Play Offs (1 Viewer)

st john

IF we don't make auto's and have to settle for play-offs does anyone know whether season-long loans are eligible to play or does the loan end when the official season ends.

usskyblue

I don't know m8.....but if it's described as a 'season long' loan, the answer might be in the question....

..put it like this; if we make the playoffs and the league decided to end the season?

I'll be a bit pissed off m8

Last edited:

Brylowes

IF we don't make auto's and have to settle for play-offs does anyone know whether season-long loans are eligible to play or does the loan end when the official season ends.
Hopefully the season would include play-off's if you qualify

Hobo

Surely the play offs extend your season.

Otis

This scenario has risen before I recall and there was some contention.

Wasn't us, it was another club, but you would think if you've loaned someone you've loaned someone and it would be until your season was over.

Just something niggling away at me in the back of my mind that this proved to be a contentious issue in the past.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This scenario has risen before I recall and there was some contention.

Wasn't us, it was another club, but you would think if you've loaned someone you've loaned someone and it would be until your season was over.

Just something niggling away at me in the back of my mind that this proved to be a contentious issue in the past.

This is what I thought sure it was something ridiculous like it didn't cover the final and couldn't be extended.....

Or maybe that was a FM dilemma for me a few years back!

SeasideShrimper

I assume your season long loanees could play. We signed Joe Pigott in Jan 2015 until the end of the season on loan from Charlton. We then managed to extend his loan for the play-off campaign, (in which, he scored the last minute equaliser v Wycombe at Wembley).

So if it applies to half season loans, I reckon it's the same for season long loans.

Otis

I assume your season long loanees could play. We signed Joe Pigott in Jan 2015 until the end of the season on loan from Charlton. We then managed to extend his loan for the play-off campaign, (in which, he scored the last minute equaliser v Wycombe at Wembley).

So if it applies to half season loans, I reckon it's the same for season long loans.

Well isn't that it in a nutshell, that you 'had to extend it for the play-offs?' Doesn't that bring into it some doubt?

Otis

'Wycombe have extended the loan spells of four key players ahead of the promotion play-offs.

Brentford trio Alfie Mawson, Sam Saunders and Nico Yennaris and Millwall's Fred Onyedinma were all set to return to their parent clubs after the 3-2 win over Northampton but they have been granted permission to stay at Adams Park for the two legs against Plymouth and a possible Wembley final.
However Brentford have retained a recall option for both Saunders and Yennaris, should they be required for the Bees' Championship play-off campaign.'

Seems like you have to extend it with the parent club. Shouldn't present a problem though you would have thought.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

'Wycombe have extended the loan spells of four key players ahead of the promotion play-offs.

Brentford trio Alfie Mawson, Sam Saunders and Nico Yennaris and Millwall's Fred Onyedinma were all set to return to their parent clubs after the 3-2 win over Northampton but they have been granted permission to stay at Adams Park for the two legs against Plymouth and a possible Wembley final.
However Brentford have retained a recall option for both Saunders and Yennaris, should they be required for the Bees' Championship play-off campaign.'

Seems like you have to extend it with the parent club. Shouldn't present a problem though you would have thought.

No doubt England under 19's will have some tournament at Butlins on the May bank holiday weekend of the playoff finals and AA will be called up to that!

Skyblueweeman

You quite like it around these parts, don't you?!

callumeast

I can't seem to find it, but I'm fairly sure when Bigi and Arma were resigned for the season, it was said that this would go up to play off final date if that eventuality happened.

CJ_covblaze

It would appear I am also liked around these parts too!

For the record, Pigott joined Luton today...

Always good to have other viewpoints on here. Do like you lot. Went down to your play off semi against Stevenage last season and the set up was considerably better than what we get in the away end. The bar at the ground was decent and there was a cracking choppy in the town centre. I felt for those around us when you missed that pen in injury time. Was made up when you won. Any news on your new ground? Seemed a done deal a few years ago.

