Player of the Season so far (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

We're now at the halfway mark after 23 games. We've had some low points and, more recently, some highs. So who is your player of the season so far?

PVA

I don't think there is a clear standout, which to me is a sign of a stronger squad compared to last season where there was two obvious standouts absolutely miles in front of the rest.

Gibbo

We're now at the halfway mark after 23 games. We've had some low points and, more recently, some highs. So who is your player of the season so far?
O'Hare - big part of the change around. One player we have of genuine Premiership standard

Blind-Faith

Really tough one, which as been mentioned is probabaly a good sign, also a change in formation and certain players dropping out and others coming in due to it.

Id have to probably plump for Sheaf

Greggs

Wright has improved massively, actually starting to enjoy him. Looks strong.

harvey098

In terms of minutes played and consistency then Eccles. If O’Hare would’ve played more at the same standard he has, then him by a mile. Equally Lati has been excellent every minute he’s played but there just haven’t been enough of them to warrant POTS

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ben Sheaf, just to further trigger ESB

Tbf I am triggered, like a leftie on reddit during a trans debate. It's nonsense though. Not even been our best midfielder on performances this season. We play better without him. Refreshing to see the cult is alive and well however. All of this is annoying because I like him, I just can't believe this God-like status a lot of our fans give him. It gives me the ick. Can play as shit as he wants and still gets MVP nominations. Stevie Wonder would be proud.

Also, it's ESB1, you prick.

Captain_Slackbladder

Overall it has probably been Sheaf, he has been the most consistent over the season. Probably followed by Eccles/Allen, but there are many many others gathering points behind him. Over the last 6 games any of the back 4 could state their claim, ditto Tatsu and Cal. The strikers still need to convince but Wright is starting to show some of his value and never underestimate the work Simms is doing which creates space for others.

We should be greatly be looking forwards to boxing day but never underestimate The City's ability to greatly screw up in these games with a big crowd!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Eccles for his:
champions league trent alexander arnold corner kick GIF by Liverpool FC

Deity

Tats is a joy to watch and has been all season. The new formation suits him.

Kitching is improving with every match

Others are gaining in confidence and the second half of the season could see any one of them become the standout player ….

If we can add quality in January it could be a fascinating run in ….

my instincts are we fall just short of the play offs

Chris1987

Difficult one as different players have come into the side over the season to date.
On the matches he's played Liam Kitching has showed genuine quality. Unflustered and consistently in the right place at the right time he exudes confidence.
MVE & Tats looking the real deal too.
Plenty to be optimistic about .

Ashdown

Bidwell has been superb this season. Followed by Saka for me.
Ohare is a class above at times but still needs to get a bit fitter.

Deity

Bidwell has been superb this season. Followed by Saka for me.
Ohare is a class above at times but still needs to get a bit fitter.
Yes. He also needs to pick his moments to try the killer pass. Guilty of giving the ball away a lot yesterday.

stupot07

Saka, because he's a joy to watch.

Sheaf, Bidwell, Kitching and Eccles (corners apart) have also been solid.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Tbf I am triggered, like a leftie on reddit during a trans debate. It's nonsense though. Not even been our best midfielder on performances this season. We play better without him. Refreshing to see the cult is alive and well however. All of this is annoying because I like him, I just can't believe this God-like status a lot of our fans give him. It gives me the ick. Can play as shit as he wants and still gets MVP nominations. Stevie Wonder would be proud.

Also, it's ESB1, you prick.

Robins must be part of the cult then, as when he has been in the squad, he's played 90 minutes every game and been made captain. Yesterday was the first time he's come off and that was because of an injury. He's one of Robins first names on the team sheet.

steve101

So many contenders. Bidwell has to be up there - so dependable. However, if recent performances continue, then Kitching, Sakamota and O'Hare would be vying. Van Ewijk, Sheaf, Eccles and Thomas all in the mix.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Robins must be part of the cult then, as when he has been in the squad, he's played 90 minutes every game and been made captain. Yesterday was the first time he's come off and that was because of an injury. He's one of Robins first names on the team sheet.

It's like an NPC auto-robotic response.

It still doesn't address my points. Robins also picked JDS over Bidwell for ages. Sheaf and Eccles are both good players, but like Evo posted, they're on similar ground this season. Yet again though, when it comes to one player, it's an automatic pick or MVP, the other is talked about in lower rungs.

Users who are viewing this thread