Play-Offs? (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

2/ It’s hypothetical , who knows, but it's entirely possible the -10 points has galvanised the team and created a siege mentality.[/QUOTE] Bang on the Button snoz! the -10 points was the driver and now consistancy and belief has taken hold, for us to be in the mix we need to be in the top 6 by the turn of the year.

BurbageSkyBlues

I would like to see (and believe it possible) for us to be in the top six by the end of the month.

But getting there and staying there are two different matters - we should be aiming for being clear third, chasing the top two, waiting for one of them to slip up with a bad patch. Just like the Kenyan long distance runners, sitting on the shoulder of the leaders, as they go into the last few laps.......who knows?

Mind games.........SP will make sure they do not believe the job is done, just by getting into the top six.....we have to push on

stupot07

I'm sure you'd like to qualify that with 'in this league'. Cannot imagine any Premiership side worrying about playing us - unless they were drawn away because their travel money would exceed their income from that game.

No need to be so pedantic - This is a thread about league one play offs, Astute clearly meant our rival league teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

RegTheDonk

I feel a bit deja vu - years ago we always had a decent start, but lost our way. Coventry City are like fairy lights, they do down after Christmas.

I'll wait until January: if we're still in good shape and don't sell any decent players in the transfer window, I'll start to get excited.

Last edited:

ollyservetta

each game as it comes ,next milestone in my eyes is how quick we can get the points to make us safe ,after all the talk of us going down and loosing ten points,.also be nice to see out the january transfer window ,another hurdle in my eyes.im still very positive and so proud of the players and coaching staff,one step at a time tho

Kingokings204

Yes we can, 1 win off the play offs and only November of course we can make top 6. simple answer really. Will we is another question.

CJ_covblaze

This starting 11 is capable of top 4 if it stays together and stays fit (both will be a big ask).

Sky Blue 64

Agree with the Pressley praise, I also thought after Robins things would go downhill - I eat my words. But who gets the credit for signing him up?

lewys33

The team is definitely capable. Depending on injuries. . I wonder if we get in the play-offs will people stop going on about "we would be *HERE* if we wern't docked 10 points!"

Diehard Si

Of course. Keep the strikers and potent midfield. Beef up the defence and carry on as we are doing.

However I thought the same last season until the Crewe game. Nothing is for granted.

Users who are viewing this thread