Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Late to the party, but:

Marosi - 7.5 - convinced me he was actually s good goalkeeper as well as a footballer with some of his saves. Composure on the ball is excellent, especially considering he’s a L1 goalkeeper.

Dabo - 7 - over aggressive at times, but he’s defensively sound and influences the game from an attacking sense. Good buy.

McFadzean - 8.5 - showed today what the hype was about; absolute rock at the back. I think his performance was also improved by a reduced number of Hollywood ball attempts.

Hyam - 8.5 - typical dependable Hyam performance. Solid defensively and composed on the ball.

McCallum a 7 - best I’ve seen him play. He faded as the game went on, but he was keen to join the attack/be an outlet and looked more reassured on the ball than usual. Dealt with Atkins well too. As you’d expect at 18, he’s a confidence player and it’s clearly improving in line with his performances.

Westbrooke - 7 - a lot of his work goes unnoticed. He recycles the ball well and has a killer pass in him too. However I’d like to see him more involved.

Walsh - 7.5 - tired second half, but clearly a very talented player. Runs the game from CM at 19 and not fully match fit. He faded but he’s so calm and composed on the ball, with great vision and tempo.

Shipley - 6.5 - some good bits, some bad bits. Despite his habit of misplaying passes, I think he’s technically very good. Just needs to do more and actually shoot when he gets the chance, not pass it the goalkeeper!

Jobello - 5.5 - the game plan seemed to be to get him on the ball, however not sure why. He’s too weak and seems to lack the ability to take people on, either with skill or pace. I’m not writing him off, as with more game and adaptation time, hopefully we’ll see the best of him soon enough.

Godden - 7 - not much to feed off as usual, but did well with what he had. He’s an all round striker; he links play and he has a natural poachers instinct. Great signing, I just hope we learn to use him more.

Hiwula - 5 - I’m a Hiwula fan, but he’s had a poor start to the season. He’s too anonymous and his touch seems to have disappeared. However he did shows some glimpses today, but needs to step up fast.

Subs
O’Hare - 8 - instant impact and plays between the lines very well. Great talent and I’m pleased we’ve got him all season.

Kasteener - 6 - enthusiast, but no evidence of technical ability other than his goal a few weeks ago. Seems a massive confidence player, hopefully that’ll come soon and I do think here’s a player in there.

Jobello and Hiwula are very fortunate we have no viable alternative wingers/inside forwards to replace them with at the minute. If either were more effective we’d have won yesterday.

Overall though, despite fading second half I thought we played some great football against a decent team. As players confidence and fitness improves, plus players return from injury, I can only see us getting better and better - as long as we continue to play football at a high tempo. Not more setting up not to lose.

harvey098

He has managed to miss two clear cut chances in two games, I don’t get the hype at all.

I really don’t get this “maverick” and “look out, he’s craaazy” tag. It started after his red card which came because of a mistimed tackle and an attempted block that carried him into a player because of a greasy pitch.

Should have scored on Saturday and did little else after he came on but we haven’t really seen enough of him to form an opinion. His goal was special though.

Users who are viewing this thread