player ratings vs shrewsbury town (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

disgusting to see some posters trying to make fleck into the next boo victim

Bit over the top pal.

Some people are sticking to their 'football ideology' too dogmatically though.

stupot07

Bit over the top pal.

Some people are sticking to their 'football ideology' too dogmatically though.

No, we're saying that every player has a job to do off the ball, and as good as fleck was in possession at times was was just as bad off the ball. You talk about technical ability and passing, have you seen how hard the barca players work tracking runners and pressing when not in possession, that's why they win it back so quickly.

We're not asking him to throw his body on the line, go in late on people, do 2 footed lunges, etc, just that he gets himself in a defensive position quickly and if someone from midfield runs past him to track that run - these are the basics for any midfielder whether to iniesta, Xavi, fleck or a bloke playing Sunday league football.

Mucca Mad Boys

No, we're saying that every player has a job to do off the ball, and as good as fleck was in possession at times was was just as bad off the ball. You talk about technical ability and passing, have you seen how hard the barca players work tracking runners and pressing when not in possession, that's why they win it back so quickly.

We're not asking him to throw his body on the line, go in late on people, do 2 footed lunges, etc, just that he gets himself in a defensive position quickly and if someone from midfield runs past him to track that run - these are the basics for any midfielder whether to iniesta, Xavi, fleck or a bloke playing Sunday league football.

Give me an example of "poor" off the ball work? I remember him putting in a tackle on Morgan. No one has answered what I've said about McSheff, he is our worst player off the ball. So I repeat, Fleck is better off the ball as well as on the ball. Better player? Hell yeah!

He worked just as hard in defence as any in midfield, bar Jennings, no one works harder than that guy. Moussa didn't really put in a tackle, no one bemoans his off the ball ability.

Grendel said he doesn't have enough pace to be a pro. Think that says it all. I bet he's a 4-4-2 man, bet he'd love to watch PNE week in, week out as they all had high fitness levels and were physical, and pacey...

... But not that good at football.

SkyBlue_Bear83

People are forgetting Fleck also played very well vs Stevanage as a sub which is likely why he was given a chance in the first place over the last 2 game. He changed the game according to some at that attended the match, I think he played down the left when he came on at Stevanage

Mucca Mad Boys

People are forgetting Fleck also played very well vs Stevanage as a sub which is likely why he was given a chance in the first place over the last 2 game. He changed the game according to some at that attended the match, I think he played down the left when he came on at Stevanage

Didn't Sheff play shit (again) before getting subbed? ...

... If so, that's Fleck's 3 good games to Sheff's shit games.

stupot07

Didn't Sheff play shit (again) before getting subbed? ...

... If so, that's Fleck's 3 good games to Sheff's shit games.

But sheff wasn't shit yesterday he was our best attacking players and althought he wasn't great against mk dons he got an assist in that game. And he was also our biggest attacking threat in the last home game vs PNE.

wingy

He was'nt shit at Stevenage either ,but the manager made a good call and introducing Fleck got us passing on the deck a lot crisper and more accurate ,so not losing possession as much and building momentum .
there has been nothing too detremental about sheffs game or workrate for the last 8 games or so ,but like others would benefit from a game out here or there in the right match.I do think we've seen the effects of a little fatigue in the last few performances ,Sheff ,Christie ,Adams.

CCFC_Charlie

I didn't attend MK Dons but I heard we played 4-1-4-1 with Fleck and Moussa in front of Jennings? If so, why did we revert to having Fleck and Jennings behind Moussa because as good as Fleck is on the ball he simply isn't suited to a deep lying position.

WillieStanley

The trouble is, when some supporters heard "Scotlands Wayne Rooney" they expected Wayne Rooney. The only thing is, "Scotlands Wayne Rooney" is like Lidl's Dom Perignon.

stupot07

I didn't attend MK Dons but I heard we played 4-1-4-1 with Fleck and Moussa in front of Jennings? If so, why did we revert to having Fleck and Jennings behind Moussa because as good as Fleck is on the ball he simply isn't suited to a deep lying position.

Moussa was behind mcgoldrick and kept swapping with sheffers, fleck played deepest with Jennings, but Jennings did push up.

Moussa moved deeper when fleck went off

Grendel

shmmeee

Fleck gets more time and starts our attacks off better in a deep lying position but totally agree that he doesn't give our defence the protection they need (a new CB is needed at some point).

For me the best midfield is:

Bailey Jennings
Baker Moussa McSheffrey

Fleck and Barton can come in for the front three and Thomas and Moussa for the back two.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fleck gets more time and starts our attacks off better in a deep lying position but totally agree that he doesn't give our defence the protection they need (a new CB is needed at some point).

For me the best midfield is:

Bailey Jennings
Baker Moussa McSheffrey

Fleck and Barton can come in for the front three and Thomas and Moussa for the back two.
I would say this is correct for now, however at some point in the future when he is fit I would like to see Thomas get a run in the side in place of Jennings as I think he can do better than Jennings an when one of the front 3 badly loses form or gets injured/suspended I would like to see how Fleck does with an extended run in the side

Users who are viewing this thread