SeasideShrimper

Always good to have other viewpoints on here. Do like you lot. Went down to your play off semi against Stevenage last season and the set up was considerably better than what we get in the away end. The bar at the ground was decent and there was a cracking choppy in the town centre. I felt for those around us when you missed that pen in injury time. Was made up when you won. Any news on your new ground? Seemed a done deal a few years ago.

After that penalty miss I thought we'd go on to lose and face another season in League Two...it was harder for Barry Corr to hit the bar than score, to be honest!

With regards to the ground, absolutely nothing. They aid last year that they expect foundations to be laid and building to start this summer. Thing is, they've been telling us that for the past five years.

We were initially granted permission to move site from Roots Hall to Fossetts Farm in 1990. Yes. 26 years ago.:thinking about:

chiefdave

Can't imagine a player being too impressed if he gets recalled and misses out on playing at Wembley. What would be the benefit to the parent club?

SlowerThanPlatt

Jesus Christ, can you imagine us in a play off. :D

We've lost 2 penalty shoot outs this year in front of 1,500 crowds (Yeovil and Rochdale), never mind 30,000 at the Ricoh or 70-90,000 at Wembley.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Millwall in the playoff final, us to win, and then the next round of London riots sparked from the catalyst of angry Millwall supporters.

CJ_covblaze

After that penalty miss I thought we'd go on to lose and face another season in League Two...it was harder for Barry Corr to hit the bar than score, to be honest!

With regards to the ground, absolutely nothing. They aid last year that they expect foundations to be laid and building to start this summer. Thing is, they've been telling us that for the past five years.

We were initially granted permission to move site from Roots Hall to Fossetts Farm in 1990. Yes. 26 years ago.:thinking about:

Wasn't it Q shaped? Had a squiggle coming from one corner? Thought it looked a bit different to the bog standard new stadium design so many clubs go for. Sounds a bit like the ground England might be playing in when we go to Lithuania next year. Their FA started construction in 1994 and they're about half way through the project!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Jesus Christ, can you imagine us in a play off. :D

We've lost 2 penalty shoot outs this year in front of 1,500 crowds (Yeovil and Rochdale), never mind 30,000 at the Ricoh or 70-90,000 at Wembley.

How many pens has RCC faced this year 12/13? Everyone's been scored hasn't it? Sure he hasn't saved any.

Not having a pop just a random thought.

Otis

He's saving them all up for the play-off final! ;)

And why do you think we brought in Joe Cole and Stephen Hunt?

Not for what they can add to the squad, not because they would be expected to play matches for us, but just to bring on in the 119th minute of the final for cool heads from the penalty spot!

OffenhamSkyBlue

It would appear I am also liked around these parts too!

For the record, Pigott joined Luton today...

When you started going on about Joe Pigott having signed on loan in 2015, I thought I didn't think he had come here. It was only then that I looked at who the sender was! We don't get many strangers round these parts, but you're welcome nonetheless!

SkyBlue_Bear83

If the loan is in writing as end of season, it will include the play offs. If its a specific date then the loan will have to be extended if the play offs don't fall within the specific date.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I seem to recall Burge saving quite a few last season. Maybe a 119th minute sub????

He saved one v Milwall this season, got close to a couple of others. Parried the Southend one but it went past him and in and could have save the Clarke one v Bury but his wrist wasn't strong enough after going the right way

Skyblueweeman

He's saving them all up for the play-off final! ;)

And why do you think we brought in Joe Cole and Stephen Hunt?

Not for what they can add to the squad, not because they would be expected to play matches for us, but just to bring on in the 119th minute of the final for cool heads from the penalty spot!

Anyone else dreaming of a play off final? A nice warm day in May, brilliant turn out from the Sky Blue Army, 5-0 win, Arma hattrick, Joe Cole free kick top corner and Maddison beating all 10 outfield players before dinking it over the oppo keeper a la Ramires vs, Barca and the Sky Blue Army doing a 10 minute, loud as f*&k rendition of twist and shout for the last 10 minutes?

Anyone? No? Just me then....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread