ball once or twice
McFadzean - 7: Decent display. Got up well and organised the defence when required.
McCallum - 5: Probably would’ve been closer to a 4 if it wasn’t for his goal. Dreadful going forward and his passing was poor
Kelly - 4: Was everyone watching the same game I was? Shocking on the ball and lost it on a number of occasions. Looked slower than time and his reactions were non existent. Plus to make matters worse I think wayward pass into the box actually started the attack for their goal.
Walsh - 6.5: Thought he was OK and tried to make things happen. Made a couple of good tackles too. There was too much to do for him to make up for Kelly/Westbrooke though.
Westbrooke - 5: I don’t even remember anything of note from him yesterday. Like Kelly, he looked shattered.
Shipley - 5: Made simple mistakes and struggled to control the ball at times. Fatigue potentially was a factor. He just wasn’t at the races yesterday. Feel a bit like Godden he was left totally isolated.
Godden - 6: I cant really be too harsh on Godden because the midfield left him totally isolated. At one point there was a 40/50 gap between midfield at Biamou/ Godden. It also didn’t help that MK Dons we’re doubling up on him so any balls into the box were dealt with easily.

Biamou - 5: Weird sub and didn’t nothing of note apart from the shot which the keeper dealt with fairly easily. Would’ve rather we kept the same formation and put Allen on.

Robins - 5: He needed to make changes when he did but thought it was the wrong choice to switch the formation. Biamou didn’t do anything and the long ball played into their hands as they were the bigger side.

Pretty fair that. Kelly was awful.

McCallum I don’t think is bad on the ball moving forward but he struggles defensively and the ring backs especially him got deeper as the game went on

SkyBlueCRJ

Pretty fair that. Kelly was awful.

McCallum I don’t think is bad on the ball moving forward but he struggles defensively and the ring backs especially him got deeper as the game went on

Usually he’s good going forward but again like with many of our players yesterday he struggled with the physicality of MK Dons. I noticed in the first half he tried to knock the ball on and beat his man but their right back just shrugged him off. Then in the second half he just completely lost confidence and I don’t think I saw him get forward once. Defensively he was poor and he kept on getting caught out positionally. But the more I think about our performance the more I think Russell Martin clearly just exploited our weaknesses and simply shut down our main threats - I.e. Telling their RB to get close to McCallum and make sure he doesn’t make any runs behind.

Londonccfcfan

Decent synopsis. I pretty much agree. Big fan of Kelly but he really slowed it down yesterday.

Warwickhunt

Is Kelly carrying an injury again?

Londonccfcfan

No I don't think so. Just a lack of urgency from the skipper. Really slowed game down. The drive to get forward was non existent untill they equalised.

vow

McCallum's worst game I've seen him play, just not on his toes at all, apart from the goal. Saying that I'd still give him a 6.

Kelly too, ditto above...6

The rest were 7 and 8's.

Feel Milton Keynes deserved a draw on their performance, some decent football and the correct tactics against us eg. closing down from the front that in-turn restricts our playing out from the back.

skyblueinBaku

McCallum's worst game I've seen him play, just not on his toes at all, apart from the goal. Saying that I'd still give him a 6.

Kelly too, ditto above...6

The rest were 7 and 8's.

Feel Milton Keynes deserved a draw on their performance, some decent football and the correct tactics against us eg. closing down from the front that in-turn restricts our playing out from the back.
The worry is that other teams will have seen how to stop us from playing our game. This doesn't augur well for the rest of the season.

Reactions: vow

Paxman II

Kelly needs a rest. Allen is a sure fire replacement. We need tochange just a few. 've said a few times estbrooke has had some good moments but against physical sides he does not have the right game. Shippers has done great but a rest is required.
Next game Allen, O'Hare, Pask, and possibly Mason should come into the side. Is it time for potential super sub Jodi to play a part?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think it's because they're the two that seem to tire the most, possibly due to the amount of ground they cover. With O'Hare and Allen available it is something we can afford to do without too much disruption, but this time MR decided to go to the two up top and bring on Biamou instead. Whether this was the correct choice on this occasion I can't say as wasn't even listening to the match let alone watching it, but I've no problems with both of them being taken off in a single game.

Grendel

I think it's because they're the two that seem to tire the most, possibly due to the amount of ground they cover. With O'Hare and Allen available it is something we can afford to do without too much disruption, but this time MR decided to go to the two up top and bring on Biamou instead. Whether this was the correct choice on this occasion I can't say as wasn't even listening to the match let alone watching it, but I've no problems with both of them being taken off in a single game.

he didn’t go two to top he just stuck Biamou on the left from what I could make out

rob9872

I don't disagree necessarily with both or either being taken off, it's the combined double substitution that we've done on more than one occasion recently and it feels like a big change, particularly at a time when we're winning and not chasing the game. If they were staggered it's less of a change to our system in one hit (imo of course)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

he didn’t go two to top he just stuck Biamou on the left from what I could make out

If that was the case that's even more odd, esp as he dropped Biamou for a few games for not following instructions in a similar position. I assume we were playing Shipley and Westbrooke in advanced central attacking midfield roles, so if he was on the left I assume it must have been a very narrow left? Even then given he was fresh and he's more physical I'd have put him up top to occupy the centre halves and be a nuisance.

If he wanted someone deeper/ more left sided why not bring on Allen?

Sky Blue Pete

I expected Allen and ohare for westbrooke and shipley but we should have won with the changes. It was the only bit of the game that we started to get some possession

vow

Biamou and Godden were played as a front 2 when Max came on, not put out on the left.

Users who are viewing this thread