Player of the season so far (1 Viewer)

ronan_cov

Player of the season so far really only has one contender, David McGOALdrick, but i'd like to see what everyone thinks other contenders could be.

deanocity3

The first time I saw him was playing for Southampton in a live sky match in the Jay Tabb era we were 4-1 up he was clean through on goal and made a complete balls up of his shot,since then he been to a few clubs without scoring many,here he's been fanastic.We must sign him before someone pitches him.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Joe Murphy has to be up there surely?

Even though im not a fan i tend to Agree.

Bailey for me has done well and we must extend his loan imo. McG is the obvious choice. Without his goals where would we be? Also I think Baker, since taking on the armband has only ever improved. Again, not his biggest fan but think he deserves credit where its due

WillieStanley

Take DMG out of the equation and my nominations have to be Murphy, Baker and Bailey. All three have been great this season, although still prone to silly mistakes!

pusbccfc

Has to be Baker. Most assists. 2nd leading goalscorer.
He is at the centre of most attacks and goals.
His win rate as captain is quite impressive as well.

stupot07

Although baker played well the last 3-4 games, he been very inconsistent this season. In fact aside the Birmingham game he was playing pretty poorly before robins came and for the first half of robins tenure.

Grendel

Baker if you are looking at other than DMC

As Stu says for 80% of the season he has been typical Baker -- distinctly average.

If he is a benchmark of our squads ability we have no hope for a top 6 finish.

dongonzalos

80 % of the time he has been good for me.

20 % average to poor.

I don't really include the 5 defeats. As they were bizarre

Ashdown

David McG obviously................... but a guy improving every week for me is William Edje, now we are becoming a more settled side he is proving a very shrewd acquisition at this level and for very little outlay.

CCFCSteve

David McG obviously................... but a guy improving every week for me is William Edje, now we are becoming a more settled side he is proving a very shrewd acquisition at this level and for very little outlay.

Agreed. Thought Edge looked good Saturday. How anyone can mention wood is beyond me, yes, he has done his bit for the cause (playing on with various injuries etc) but he has been to blame for a number of goals that have cost us points this season. For an experienced pro on substantial wages I was hoping for a bit more.

shmmeee

2nd highest assists in the league IIRC. It's obviously DMcG but for our own players its hard to see past Baker IMO.

Otis

I thought he is quite thin to be honest.

John Fleck, now there you might have a case.

Grendel

80 % of the time he has been good for me.

20 % average to poor.

I don't really include the 5 defeats. As they were bizarre

So you would also exclude the Birmingham game for the same reason -- i.e. instability and no manager?

georgehudson

egde or christie for me, DMC /JB would be but for their a loanees,
if owners signed them the'd be tops,
t'other 2 have shown their continued determination,
DMC / JB may fall into the category of those we would / should, have signed,
pusb

Users who are viewing this thread