Player Ratings vs Bristol City (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Marosi 7
Eccles 8
Ostigard 8
McFadzean 5 (loses 2 purely for their goal)
Pask 7
McCallum 9
James 7
Kelly 7
O’Hare 8
Godden 7
Walker 6

Gyokeres 6

Robins 8

Walsgrave

I was really impressed by Eccles, with the exception of one or two miscues of his. Good positional awareness and uses his body well to shepherd the ball. Years of experience playing at centre half and right back in the academy probably helped a lot with this. He has not got a bad cross on him either. I reckon he keeps his place at right wing back until further notice.

SeaSeeEffCee

Agree with most of that, though I thought James was better than Kelly and Walker was involved in all three goals so a bit harsh to only get a 6.
Yeah, that’s probably fair in regards to Walker. Was just a few too many moments where it felt like he should have done better.

Hertsccfc

Marosi 7 - didn't have too much to do but looked safe and one excellent save
Eccles 6 - good player but clearly not a wing back
McCallum 8 - faced a very talented player first half but played well throughout
Ostigard 7 - scored at last
McFadzean 6 - one great and one horrendous bit of play
Pask 8 - excellent
Kelly 7 - some really good defensive work
James 8 - motm but better first half than second
O'Hare 8 - great play for final goal. Anyone still want Allen in his place?
Godden 7 - not fit yet but class shows
Walker 7 - as above

Gyokeres 7 - Well taken goal. Maybe there is a player in there after all.

steve101

Marosi 7 (didn't have much to do but good brave save in first half and handling was good)
Eccles 7 (disciplined in his play. Composed and a couple of decent crosses)
McCallum 8 (he was beaten a couple of times on the inside early on but was relentless in his work rate and made numerous interceptions)
Ostigard 8 (took his goal well. Dominant in the air)
McFadzean 7 (played very well including his last ditch clearance after Marosi save. Apart from very poor back pass leading to their goal)
Pask 8 (solid. Defended well in the air and on the deck)
Kelly 8 (defended very well. Continued to orchestrate. Always on his toes)
James 9 (showed his quality. Some great passing, including the one Godden failed to pull down and the one to O'Hare that led to another Godden shot)
O'Hare 8 (excellent work rate. Unlucky with long range volley and linked well with top two. Took ball excellently before his assist)
Walker 8 (much better all round involvement. Quality pass in to O'Hare for third goal)
Godden 7 (understandably off the pace but held ball up well when played into him. Took penalty well)

Gyokeres 7 (good positioning and finish for his goal. May be an important player in the run in)
Hamer na

cov donkey kick

Pask 8 - excellent
Walker 7 - as above

Only difference I would give Eccles a7

SBchimp

Pask 8 - excellent
Walker 7 - as above

I’d agree with that, great result against a very poor team, could have been very much more. I’d probably just about give Sam MOM, most of their attacks came down our left and he stood strong.

eastwoodsdustman

Marosi 7 (didn't have much to do but good brave save in first half and handling was good)
Eccles 7 (disciplined in his play. Composed and a couple of decent crosses)
McCallum 8 (he was beaten a couple of times on the inside early on but was relentless in his work rate and made numerous interceptions)
Ostigard 8 (took his goal well. Dominant in the air)
McFadzean 7 (played very well including his last ditch clearance after Marosi save. Apart from very poor back pass leading to their goal)
Pask 8 (solid. Defended well in the air and on the deck)
Kelly 8 (defended very well. Continued to orchestrate. Always on his toes)
James 9 (showed his quality. Some great passing, including the one Godden failed to pull down and the one to O'Hare that led to another Godden shot)
O'Hare 8 (excellent work rate. Unlucky with long range volley and linked well with top two. Took ball excellently before his assist)
Walker 8 (much better all round involvement. Quality pass in to O'Hare for third goal)
Godden 7 (understandably off the pace but held ball up well when played into him. Took penalty well)

Gyokeres 7 (good positioning and finish for his goal. May be an important player in the run in)
Hamer na
Thanks for saving me the time of typing it out. Exactly as I saw it!

stevefloyd

Cannot fault anyone today, although Fadz did soil it a little, Marko very brave save when Fadz cleared it, good mature full debut for Eccles too. I thought Walker put himself about a bit too

rob9872

Fadz cooked up but also good at both ends and neutralises the error as it ultimately didn't cost us. I'd say 7s all round but 8 for OHares work rate and edges motm for me.

Sick Boy

Marosi 7
Eccles 8
Ostigard 8
McFadzean 6
Pask 7
McCallum 8
James 7,5
Kelly 7
O’Hare 8,5
Godden 7
Walker 7

Gyokeres 6,5

Robins 9

fatso

I just hope Godden hasn't picked up another injury, we are a different team when he is playing, and actually offer a threat upfront.

Magwitch1

I hope today’s team play together more often it will get better and if that means Hamer stays on the bench so be it. Totally in control today until that ridiculous back pass, less said about that the better but despite that managed to keep our heads and go up the other end and restore our two goal advantage, good day at the office.

speedie87

Marosi 7 not a lot to do
Eccles 7 didn’t get exposed
Ostigard 8 one bad pass first half stuck in my head otherwise 9
Mcfadzean 6 (2 deducted for that pass)
Pask 7 comfortable- only caught out once 1st half
Kelly 7 some poor passes and should have been subbed after his yellow as was pulling out of tackles after it
James 7 ok
McCallum 8 decent
Ohare 7
Godden 6 looked way off the pace but still could have bagged a couple
Walker 7 ok

ccfc1234

Marosi 7 - looked much better and needs to keep the shirt for this season.
Eccles 7 - did far better than expected and looked like he should keep hold of the shirt.
McCallum 7 - soild game.
Ostigard 7 - scored at last and unlucky not to connect better with another header. Will only improve.
McFadzean 5 - Story of his season. Playing well one min and giving away goals the next. One to keep around the squad but he needs think a bit more
Pask 8 - excellent and nice to see him get a shot in the back 3.
Kelly 8 - some really good defensive work and makes us a better, more combative team. Needs to keep his place.
James 8 - played well and like Kelly does the basics well.
O'Hare 8 - unselfish for the goal. Breaks up play from the front. Must start player on that form.
Godden 7 - noticeable lacking mobility but looked dangerous and looks a clinical finisher.
Walker 6 - not a great shift but looks like he has goals in the bag. Needs to work much harder on his fitness and explosive speed.

Gyokeres 7 - cool finish.

Malaka

No ratings from me because the sun is shining warmly on my face, birdsong fills the air and flowers are blooming

Evo1883

Whatever Robins said to Sam at half time worked because he went from Chris stokes to cafu in a 15 minute interval

Blind-Faith

Marosi 7
Eccles 7
Ostigard 8
McFadzean 6
Pask 7
McCallum 7
James 8
Kelly 7
O’Hare 8
Godden 7
Walker 7

Gyokeres 7

Robins 8

higgs

Walker was very good today, a full pre-season and I think he’ll be even better next season.
He's a great signing the lad will scores goals he's a massive asset to us for next season regardless of what division we are in

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Marosi 7 - looked much better and needs to keep the shirt for this season.
Eccles 7 - did far better than expected and looked like he should keep hold of the shirt.
McCallum 7 - soild game.
Ostigard 7 - scored at last and unlucky not to connect better with another header. Will only improve.
McFadzean 5 - Story of his season. Playing well one min and giving away goals the next. One to keep around the squad but he needs think a bit more
Pask 8 - excellent and nice to see him get a shot in the back 3.
Kelly 8 - some really good defensive work and makes us a better, more combative team. Needs to keep his place.
James 8 - played well and like Kelly does the basics well.
O'Hare 8 - unselfish for the goal. Breaks up play from the front. Must start player on that form.
Godden 7 - noticeable lacking mobility but looked dangerous and looks a clinical finisher.
Walker 6 - not a great shift but looks like he has goals in the bag. Needs to work much harder on his fitness and explosive speed.

Gyokeres 7 - cool finish.
Walker the second worst player? Not a great shift?
How many of the goals was he instrumental in today?

ccfc1234

Walker the second worst player? Not a great shift?
How many of the goals was he instrumental in today?
On reflection i would revise it up to 6.5? I don't really wish to debate negatives on a really posative day for the club. His defending from the front is where he lost a point from my overall rating.
Definatily deserves to keep his place and hopefully build on his partnership play with Godden.

shmmeee

On reflection i would revise it up to 6.5? I don't wish to debate negatives on a really posative day for the club. He did make a decent run off the shoulder to get fouled but he also did not put the shift in that others did.
If we're 1 or 2 up we should be defending from the front and in that respect he lost a point from my overall rating.
Definatily deserves to keep his place and hopefully build on his partnership play with Godden.

His deflected shot fell to Østigård for the opener, he won the penalty, then he got onto the back pass and played in O’Hare for the third. I think he did well and makes smart runs which gave others more space. There was only the one time he was through and his touch let him down that I was disappointed with. I think him and Godden will be lethal when they both find some fitness and understanding.

ccfc1234

His deflected shot fell to Østigård for the opener, he won the penalty, then he got onto the back pass and played in O’Hare for the third. I think he did well and makes smart runs which gave others more space. There was only the one time he was through and his touch let him down that I was disappointed with. I think him and Godden will be lethal when they both find some fitness and understanding.
I am not saying he had a poor game, offensively. I just feel out of possession he invites pressure onto the midfield as he does not pressurise the opposition enough. I think that should come with fitness. Had he been more mobile out of possession I would have said a 7.5 +
Against better teams we need our forwards (esp when we play 2 up) to be the first line of defence.

cc84cov

Played well today ...once you accept that he's a miserable twat which im sure you will get over eventually..you see he is quite intelligent and clearly with a capable partner and a capable number 10 ...can make things happen
Won the pen,good link up play I rate him

Frostie

This is the key. Both Walker & Godden make really good movements off the ball, constantly giving defenders a headache. As much as Biamou tries his best he just doesn't have that level of game intelligence.

Quest pundits all hailed Walker, calling him a "menace" throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread