Play off Solidarity Payments (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Hadn't heard until now about solidarity payments for play off losers. Is it actually a thing?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Robinshio

we would end up with around 50% of net gate receipts today (After expenses)
so 80000 at say £60 average less expenses would see us clear £2m

speedie87

50% of all the money from the semis and final go into A pot and shared amongst teams in playoffs

rexo87

Looks like some people have taken a tweet from some football finance expert and got confused about the standard solidarity payments. Somehow some coming up with 35 million on twitter

Londonccfcfan

We get 12.5% of all semi final gate reciepts and 25% of net gate reciepts of final.

Hope we agreed that losing finalists get winners gate recipts.

Possibly get about£2-3M extra.

Probably added another £1-2M on Hamers transfer fee though.

Grendel

It’s the strange Swiss Ramble guy

shmmeee

I think he was comparing winning and losing so for losing you get the 7 million (which is the same as every other championship club). Fans have then taken this as meaning an extra 7 million which isn't true

Yeah like so much misinformation on the internet it’s just poor reading comprehension.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah like so much misinformation on the internet it’s just poor reading comprehension.
To be fair the graphic does say "if lose play-off". That's very misleading, as although technically true it doesn't actually matter if you lose, or even get into, the play-offs.

I was thinking "isn't that what everyone gets?" but the wording was making me question myself.

Users who are viewing this thread