Player ratings v Cardiff (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

6 points in 5 days and 2 games with 2 clean sheets!

Moore - 7 Catching and punching and passing and clearing. Top notch keeper. 3 year deal
Dabo - 7 quiet game first half worked so hard second game. Probably a red on balance and completely unnecessary but all players make mistakes at our level
Maatsen - 7 Improves with every game. Unlucky to be taken off and kane was poor compared. Great reaction with the manager when he came round
Clark-Salter - 7.5 Balances everything out. Man mountain can’t run but makes us such a defensive unit
Mcfadzean - 8.5 Full pockets now he’s added Moore to his collection from the last few weeks
Hyam - 9 I genuinely think he was outstanding tonight. His reading and tackling and heading. I’d be delighted to sign this hyam on a longer deal. Can he keep it going?
Hamer - 8 some of his enterprising play going forward was delightful. He needs to shoot. His interception late in the second half after a mistake was as good as any through pass
Allen - 8 Great game could easily have had a couple of goals but waghorn ignored him and others too when he was running clean through. He’s bulked up and his fitness was brilliant
Ohare - 7 I love that we are not dependent on him for our attack. He’s been off the boil last couple of games and we’ve won both. He also never stops and is fouled constantly
Waghorn - 7.5 his touch is something else. Played well tonight
Gyokeres - 8.5 Took his goal brilliantly tonight. Some of his dribbling was of a higher level. He could have an exceptional season.

Subs

Kane - 5 poor cameo. Poor tackle then dived to let his player passed. Early days but he needs to improve
Godden - 7 looks excellent, seems faster and stronger. He will start to get longer in these games and we are well blessed up front and that’s without Walker

Robins - 10

Great to leave 3 up. He’s such a shrewd manager and has a team with individuals that are really buying into what he’s offering

ccfcricoh

Moore - 8 - dont remember a single mistake in the last 2 games, some solid punches to clear corners
Dabo - 7 - stupid tackle
Maatsen - 8 - looks lightweight but puts himself about very well, unfortunate to come off
Clark-Salter - 9 - thought it was his best game in a City shirt so far
Mcfadzean - 9 - solid as expected now
Hyam - 9 - Great game, potential MOTM, should probably have hit the target with his chance
Hamer - 8 - always wants the ball, and runs most of the game, should have had a couple of shots
Allen - 9 - Absolutely everywhere, defensively and attacking, so much energy, I'm giving him the assist for the goal too lol! MOTM
Ohare - 7 - quiet few games, probably for just being marked out of games, but we can afford that when Allen playing so well and getting the space
Waghorn - 8 - Good game, lots of energy and does the dirty work
Gyokeres - 9 - absolute handful, no defense is going to want to come up against him, incredibly well taken goal considering the pressure he was under

Kane - 7 - came on and was slowing the game down to try and see it out, was fouled for their chance so not going to blame him too much there, gets 3 games now to fight for the shirt, hopefully he's got what it takes

DannyThomas_1981

I'm Dabo's biggest fan and would always have him on the team sheet - for his presence and attitude alone. He makes us a better team.

But 7s are a little generous for this game - he wasn't on top form last night with his distribution - which may have led to his frustration and diving in. And stupidly diving in invited unnecessary pressure in the final minutes and most importantly we pointlessly lose one of our most influential players for the next 3 games.

If one of the less favoured players had done this - the board would have been in meltdown for weeks/months/years!

PVA

Was the assist his or O'Hares?

O’Hare

Good run from Allen and nice pass into O'Hare, lovely one touch layoff into Gyo

There were quite a few moves like that last night where someone, say Gyo, would come short and drag a Cardiff defender with him, lay it off and someone picks out a runner in behind the space

Sky Blue Pete

I'm Dabo's biggest fan and would always have him on the team sheet - for his presence and attitude alone. He makes us a better team.

But 7s are a little generous for this game - he wasn't on top form last night with his distribution - which may have led to his frustration and diving in. And stupidly diving in invited unnecessary pressure in the final minutes and most importantly we pointlessly lose one of our most influential players for the next 3 games.

If one of the less favoured players had done this - the board would have been in meltdown for weeks/months/years!
First half maybe. Second half dabo was excellent until the moment of madness. Red card and he’ll learn but if there’s a better right wing back at our level I’d be buggered

olderskyblue

Don’t understand the high scores for Maatsen. He was being schooled in the first half, and was lucky not to be taken off before half time imo. Luckily he had Clark Salter to cover for him.
also, Dabo’s passing was awful first half, gets himself stupidly sent off, but gets 7’s ??

Evo1883

Don’t understand the high scores for Maatsen. He was being schooled in the first half, and was lucky not to be taken off before half time imo. Luckily he had Clark Salter to cover for him.
also, Dabo’s passing was awful first half, gets himself stupidly sent off, but gets 7’s ??

I didn't want to say , but he was pretty poor

SBAndy

FotMob ratings:

1631786496129.png

Less convinced by these than the ratings for the Mboro match at the weekend - think Allen, Fadz and Hyam have been low-balled a bit.

Marty

Moore - 7
Dabo - 5 gave the ball away loads last night, stupid tackle at the end deep in their half to relieve the pressure when he didn't even need too.
Maatsen - 6 gave the ball in stupid places, doesn't look bad, just needs to cut out basic errors.
Clark-Salter - 7
Mcfadzean - 7
Hyam - 7
Hamer - 8
Allen - 8 MOTM was superb again,
O'Hare - 7
Waghorn - 8 looked very good last night.
Gyokeres - 8 full of running and looked dangerous, would have been nice to cap it with a second goal

Calista

Kane - 7 - came on and was slowing the game down to try and see it out, was fouled for their chance so not going to blame him too much there, gets 3 games now to fight for the shirt, hopefully he's got what it takes

Kane wasn't fouled, it happened right in front of us and was a pathetic attempt to con the ref. He made a right tit of himself, could have cost us a goal and got sent off with a second yellow for simulation.

Moore 8 – a big upgrade on the keepers we've had over the last few years, spreads calm to the defence
Dabo 7 – it's a measure of how far the team has progressed that he no longer stands out. Daft challenge at the end.
Maatsen 6 – entertaining to watch, pace and skill but will get tested physically in this league
Clark-Salter 7 – solid enough, maybe a bit casual at times
Mcfadzean 8 – he's the boss
Hyam 8 – like all the others, improving with Championship experience
Hamer 8 – great all round performance, but as usual a couple of passes were way off beam
Allen 8 – excellent with and without the ball
O'Hare 7 – the usual skills, and good to see he's learning to play it simple sometimes instead of trying to beat four men. If only he could shoot.
Waghorn 7 – experience and class
Gyokeres 8 MOTM – crazy to think that only about three of us on here saw ability in him a few months ago. Ran from our penalty area to get the goal. Should have shot instead of trying to round the keeper later.

Kane 6 – can obviously play, so needs to forget about the sneaky tricks and silly fouls
Godden 7 – good to have strength in depth up front. Think he or Walker will love playing alongside Vik.

SlowerThanPlatt

Kane wasn't fouled, it happened right in front of us and was a pathetic attempt to con the ref. He made a right tit of himself, could have cost us a goal and got sent off with a second yellow for simulation.

Yep, couldn’t believe what I had just watched from a player of that experience.

ccfcricoh

Moore 8 – a big upgrade on the keepers we've had over the last few years, spreads calm to the defence
Dabo 7 – it's a measure of how far the team has progressed that he no longer stands out. Daft challenge at the end.
Maatsen 6 – entertaining to watch, pace and skill but will get tested physically in this league
Clark-Salter 7 – solid enough, maybe a bit casual at times
Mcfadzean 8 – he's the boss
Hyam 8 – like all the others, improving with Championship experience
Hamer 8 – great all round performance, but as usual a couple of passes were way off beam
Allen 8 – excellent with and without the ball
O'Hare 7 – the usual skills, and good to see he's learning to play it simple sometimes instead of trying to beat four men. If only he could shoot.
Waghorn 7 – experience and class
Gyokeres 8 MOTM – crazy to think that only about three of us on here saw ability in him a few months ago. Ran from our penalty area to get the goal. Should have shot instead of trying to round the keeper later.

Kane 6 – can obviously play, so needs to forget about the sneaky tricks and silly fouls
Godden 7 – good to have strength in depth up front. Think he or Walker will love playing alongside Vik.
free kick for me - Hands on the back - they're given all the time whether its right or wrong, but hey ho, who cares now lol

edgy

FotMob ratings:

View attachment 21820

Less convinced by these than the ratings for the Mboro match at the weekend - think Allen, Fadz and Hyam have been low-balled a bit.

FotMob ratings are formed by actual game stats, I believe. Stuff like pass completion, tackles, inteceptions, shots etc. So more a statistical rating, rather than visual one.

Take Allen for example, his energy and fitness was so apparent last night, but that wouldn;t be reflected in his rating here.

edgy

Yep, couldn’t believe what I had just watched from a player of that experience.

Thing is though, "players with that experience" do this week in week out at the top levels of the game. My son, 11, has started to do it because he's seen it's very successful on the TV. His name sake, Harry, for example. 9 times out of 10, he wins a free kick for it.

SlowerThanPlatt

Thing is though, "players with that experience" do this week in week out at the top levels of the game. My son, 11, has started to do it because he's seen it's very successful on the TV. His name sake, Harry, for example. 9 times out of 10, he wins a free kick for it.
That’s a striker though, if he doesn’t get a foul then there’s 8 or 9 players behind him and usually not much consequence. Our Todd Kane did 20 yards from goal and they should have scored

Calista

Harry Kane waits for real contact and goes down like a sack of spuds. I hate it but at least it works.

Todd Kane looked around for the opposing player, slowed up hoping for a shove, and theatrically threw himself to the floor. Problem was that their player only brushed him with his fingers, as you'd have seen if you were as close as us. The lino (two or three yards away) rightly didn't buy it.

DannyThomas_1981

I'm not worried about Kane - although admittedly yesterday's cameo was a near disaster.

Recent history has shown that it's difficult for players to be match sharp in their first few appearances for the City; Gyo certainly wasn't convincing when he arrived last year, JCS was poor in his first game and Moore's first impression in a pre season friendly led to 6 weeks of near hysteria. Dabo coming back from a lay off was also off the pace last season.

Even more difficult for Kane coming off the bench and playing on his less favoured side.

Looking forward to seeing what Kane brings at RWB over the next 3 games.

jordan210

Harry Kane waits for real contact and goes down like a sack of spuds. I hate it but at least it works.

Todd Kane looked around for the opposing player, slowed up hoping for a shove, and theatrically threw himself to the floor. Problem was that their player only brushed him with his fingers, as you'd have seen if you were as close as us. The lino (two or three yards away) rightly didn't buy it.

It was the constant looking behind for the player that cost him. He just dint sell it very well. Without the looking behind a few times. Lino would have given the freekick.

shmmeee

Agree with this, it was an awful dive from right in front of where I was sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread