Player of the season so far? (1 Viewer)

rob9872

First 10 Gyorkores, last 10 Fadz, overall Moore

Hiraeth

Could make arguments for so many of the team but it's Gyökeres for me, fewer goals recently perhaps but still fifth most goals scored in the championship so far

Has some real touches of class in his play and I feel he provides a fair bit more to the team than just his goals

Reppz

Anyone who says O’Hare when we have Fadz, Hamer, Moore, Gyok, Godden and Sheaf needs their head looking at.

Kane has more goal involvements than O’Hare ffs.

Perryccfc

Probably Fadz for me, but I think a massive part of his improvement is the confidence of having a decent keeper behind him.

Hamer second for me. Class.

Perryccfc

Anyone who says O’Hare when we have Fadz, Hamer, Moore, Gyok, Godden and Sheaf needs their head looking at.

Kane has more goal involvements than O’Hare ffs.

That’s a nice stat you’ve plucked to support your argument. What about everything else during the 90mins of football? Or does that not count?

Reppz

That’s a nice stat you’ve plucked to support your argument. What about everything else during the 90mins of football? Or does that not count?

Call me old school, but I like attacking players to contribute towards goals rather than run around a lot just to crumble every time they get within 25 yards of goal.

I mean even if you are basing O’Hare’s performances purely on his running, tracking back and winning possession etc, you really think he has been our best player?

Sky Blue Harry H

Can't disagree with Fadz, but the next time he makes an error (like they all will at some point) he'll be castigated. Been brilliant and next summer is where we need to try and secure his successor. Such a key position (should imagine Ostigard is getting p*ssed off at the lack of game time at Stoke - as will be Brighton)

Colin Steins Smile

Can't disagree with Fadz, but the next time he makes an error (like they all will at some point) he'll be castigated. Been brilliant and next summer is where we need to try and secure his successor. Such a key position (should imagine Ostigard is getting p*ssed off at the lack of game time at Stoke - as will be Brighton)
I noticed that Ostigard wasn't even on the bench for Stoke's last game......is he injured?

JonesBob

My answer has a touch of surprise about it because during preseason he didn't perform well and I think people's expectation of this position has been one of disappointment for so long - therefore I would say Moore has been player of the season, thus far.

Alkhen

McFadzean and Moore

McFadzean constantly astounds me this season, added goals and cut out a lot of the silly mistakes from previous seasons. Proper leader.

Moore, was a little worried that he came here off the back of not playing for a few years, but has proved a great buy. He is a massive upgrade on any keeper we have had for a long time. Safe hands.

Londonccfcfan

1)Mcfadz
2)Vik
3)Godden

The above 3 have exceeded my expectations.

Vik was scintillating first dozen games.

Even when not at his best/injured/out of form. Is still a handful. So hes still up there.

Paxman II

I'm changing my top two to reflect recent performances, as it is called 'so far'?

McFazdean is the clear winner tbf. That also suggest others are not doing enough? And our form has slipped.

aloisiwouldhavescored

O Hare for me we don't have anybody who can do the job he does for us great engine on the lad

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Agree with O'Hare, fantastic workrate every single game.

Mind you, a shout for Moore as well. First season for a long while I feel confident about the goalie, finally a safe pair of hands (although he does make the odd mistake, but hey, who doesn't).

Sky Blue Harry H

I noticed that Ostigard wasn't even on the bench for Stoke's last game......is he injured?

Not sure where he was? Think he was on the bench the game before QPR ? The worry from him is that he's not getting in despite Souttar being out long term. They seem to be going with Batth, Wilmot and ? (Chester than seems to be there as back up, before Osti - he can't be happy) Wouldn't mind trying to recruit, with a view to buying - if he can't get in at Stoke, he's not getting near the Brighton team.

Frostie

Not sure where he was? Think he was on the bench the game before QPR ? The worry from him is that he's not getting in despite Souttar being out long term. They seem to be going with Batth, Wilmot and ? (Chester than seems to be there as back up, before Osti - he can't be happy) Wouldn't mind trying to recruit, with a view to buying - if he can't get in at Stoke, he's not getting near the Brighton team.

Not sure if he's fallen out with O'Neill, we know he can be a little "headstrong" shall we say.

Local rag saying it's not injury related. He travelled with the squad to QPR but wasn't picked in the 18, preferred Morgan Fox (a LB) over him.
He played for their U23s on Monday instead.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure if he's fallen out with O'Neill, we know he can be a little "headstrong" shall we say.

Local rag saying it's not injury related. He travelled with the squad to QPR but wasn't picked in the 18, preferred Morgan Fox (a LB) over him.
He played for their U23s on Monday instead.

After his rise to prominence playing for us, and his reported reputation as a strong character, I can't believe he is happy with his lack of game time, let alone not being a regular starter. Interesting to see what happens next. like I said before, Harry Souttar out long term and he still doesn't make the bench, let alone the team. They also had a good win at QPR, so why would he get back next hgame? Hopefully he doesn't play against us, as we all know his aerial threat. Stoke have been poor lately, but looked really good v QPR. I see Sawyers has also got injured. Just need one or two more to get injured v M'Boro at the week-end. Preferably Campbell, Vrancic and Fletcher (not asking for much!)

fatso

Agree with O'Hare, fantastic workrate every single game.

Mind you, a shout for Moore as well. First season for a long while I feel confident about the goalie, finally a safe pair of hands (although he does make the odd mistake, but hey, who doesn't).
Sometimes you need to look at what a player adds to the team overall.
It's one thing catching the eye by running round like a demented headless chicken, but what does that do in terms of getting results?

PVA

It's a top 3 of Fadz, Gyo and O'Hare.

Fadz takes it, he's been a rock and he's cut out all those stupid errors he used to make when he first joined despite playing at a higher levle.

Gyo's goals were obviously vital in getting us this high in the division. Shame they've dried up but he's still an important player.

O'Hare causes the opposition all sorts of problems and his workrate is unreal. We all know he needs to improve his end product.

Users who are viewing this thread