Player ratings (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody want to start while I drive home?

cc84cov

Wilson 6 done basics well
Dabo 8 strong performance
Hyam 6 ok few sloppy passes
Rose 8 solid defender reads the game so well
McCallum 7 solid game
Kelly 8 his usual self good game
Zain 6 very average
Shipley 6 played ok for a hour
Hiwula 8 took goals well faded 2nd half
Godden 8 lead the line well will score plenty
Jobello 6 average not suited to 433 I feel

Last edited:

Evo1883

Wilson 6
Dabo 8. 5 MOTM
Rose 8
Hyam 5
Mccallum 7
Jobello 6
Kelly 7
Shipley 6
Westbrook 6
Hiwula 8
Godden 7

Skybluefaz

What about little jay?
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Rose had a great game I thought, some of those passes he were picking out were outstanding.

Assist as well.

cc84cov

Rose had a great game I thought, some of those passes he were picking out were outstanding.

Assist as well.
Thoughts on Jobello Nick ? Do you think he suits a 442 instead whipping balls into 2 strikers ?

Sky Blue Pete

Wilson - 7 some of his passing was far too good for a keeper. Poor mistake for goal
Dabo - 8 think he’s gonna be good
Rose - 8.5 if he continues like that he will be player of the season
Hyam - 6 rusty
Mcccalllum - 7 faded second half but strong first half. Much improved on last season
Westbrook - 7 takes a good set piece so good on the ball. Poor out of possession. But again big improvement on last year
Kelly - 8 excellent so good for Shipley and Westbrook
Shipley - 6.5 not good enough for centre mid he doesn’t love the ball enough. Set pieces were good though
Hiwula - 7 goals great first half good. Stopped playing second half
Godden - 7.5 isolated but made sure he got involved lovely header
Jobello - 6.5 lots of skill and pace needs confidence

Full backs didn’t really have any protection from their wide men

Subs

Eccles - struggles
Baka - brave goal but on the back foot too much
Kastaneer he’s a brute. Great he got on

4-1

Nice win shame about the draw

Nick

Administrator
Thoughts on Jobello Nick ? Do you think he suits a 442 instead whipping balls into 2 strikers ?

He needs to toughen up a bit.

When he gets it he wants to whip crosses in behind the defenders but in front of the keeper.

Hard to tell from Kastaneer too, he took a great touch and run and a decent pass but not enough time. Did like that he just steamrollered their player as soon as he came on

Skybluefaz

Wilson 6 - excellent with the ball at his feet, absolutely Burged it up on the cross
Dabo 7 - misplaced a few passes early on, looks to have the heart of a lion though and a great run on the goal
Hyam 7 - seemed pretty steady to me, may have missed some of his sloppy play cos he looked his usual self pretty much.
Rose 8 - Very much in the Hyam mould, played the ball nicely. Also defended the high balls to their big man well. Exeter's style of play has gone down the pan since Tisdale left.
McCallum 7 - good link up with Hiwula in the first half
Westbrooke 6 - ok, that's what he is though. Just ok.
Shipley 6 - as above
Hiwula 7 - scores twice, seemed barely involved at times as usual, but always capable of scoring.
Godden 8 - Great goal, makes things happen. Plays the lone striker role well. Really exciting start
Jobello 7 - good touch, good things will come from him I'm sure
Kelly 8 - leader, calm on the ball again. Injected energy when we needed it. Quality

Subs
Decent little cameos from all. Wish Kastaneer got more of the ball.

SAJ

Wilson 6 good distribution poor goal to concede.
Dabo 8 Good game from the first minute onwards.
Hyam 6 some poor passes a little rusty but won most headers.
Rose 8 looks better each game so fantastic passes.
McCallum 7
Kelly 8 Controlled midfield all night.
Shipley 6 Good first 25 minutes then did little else. Corners and free kicks big improvement on last season
Westbrook 6 same as Shipley. Good free kick for Goddens goal.
Hiwula 7 Great first half watched the second half.
Jobello 6 If we can get the ball to him a little quicker he could be a key player this season. Some decent crosses and runs.
Godden 7 looked the part. Caused them problems all night great flick headed goal and assist for 3rd goal.
Subs All did ok but the game was like a testimonial by then

