Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

start then

Burge - 3 just a waste of space
Sterling - 4 already on holiday
Hyam - 7 looked classy
Willis - 6 didn’t notice him to be fair , I’d had a few wines I’ll admit but don’t know whether that’s a a good thing or bad thing
Mason - 5 fairly average nothing to bad but nothing to good
Kelly - 6 steady eddy
Shipley - 5 loves giving the ball away
Thomas - 5 nothing to note
Bright - 5 see Thomas
Hiwula - 6 you can see there’s a player there
Bakayoko -3 about as useful as burge....

Adge

Burge 5 Goodbye
Mason 5
Sterling 5
Willis 6
Hyam 7
Kelly 6
Shipley 5
Hiwula 5
Bright 5
Thomas 5
Baka 4

Subs-
Chaplin 5
Westbrook 6
Ponticelli 4

Robins 6 Not sure what else he could do as when Bright went off so did our chance of getting anything out of the game. Think he knows that a bit of surgery is required for us to push on again next year.

Fans 4 Who were these dicks who rained on the parade of the Doncaster Rovers fans by spoiling the party? It was our turn last year-it was their turn this year.

rob9872

We were collectively crap today ... but it didn't matter! On the beach too soon but no damage.

stevefloyd

I alluded to the fact that Sterling was concentrating more on spending his money than concentrating playing for us but someone knew better than we can all see for ourselves

The Philosopher

Burge 4 reasonable shot stopper but kicking and the total lack of reliability hinders his game. In turn, the defenders in front of him have to play their game differently which harms their performance. We need a calm, older keeper next year and a talented rookie on the bench.

Mason 5. Went forward well and tracked back adequately. Too many wayward balls.

Sterling 5 see Mason above.

Willis 7 solid enough, but expected a better (probable) swan song.

Hyam 7 adequate

Kelly 7 some neat interceptions and passing but felt he could have rallied his troops better.

Shipley 5 needed to move more. Whenever our wide defenders had the ball, there was no one in the middle easily available to receive a pass. In turn, long balls and risky passes ensued which often meant giving the ball away.

Hiwula 5 not his best game.

Bright 7 his direct play was missed after he went off

Thomas 4 poor game. Should just shoot on sight and hope that we get a rebound / deflection

Baka 4 not a target man. Not a poacher. There’s a player in there, maybe a defensive forward but his style isn’t suited to the team

Subs-

Chaplin 5 anonymous

Westbrook 7 looked useful

Ponticelli 6 looked hungry at least

Robins 5

Has turned the team into a neat-passing, direct running, tough tackling outfit.

Dead ball play is sorely lacking. A corner routine rarely comes to anything, free kicks ditto, and things as simple as throw ins are conspicuously inept. This is where Shipley (or whoever in that position) should run towards to create a triangle route. At present, any throws are often intercepted and position turned over.

SBA 9

Young tuggers who ran on the pitch aside, great turn out for a meaningless game and great singing throughout. I don’t get to go to many games (I live in Sheffield now, young family etc) but at this and the Barnsley game the SBA were brilliant. Even when down a goal or two they keep going and that must have an effect on the lads on the pitch. Drummer was great.

Keep going next year

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I thought Kelly and Hyam did alright and Mason was good at times, the rest was garbage in the main. I think i missed a 'Burge special' whilst having a piss but he looked badly out of place for the first goal.

The chicken balti pies were good. 8/10

win9nut

Burge - 5 I always hoped he’d kick on, and was hopeful after last season but can’t see it happened with us now. Splinters in the arse next season unless the change of scenery makes a difference for him. Don’t think he actually made too many mistakes this week, perhaps should’ve been able to stop the cross for the first, and maybe should’ve pushed the second away, but the initial stop was good.
Sterling - 5 didn’t come off for him, lost his man at the back post on the first goal
Hyam - 7 mopped things up
Willis - 7 was a good partner and works well with Hyam
Mason - 6 couldn’t impose himself, lost his man for the cross for the first goal
Kelly - 7.1 holding force in the middle, but had to carry Shipley
Shipley - 4 gave the ball away time and again (usually a fan, but not yesterday)
Thomas - 4 his only success was not getting injured before returning to Derby, unfortunately that came at the expense of his performance
Bright - 5 sad to see him get injured in his last game for us, hope he comes back next season but he’ll probably end up in the Championship, he imposed himself on the defence retained possession well on a few occasions, then got injured
Hiwula - 6 was at the centre of everything we created after Bright went off, but we didn’t create much. Hope to see him come on even more next season, maybe as a foyle for an improved, scoring Chaplin.
Bakayoko - 5 back to goal all game and when Bright went there was no one looking for the ball.

Chaplin - 5 Think a season in League 2 would have benefitted him this year... as it was I didn’t see enough movement from him, think he should’ve played closer to Baka, but kept dropping deep to supplement midfield, possibly because Thomas and Shipley were barely in the game
Westbrook - 6 looked useful when he came on
Ponticelli 5 - again pretty anonymous but did put the keeper under pressure on at least one occasion

Users who are viewing this thread