Player Ratings ? (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Stepping in for Nick who wants to start them off ?

Missed this one so interested too see everyone’s thoughts.

Ian Harding

Wilson 5
Dabo 7
Rose 6
Hyam 6
Mason 7
Eccles 6
Kelly 6
O Hare 7
Kasteneer 4
Bakayoko 4
Hiwula 5
McCallum 5
Godden 5
Shipley 5

Tommo1993

I don’t really do it, but I will tonight.

Wilson - 6 (what did he have to do?)
Dabo - 7
Rose - 7
Hyam - 6
Mason - 8 (McCallum 5)
Kelly - 6
Kastaneer - 4 (Godden 6)
Hiwula - 4 how many touches did he have?
O’Hare - 7
Eccles - 6 (Shipley 5)
Baka - 4
Dublin - 10
Huckerby - 10

pastythegreat

Wilson. 7 Looked happy to play at his feet. Came and punched a few crosses made one good save. Nothing overly special though.

Dabo. 7. Great defensively, done everything asked of him, battled well, would of been an 8 if he could of found a blue shirt when passing.

Hyam. 6. Marked down because I feel he could of stuck a let out and cut out the pass for the 1st goal.

Rose. 8. Looking like a solid defender, great signing.

Mason. 7. Looked good. Passed well, tackled well, up and down the line, most of our play went down that side 1st half, big miss 2nd.

Kelly. 7. Always looking for the ball in front of the defenders. Good option as when we did resort to long ball, it came straight back.

Kastaneer. 4. Dreadful. Didn't pass, didn't run, didn't drive at defenders, couldn't trap a bag of sand.

O'hare. 7. Looked busy. Drove forward well and harassed their players continuously, only shot of the game I remember also ce from him.

Hiwula. 5. Genuinely dont remember anything good or bad he did tonight. Game seemed to pass him by.

Baka. 4. As kastaneer. Dreadful.

Eccles. 6. Done ok. Young lad thrown in, didn't set the world alight but didn't look out of place either.

McCallum. 6. Ran the line well, few wayward passes but ok on the whole.

Godden. 7. Did more in 15mins than Baka did in 90.

Shipley. 6. Hoped he might inject a bit of umph, but at 3-0 down, theres little anyone could do I suppose.

On the whole, we matched a premier league club (not 1st teamers granted but still had 5 or 6 intl players tonight) in almost every department tonight. All but shots. When are we gonna be more clynical. Nobody wants to shoot. I just dont get it. 16 shots to 5 tonight. Other than that, we did ourselves proud with a good performance.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

I hope it’s a match fitness thing for Kastaneer. He slowed us down on several occasions tonight, didn’t look like he wanted to try and take on a player, backwards passing. I don’t think he’ll cover much distance this season. Bakayoko reminds me too much of a Leon Clarke who couldn’t be arsed to perform when Sheffield United came sniffing.

cc84cov

I hope it’s a match fitness thing for Kastaneer. He slowed us down on several occasions tonight, didn’t look like he wanted to try and take on a player, backwards passing. I don’t think he’ll cover much distance this season. Bakayoko reminds me too much of a Leon Clarke who couldn’t be arsed to perform when Sheffield United came sniffing.
Give me a can’t be arsed Leon Clarke over Baka any day of the week

superskyblue

I don’t really do it, but I will tonight.

Wilson - 6 (what did he have to do?)
Dabo - 7
Rose - 7
Hyam - 6
Mason - 8 (McCallum 5)
Kelly - 6
Kastaneer - 4 (Godden 6)
Hiwula - 4 how many touches did he have?
O’Hare - 7
Eccles - 6 (Shipley 5)
Baka - 4
Dublin - 10
Huckerby - 10

Pretty much spot on I reckon. The way McCallum struggled is testament to how good Mason was 1st half. Whole back 4 were great 1st half. Wilson good with ball at feet until he has to do more than 10 yard pass - then his kicking is woeful and cost us the 3rd goal. Ineffective up front. O'Hare showed flashes of an exciting player. Good evening out though.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

That’s probably the most generous comparison I’ve ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Wilson. 7 Looked happy to play at his feet. Came and punched a few crosses made one good save. Nothing overly special though.

Dabo. 7. Great defensively, done everything asked of him, battled well, would of been an 8 if he could of found a blue shirt when passing.

Hyam. 6. Marked down because I feel he could of stuck a let out and cut out the pass for the 1st goal.

Rose. 8. Looking like a solid defender, great signing.

Mason. 7. Looked good. Passed well, tackled well, up and down the line, most of our play went down that side 1st half, big miss 2nd.

Kelly. 7. Always looking for the ball in front of the defenders. Good option as when we did resort to long ball, it came straight back.

Kastaneer. 4. Dreadful. Didn't pass, didn't run, didn't drive at defenders, couldn't trap a bag of sand.

O'hare. 7. Looked busy. Drove forward well and harassed their players continuously, only shot of the game I remember also ce from him.

Hiwula. 5. Genuinely dont remember anything good or bad he did tonight. Game seemed to pass him by.

Baka. 4. As kastaneer. Dreadful.

Eccles. 6. Done ok. Young lad thrown in, didn't set the world alight but didn't look out of place either.

McCallum. 6. Ran the line well, few wayward passes but ok on the whole.

Godden. 7. Did more in 15mins than Baka did in 90.

Shipley. 6. Hoped he might inject a bit of umph, but at 3-0 down, theres little anyone could do I suppose.

On the whole, we matched a premier league club (not 1st teamers granted but still had 5 or 6 intl players tonight) in almost every department tonight. All but shots. When are we gonna be more clynical. Nobody wants to shoot. I just dont get it. 16 shots to 5 tonight. Other than that, we did ourselves proud with a good performance.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Agree with this. Played pretty well but front 3 were the weak links. Nothing stick, no bringing in the midfield and slow of thought. O’Hare and Dabo were my CCFC men of match. Robins will have to make up with max as Baka unfortunately not even good enough for bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

Wilson 6 Couldn’t do anything about the goals and just a couple of routine saves.
Dabo 7 Very sound defensive display-wasn’t bullied/intimidated and nipped in a few times to rob possession back.
Hyam 6 Nothing too good or too bad.
Rose 6 Same as Hyam.
Mason 7 Battled away well down his side especially first half, could have done with him staying on-a loss when he went off.
Kastaneer 4 Abysmal showing-hopefully just not up to speed and fitness lacking. Was rightly subbed.
O’Hare 8 Our best player on the night and anything we were going to create (which on the night was very little) was through him. Got whacked a few times and a good effort that went just wide in the first half.
Eccles 5 Was like a rabbit in the headlights and the game passed him by. To be fair he won’t be up against this type of opponent much. Might have more influence/involvement at our level.
Kelly 7 usual industrious performance from him and unlucky with one of our few attempts that only just went over.
Hiwula 5 One of his off days when you forgot he was even playing.
Baka 4 Atrocious. Thought he may get better after his cameos last season but he is just not up to it. How long do we persist with him?

McCallum 6 Put some decent passes/linked up well when he came on.

Shipley 5 Thought he may add something that Eccles didn’t but was probably too late.

Godden 6 Turned/made space and had one that flew over the bar which is more than Baka has done all season.

Fans 9 Lots of day trippers about,(which some will moan about) great rendition of twist and shout for 20 minutes when the fire had gone out aswell. Maybe the sensible pricing added a few more on a Tuesday night than usual.

ccfc1234

Baka needs to be dropped from the squad. He does not link play, get in positions to hurt the opposition and is not an out and out finisher. We brought a player in Godden that a top 6 rival was prepared to let go and he looks miles better than Baka. It says a lot.
Max needs to get up to speed, say sorry etc as he gets himself into far more dangerous areas of the pitch and can link play far better. Am i saying he is the answer, no, just streets ahead of Baka.
Hope Bristol Rovers sell JCH in Jan and we can sell them another player.

pusbccfc

Wilson 6 Couldn’t do anything about the goals and just a couple of routine saves.
Dabo 7 Very sound defensive display-wasn’t bullied/intimidated and nipped in a few times to rob possession back.
Hyam 6 Nothing too good or too bad.
Rose 6 Same as Hyam.
Mason 7 Battled away well down his side especially first half, could have done with him staying on-a loss when he went off.
Kastaneer 4 Abysmal showing-hopefully just not up to speed and fitness lacking. Was rightly subbed.
O’Hare 8 Our best player on the night and anything we were going to create (which on the night was very little) was through him. Got whacked a few times and a good effort that went just wide in the first half.
Eccles 5 Was like a rabbit in the headlights and the game passed him by. To be fair he won’t be up against this type of opponent much. Might have more influence/involvement at our level.
Kelly 7 usual industrious performance from him and unlucky with one of our few attempts that only just went over.
Hiwula 5 One of his off days when you forgot he was even playing.
Baka 4 Atrocious. Thought he may get better after his cameos last season but he is just not up to it. How long do we persist with him?

McCallum 6 Put some decent passes/linked up well when he came on.

Shipley 5 Thought he may add something that Eccles didn’t but was probably too late.

Godden 6 Turned/made space and had one that flew over the bar which is more than Baka has done all season.

Fans 9 Lots of day trippers about,(which some will moan about) great rendition of twist and shout for 20 minutes when the fire had gone out aswell. Maybe the sensible pricing added a few more on a Tuesday night than usual.

Didn't think there were that many day trippers tbf.

SAJ

The front 3 were all poor for me 4’s and 5’s Baka was the worst of them offered nothing except for one chase down. Eccles looked a little out of place and very much in the headlights not knowing what to do. O’Hare our best player and should he have put his chance away the result could have been so different. Overall think they can walk away with their heads held high.

djpalms23

To persist with Baka, either starting or using as a sub could cost us a top six place, zero improvement since arriving and his inability to win headers, hold up play or link play could cost us in latter stages of a games. Looks like a duck out of water every game I’ve watched him. Think the Charlton, Peterborough and Sunderland games last season papered over lots of cracks and 100% if robins could go back in time he’d of kept the £350k instead of buying him.

With regards to kastaneer it was clear after 35 minutes he was fucked. There are signs though with him that he’ll a threat once up to speed. But you can see he’ll be that one truck to many kind of player

Overall thought we did really well last night, stuck to our passing it from the back game plan and didn’t look to go long which is probably what they’d expect. Better hold up play from said individual above then maybe we could of coursed a few more problems

Be under no illusions that Watford team needed to win last night and they went for it. 11 changes or not the millions of pounds on that pitch and bench for that fact is a credit to where we are at this early stage of the season.

clint van damme

To persist with Baka, either starting or using as a sub could cost us a top six place, zero improvement since arriving and his inability to win headers, hold up play or link play could cost us in latter stages of a games. Looks like a duck out of water every game I’ve watched him. Think the Charlton, Peterborough and Sunderland games last season papered over lots of cracks and 100% if robins could go back in time he’d of kept the £350k instead of buying him.

With regards to kastaneer it was clear after 35 minutes he was fucked. There are signs though with him that he’ll a threat once up to speed. But you can see he’ll be that one truck to many kind of player

Overall thought we did really well last night, stuck to our passing it from the back game plan and didn’t look to go long which is probably what they’d expect. Better hold up play from said individual above then maybe we could of coursed a few more problems

Be under no illusions that Watford team needed to win last night and they went for it. 11 changes or not the millions of pounds on that pitch and bench for that fact is a credit to where we are at this early stage of the season.

I think Baka has actually gone backwards, he showed signs last year of what ability he has, (you've highlighted some of the games), but he has offered nothing this year.
Fair enough he was up against PL opposition last night bet he hasn't done anything in the league either. MR either has to get some fire in to his belly starting Saturday or replace him but I don't think your theory that it could cost us a top 6 place is wide of the mark.

torchomatic

Not sure what to say really, I thought most were OK. Baka was poor, as was Kastaneer. Hyam was surprisingly average, particuarly with their first goal. O'Hara was the best player in Sky Blue. The loanee. Typical. Still, looking forward to the Oxford game, I'm sure it will be totally different. Despite Watford struggling, there was obviously a massive gulf in class between the two teams.

torchomatic

I think Baka has actually gone backwards, he showed signs last year of what ability he has, (you've highlighted some of the games), but he has offered nothing this year.
Fair enough he was up against PL opposition last night bet he hasn't done anything in the league either. MR either has to get some fire in to his belly starting Saturday or replace him but I don't think your theory that it could cost us a top 6 place is wide of the mark.

Totally agree. He was up against PL oppostion but that doesn't stop him actually running for the ball. Apart from the time he closed down the keeper I'm struggling to think what he actually did last night. Thought it was a poor decision from MR to start him over Godden.

cc84cov

Yeah it was-had an absolute stinker!
Maybe just needs to get fitness levels up but seemed to do well pre season & that finish against Bristol Rovers,the club seem to think he was a bit of a coup if I remember rightly.

willz121

Wilson 6 - made some good saves, could do very little about the goals although his poor clearance led to the third
Dabo 7 - worked tirelessly on the right with very little support from his winger (whether Kast, Baka or Hiwula)
Mason 7 - another excellent performance from him, hope the injury won't see him miss Oxford
Rose 7 - very good positioning for clearing headers and played out from the back well
Hyam 6 - other than the first goal where he should've done better, he was solid
Kelly 8 - my Man of the Match; just worked so hard in midfield, made himself available for passes and held the ball well when he was played into trouble a few times
Eccles 6 - for a first start against Premier League opposition, I actually thought he did well
O'Hare 7 - worked so hard to get us moving forward, but Hiwula and Baka were certainly not on his wavelength
Kastaneer 5 - hopefully it's a lack of fitness, but he looked well out of place last night
Hiwula 5 - you can tell he's playing out of position, as there were times we were pressing forward and he cut inside rather than providing a wide option
Bakayoko 4 - I try so hard to give him a chance every time I see him, but he just isn't good enough. Yes he was against PL defenders last night, but he just looked disillusioned and not interested

McCallum 6 - did well against a very tricky winger who cost Watford £25m, although got caught on the break a few times. He bust a gut to get back though which is a great sign from a youngster
Godden 6 - worked hard, but with absolutely no service, he couldn't really make an impact. Looking forward to him and O'Hare building an understanding as I think that will breed goals
Shipley 6 - came on to do a job in midfield, and I think he steadied the ship. Disappointed with his corners, but decent effort

SBA 10 - I cannot remember an atmosphere be so contrasting in a long time. Watford fans were silent, and minimal, but we sang the whole game. When they scored, we were still louder, and even at 3-0 down the whole stand was still behind the boys. Could've easily turned on a few players, but instead continued to support the whole game.

This was highlighted by Gomes and Mariappa (I think) coming over and applauding us at the end of the game. A few Watford fans we saw on the way out also commented on how we were the best fans they'd seen for a long time!

Genuinely think if we'd nicked the first goal, or even got one back to make it 2-1, we'd have been in with a shout as Watford looked bereft of confidence. However, as the game wore on, the gulf in class grew larger, especially as our midfield became more isolated. Great evening out though!

rob9872

Defensively I thought ok, but they let us keep the ball in areas which didn't hurt them
Midfield worked hard and ran around a lot, but were often chasing shadows
I thought the front 3 were woeful

Wilson …. well all those giving 6 & 7, just roll back 12 months and imagine that was a Burge performance. Flappy on crosses (dropped one easy in particular first half), poor distribution (2 or 3 punts to the half of the pitch with nobody in), arguably culpable for the 3rd goal and not great positioning on the first. He's our reserve keeper (thankfully), but it was a dreadful display.

ceetee

Although they may be, at this moment, a poor premier league team, the difference in class/quality was evident.
Yes, we held our own and were not in any way disgraced, but they had the quality and patience to wait and punish the inevitable mistake or poorly judged play.
Some of their shooting was wild but the goals were all well taken

cc84cov

Baka should be kept away from the first team squad god knows why we didn’t let him go when we had chance at least max gives 100%,Walsall fans were spot on about him I’m afraid.

cooperskyblue

Sounds like Kastaneer is just getting up to speed, was probably a good game to get 60 mins into him will do him good.

Bakayoko does need to up his game, Biamou is scoring for u23s and thus providing a reason to be included in the match day squad.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If Max doesn't come into the squad for Baka there must be more too it.

I think it's something MR has taken from Fergie - if anyone questions your authority get them out. Maybe Max had the audacity to question his tactics of bringing him on to play as left inside forward.

covboy9

Wilson 6, looked decent enough couple of saves

Dabo 7 one of goals cudda done better on but thought he looked better than a league 1 right back

Mason 7 is this the same guy we had last season, composed and neat hope he’s not crocked

Hyam 6 worked hard and under pressure

Rose 7 very impressed commanding and calm

Kelly 6 brilliant player but eventually worn down and overrun

Eccles 5 talent there, chasing shadows too much pace of game showed him up

O’Hare 6, bright early lacks a bit of composure and was snuffed out, looks a decent player

Kasteneer 2, get rid of this c**t, useless doesn’t do anything well and pitiful effort

Baka 4, brain dead and even worse when played out of position this guy isn’t the answer

Hiwula 4, has talent but without effort it’s pointless has to play central imo

Pretty disappointed robins didn’t go full strength, the front 3 let the side down in a manful display by the others

cc84cov

Wilson 6, looked decent enough couple of saves

Dabo 7 one of goals cudda done better on but thought he looked better than a league 1 right back

Mason 7 is this the same guy we had last season, composed and neat hope he’s not crocked

Hyam 6 worked hard and under pressure

Rose 7 very impressed commanding and calm

Kelly 6 brilliant player but eventually worn down and overrun

Eccles 5 talent there, chasing shadows too much pace of game showed him up

O’Hare 6, bright early lacks a bit of composure and was snuffed out, looks a decent player

Kasteneer 2, get rid of this c**t, useless doesn’t do anything well and pitiful effort

Baka 4, brain dead and even worse when played out of position this guy isn’t the answer

Hiwula 4, has talent but without effort it’s pointless has to play central imo

Pretty disappointed robins didn’t go full strength, the front 3 let the side down in a manful display by the others
Got to Kastanner then shit hit the fan lol

Users who are viewing this thread