Played our best football this season under AT? (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

Ironically that first 45mins against Bury was by far and away our best football of the season to date IMO! The game after he got sacked v blues aswell.
No one wanted him out more than me, but were we a bit hasty? Thoughts please chaps.

Evans1883

Ironically that first 45mins against Bury was by far and away our best football of the season to date IMO! The game after he got sacked v blues aswell.
No one wanted him out more than me, but were we a bit hasty? Thoughts please chaps.
Bury were poor.our best performance was the first 70 mins away at swindon

Otis

Bury only just won their first match of the season last night. Shows how poor they are.

Monkeyface

The players got Thorn sacked because they didn't want to play for him, now that's fair enough if he's a twat to work for, we've all had nob head bosses. They obviously thought he wasn't good enough to manage them. Now they have what they wanted, like spoilt little children and they still can't play football. Time they woke up and realised, its not everyone else's fault!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
AT should have been removed end of last season........ we are still paying the price of muddled thinking and poor leadership

Sky Blue Kid

Does that include the 4-1 and 3-1 gubbings against Wrexham and Inverness C.T. ?....Then again we had a fabulous mullering of Brora Rangers(Highland amateur league 5-0) to compensate, didn't we!:whistle:

slyblue57

:jerkit:eek:mg Thorn was an idiot. no manergerial ideas, read my previous posts he was a hopeless scout , one good player for every 3 or 4 signed.
u say one gud 45 minutes well yes wat about the last 45 minutes in that game and virtually every other 90 minutes ffs.

dongonzalos

Yes the decision to sack him effectively ended our hopes this season.

Personally I feel he would have got us promoted.

If you are going to sack a manager three games into a season it should be because of three heavy defeats not three draws ffs!

If you are potentially going to sack thorn after 3 games don't allow him to sign 9 players. The new manager should have been doing this. Robins doesn't fancy these players. I am not sure they all like him. We are potentially now back a year in our planning.

Even if you agree that AT should have been sacked after three games. Surely if TF had such little faith in AT he should have identified 3 possible replacements. Had a quite word with them just in case.

I think the decision to sack AT and the drawn out recruitment process led to 5 defeats on the bounce.

This decision for me personally has ruined the season where I finally had the most hope and optimism about CCFC since we were first relegated from the prem.

We signed 9 players FFS with more promised from the loan Window. One of whome was rumoured to be Goldie.

I like Robins however it seems he wants his own lot.

Hopefully SISU back him like they did AT and we either have an amazing run this season or we get there next season.

Very pissed off it has got to this. Hope TF was not lying when he said it has to work or I don't get paid.

Last edited:

Grendel

If you are going to sack a manager three games into a season it should be because of three heavy defeats not three draws ffs!

If you are potentially going to sack thorn after 3 games don't allow him to sign 9 players. The new manager should have been doing this. Robins doesn't fancy these players. I am not sure they all like him. We are potentially now back a year in our planning.

Even if you agree that AT should have been sacked after three games. Surely if TF had such little faith in AT he should have identified 3 possible replacements. Had a quite word with them just in case.

I think the decision to sack AT and the drawn out recruitment process led to 5 defeats on the bounce.

This decision for me personally has ruined the season where I finally had the most hope and optimism about CCFC since we were first relegated from the prem.

We signed 9 players FFS with more promised from the loan Window. One of whome was rumoured to be Goldie.

Hopefully SISU back him like they did AT and we either have an amazing run this season or we get there next season.

Very pissed off it has got to this. Hope TF was not lying when he said it has to work or I don't get paid.

Classic comedy nonsense this.

Best bit is the player's don't like Robins which I assume is a swipe at results. Must have hated Thorn then and thought Shaw was the devil incarnate.

Brighton Sky Blue

Classic comedy nonsense this.

Best bit is the player's don't like Robins which I assume is a swipe at results. Must have hated Thorn then and thought Shaw was the devil incarnate.

Robinsy just doesn't have the same ring as Shawsy, does it?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

sorry don but I have got to disagree with some of that........

A lot of the writing was already on the wall pre season ....... the squad wasnt going to perform to any great standard under AT and in those first three games we got points inspite of the performances. If anything 3 points flattered us. Your confidence in At's promotion push i just can not share. I do not think AT had the hard edge or flexibility of thought to do that .... but thats my opinion.

I agree CCFC should not have taken 3 games to sack AT............. they should have sacked him last May and got a new man in to build the squad over the summer. It isnt we have gone back a year in planning ........... there wasnt really a plan in the first place! Planning means identifying strengths and weaknesses, working to protect strengths and to overcome weakness, putting structure in place, defining goals and how to achieve them, knowing how to react to changing circumstances ......... none of which were evident. For example we all knew that we lacked pace in the team........ nothing done to change that, we all knew that we lacked a leader in the middle of the park ....... precious little done to change that etc etc

Do the players all like MR ..... probably not, there are 37 different players all with their own opinions it would be silly to think that all players had the same opinion of MR. I would suspect the biggest problems are the ones who have been taken out of their comfort zones by the new regime. Not before time have they been told a few home truths and their complacent worlds shaken. Will that translate into immediate results - no ...... it has taken seasons to get to the situation it wont change in 5 weeks and it will be a bumpy ride.

I agree the selection process took too long ......... TF and SW can bluster all they like but so far their own performance has not been above average, certainly hasnt been decisive and sure isnt transparent. They have to share the blame for the current position we are in much more so than MR but no less than AT

As I understand it McG was brought in because of RS not AT. Of course MR wants his own lot in .......... given the standards and results of the squad he has been landed with so would I, it is clear many players are simply not up to the job mentally, some physically.

I think SISU have messed up again, not actually controlled appropriate to the situation and reacted far too slowly....... TF & SW have allowed the finances to suffer signing too many players, been indecisive in management decisions, spent money to the extent it will be hard to spend in january without significant trading ( who is going to want some of our squad ........ case in point Clingan, when he went he was hailed as one of our star players, has he got a long term contract yet (has he got a deal?) ?). I suspect that finances are not hitting budget .... income down and wages too high. We are still the basket case we have always been, wasting money, planning badly, executing any plan very poorly.

The result of which is growing dis interest in all things Sky Blue. Part of that disinterest is because of the football AT had us playing ..... sterile risk averse slow keep ball around our box with a long diagonal 50:50 out ball ....... did we ever really play a consistent high standard under AT ? Let alone in the first 3 games. We always look(ed) vulnerable, last year it was because of the kids apparently, this year it has to be because of the squad AT assembled. In reality it was because the muddled AT thinking didnt know how to get the best from the squad and didnt cure the stand out problems of pace and leadership

Yes a lot of the disinterest is the poor results this season ....... always going to be the case..... but it is hard to blame MR considering the squad he has been landed with, and all the things lacking in the squad that every tom dick and harry in sky blue can see........ so who created that situation ?

Personally I am as worried about the whole situation as i ever was.

just my opinion :)

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

The above post made by you.....Ahemmm........WHERE exactly do you state LEAGUE GAMES?...Then again...you move the goalposts, and state the "Blues Game"(Cup Match)
If you want to include that game, then I have every right to include Wrexham, and Inverness.C.T.....What was that?..."Splitting hairs":whistle:

dongonzalos

sorry don but I have got to disagree with some of that........

A lot of the writing was already on the wall pre season ....... the squad wasnt going to perform to any great standard under AT and in those first three games we got points inspite of the performances. If anything 3 points flattered us. Your confidence in At's promotion push i just can not share. I do not think AT had the hard edge or flexibility of thought to do that .... but thats my opinion.

I agree CCFC should not have taken 3 games to sack AT............. they should have sacked him last May and got a new man in to build the squad over the summer. It isnt we have gone back a year in planning ........... there wasnt really a plan in the first place! Planning means identifying strengths and weaknesses, working to protect strengths and to overcome weakness, putting structure in place, defining goals and how to achieve them, knowing how to react to changing circumstances ......... none of which were evident. For example we all knew that we lacked pace in the team........ nothing done to change that, we all knew that we lacked a leader in the middle of the park ....... precious little done to change that etc etc

Do the players all like MR ..... probably not, there are 37 different players all with their own opinions it would be silly to think that all players had the same opinion of MR. I would suspect the biggest problems are the ones who have been taken out of their comfort zones by the new regime. Not before time have they been told a few home truths and their complacent worlds shaken. Will that translate into immediate results - no ...... it has taken seasons to get to the situation it wont change in 5 weeks and it will be a bumpy ride.

I agree the selection process took too long ......... TF and SW can bluster all they like but so far their own performance has not been above average, certainly hasnt been decisive and sure isnt transparent. They have to share the blame for the current position we are in much more so than MR but no less than AT

As I understand it McG was brought in because of RS not AT. Of course MR wants his own lot in .......... given the standards and results of the squad he has been landed with so would I, it is clear many players are simply not up to the job mentally, some physically.

I think SISU have messed up again, not actually controlled appropriate to the situation and reacted far too slowly....... TF & SW have allowed the finances to suffer signing too many players, been indecisive in management decisions, spent money to the extent it will be hard to spend in january without significant trading ( who is going to want some of our squad ........ case in point Clingan, when he went he was hailed as one of our star players, has he got a long term contract yet (has he got a deal?) ?). I suspect that finances are not hitting budget .... income down and wages too high. We are still the basket case we have always been, wasting money, planning badly, executing any plan very poorly.

The result of which is growing dis interest in all things Sky Blue. Part of that disinterest is because of the football AT had us playing ..... sterile risk averse slow keep ball around our box with a long diagonal 50:50 out ball ....... did we ever really play a consistent high standard under AT ? Let alone in the first 3 games. We always look(ed) vulnerable, last year it was because of the kids apparently, this year it has to be because of the squad AT assembled. In reality it was because the muddled AT thinking didnt know how to get the best from the squad and didnt cure the stand out problems of pace and leadership

Yes a lot of the disinterest is the poor results this season ....... always going to be the case..... but it is hard to blame MR considering the squad he has been landed with, and all the things lacking in the squad that every tom dick and harry in sky blue can see........ so who created that situation ?

Personally I am as worried about the whole situation as i ever was.

just my opinion :)

Well put reasoned and rational points made.

Just the way a good footey debate should be.

Have to admit I am getting tired of boring one liners, with any real substance that attack one point in a persons opinion and exaggerate or distort what they actually said.

I agree OSB the players who do not MR will do so as it is dustuption and a kick up the,arse for them.

I am not having a pop at MR. I understand why he is doing what he is doing. However I feel that this will mean another season of wait.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think it was always asking too much to see this campaign as a nailed on promotion one. This is not an easy division. Some of the quality is not there but there are plenty of teams that work hard and get in your face. As yet we have not found our feet in this division and largely fail to compete as a team in anything other than a basic low spirited set up. Very few teams actually bounce straight back up. That said we have a lot of advantages on our side (budget, ground, squad size, age, supposed quality, etc) which is why it all seems so frustrating. My ambition this season was to win more than we lose, then to see where that takes us.......... so far it leads to frustrating disappointment.

skybluesteve76

The above post made by you.....Ahemmm........WHERE exactly do you state LEAGUE GAMES?...Then again...you move the goalposts, and state the "Blues Game"(Cup Match)
If you want to include that game, then I have every right to include Wrexham, and Inverness.C.T.....What was that?..."Splitting hairs":whistle:

I said the season, not pre season. I included blues because it was just after he left if I remember rightly, so still his team with his tactics?
There's been nothing to inspire me so far under robins so just surmising that bury and blues at home were our best performances so far.
No one mentioned pre season, just you.

dongonzalos

OSB. I agree with you.
How many teams in division have the players we had before we signed anyone.
I would say prior to signing anyone. Our squad would be in a relegation fight.
We have since signed 14 players. Unles AT, RS, MR have no idea about footey.
Those 14 must have something about them. Bearing in mind most teams as I am sure it was explained to me pre season can only sign 3 to 4 players.
Yet we signed 14.
I can't accept our championship relegation team plus 14 should be in the relegation zone.

A new manager does not rate these players ....... Who blames him. If you do you have to suceed.?

If you don't rate the players. ...but you said you do to get the job ......

Welcome to ccfc October 2012

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

OSB. I agree with you.
How many teams in division have the players we had before we signed anyone.
I would say prior to signing anyone. Our squad would be in a relegation fight.
We have since signed 14 players. Unles AT, RS, MR have no idea about footey.
Those 14 must have something about them. Bearing in mind most teams as I am sure it was explained to me pre season can only sign 3 to 4 players.
Yet we signed 14.
I can't accept our championship relegation team plus 14 should be in the relegation zone.

A new manager does not rate these players ....... Who plays him. If you do you have to suceed. If you don't ....but you said you do to get the job ......

Welcome to ccfc October 20006

Of course they shouldn't be in the drop zone-but they are where they are because of firstly ineffective, then non-existent, and now fledgling management. This season will be one of painful adjustment to learn what kind of football succeeds at this level-Wednesday and PNE suffered very average campaigns in their first seasons down and in the second have been a hell of a lot stronger. If Robins is a quick learner, and he is given that magic buzzword of his (patience), then the lessons we are learning now can be applied either in January or next summer onwards for a consolidated push that has some substance to it. If it takes a total clearout followed by a brand new squad next year, then so be it-but this season is essentially over for us as far as the top 6 is concerned.

dongonzalos

I agree bsb this season was always going to have a bit of transition, in it and it would take a bit of time to adjust.
Which is why I think wag and TF were a bit over expectant in those early games.

Users who are viewing this thread