Johhny Blue

Wilson - 7 some of his passing was far too good for a keeper. Poor mistake for goal
Dabo - 8 think he’s gonna be good
Rose - 8.5 if he continues like that he will be player of the season
Hyam - 6 rusty
Mcccalllum - 7 faded second half but strong first half. Much improved on last season
Westbrook - 7 takes a good set piece so good on the ball. Poor out of possession. But again big improvement on last year
Kelly - 8 excellent so good for Shipley and Westbrook
Shipley - 6.5 not good enough for centre mid he doesn’t love the ball enough. Set pieces were good though
Hiwula - 7 goals great first half good. Stopped playing second half
Godden - 7.5 isolated but made sure he got involved lovely header
Jobello - 6.5 lots of skill and pace needs confidence

Full backs didn’t really have any protection from their wide men

Subs

Eccles - struggles
Baka - brave goal but on the back foot too much
Kastaneer he’s a brute. Great he got on

4-1

Nice win shame about the draw
"Nice win. Shame about the draw" sums up Saturday's game

skybluegod

Wilson - 5/6- Very good distribution, but it's clear he's a second choice, awful for the goal, and looked hesitant a few times coming for things.
Dabo - 8 - Thought he was fantastic, don't think we will have issues with him, great couple runs cutting in and driving through the middle and put in a great challenge for a 50:50
Rose - 8 - Thought he looked composed on the ball and got his head on most things, one shaky moment first half but thought he looked good overall, but we weren't challenged enough defensively
Hyam - 6.5- though he was okay, clearly lacking sharpness, and i expect Rose to keep his place, but not bad.
Mcccalllum - 6.5- Good without being outstanding still looks a bit raw but clear potential there.
Westbrooke- 6- thought he was the poorest out there, but he wasn't awful. He didn't get on the ball enough, and seemed to be anonymous for a lot of the game- however he does take a decent set piece.
Kelly - 8- Would be extremely worried if he got injured as nobody can fill that role in my eyes. He's the perfect base to our midfield, can play it short or long, and tackles well.
Shipley - 6.5- Think he adds something different to midfield, does a lot of the hard yards, and puts a foot in but nowhere near enough, one of those players that is a steady eddie.
Hiwula - 8- Two goals and full of running and energy, faded a little second half but overall very good game. First finish was what we need, hit it instinctively and scored. Got in a few times as well and dragged their RB all over the place first half.
Godden - 7.5- It was pretty telling that we faded as soon as he went off. He links the play very well, and makes intelligent runs. Took his goal well, and i liked his volley that dropped over the shoulder. It was straight at the keeper but showed a real striker instincts to even attempt it and was a good hit. I expect he will get 20+ this season.
Jobello- 6.5- good without being outstanding, a couple of great runs, but got the ball caught under him a couple times too, he needs confidence and to get used to the team but i expect he will be a key player.

Subs:
Baka- 6- Decent header, but don't think he links the play as well as Godden, an okay option off the bench, but thought we were pretty poor when he came on the forwards seem to become more disjointed

Other two not really worth rating.

CCFC88

When 433 works as it should the player on the opposite side should be coming in at the back post to make it 2 in the box. Hiwula, I think is perfect for this, see the 2nd disallowed goal vs Bolton. 2 strikers in the box from a Jobello whipped cross just unfortunate Hiwula couldn't finish without playing it off Baka's backside.

It stretches their back 4, Jobello pulls their left back out wide, their left sided CB comes over slightly as cover leaving spaces for Hiwula to come in from the left and other CF to exploit gaps.

mark82

When 433 works as it should the player on the opposite side should be coming in at the back post to make it 2 in the box. Hiwula, I think is perfect for this, see the 2nd disallowed goal vs Bolton. 2 strikers in the box from a Jobello whipped cross just unfortunate Hiwula couldn't finish without playing it off Baka's backside.

It stretches their back 4, Jobello pulls their left back out wide, their left sided CB comes over slightly as cover leaving spaces for Hiwula to come in from the left and other CF to exploit gaps.

Jobello was consistently appearing at the back post in those situations against Bolton.

Evo1883

Think with jobello he will improve more and more, there is definitely a communication issue at the moment too

CCFC88

Jobello was consistently appearing at the back post in those situations against Bolton.
Exactly, for the first disallowed goal, different situation with Shipley breaking through but the same outcome. This notion that 433 leaves you without enough men in the middle is nonsense when done correctly.

TTG

Anybody want to start while I drive home?
this contradicts a previous post I made, but don't u need to update your profile pic with this season's home kit?

Users who are viewing this thread