Play off final ratings (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Yeah he's played his part in an over achieving team. Hats off to him

All I mean is we can't rely on over achieving every year and getting some luck. If we serious about promotion we need to try make the best squad we can possibly have in the league somehow. No room for sentiment
He's improved season on season. It's not sentiment, and the management team clearly agree given they've handed him a new contract.

its a buzzard

Hard to score

Never seen a team so nervous first half. Doyle, Sheaf, Allen and Fadz all having moments of the type we thought were past them.

Thought Vik was poor, Kelly too, Hamer great until he went off, gonna miss him so so much next year, hardest player to replace. BNC grew into the game and looked dangerous at points. Bidwell was OK. Wilson had the odd moment.
Good summary.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

croatskyblue

Yeah he's played his part in an over achieving team. Hats off to him

All I mean is we can't rely on over achieving every year and getting some luck. If we serious about promotion we need to try make the best squad we can possibly have in the league somehow. No room for sentiment

when you say an “overachieving team”, you are talking about a team that came 5th over the course of a 46 game season.

there’s more to it than just ability

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

One thing I hope is learnt today we must start with two strikers we were much better when Godden came on for the second half.
Just one up front encourages opposition midfield forward.
I’m not criticising any individual player they all put shifts in and we didn’t lose, we drew.
Allen worked his nuts off as he usually does but is light weight and was getting swatted by the big Luton midfield, the half-time change worked.
Disagree.

There's been plenty of games this season we've played two up top and looked poor. Godden looking like a passenger and us just conceding possession because of a massive gap between the strikers and the midfield. The box worked perfectly at Boro.

It should have been a good option yesterday, as it would play to our strengths of playing quick passes through the midfield and let us pick up second balls. But Allen and Hamer were often too deep and Gyok was up against three big CB's on his own. Also our passing was off and we didn't deal with their press very well early on and Allen was just being bullied out of it by their physicality. We started to look more in the game 35mins in when their press dropped off a bit and the 2nd half was a continuation of that.

There are games where 2 up top will be the better tactic and there will be games where the box will be. But it is useful to have the option of switching between the two. Hopefully our recruitment over the summer will allow us to keep that flexibility.

Marty

Allen is not poor, Allen had a poor game. There's a difference.

For me and he's not the only one, is his stature, he's what? 5'7"? Isn't strong enough, isn't aggressive, isn't an aerial threat, isn't particularly fast, someone like Hamer who is also quite small, but very aggressive, if you stop him playing he will always put himself about and make it difficult for the opponents, Allen doesn't do that and he's not good enough on ability to warrant a place on that alone imo.

Fysnkysc

I don’t think anyone played bad, mcfadz should never have been 1v1 with that tall c**t, was always going to lose left right left right on his ass, robins should have spotted and organised them for that before the game, as for sheaf I think he was mom, dabo done ok when he came on I never thought we would concede a goal, but fuck me his pen was awful was saying before we went to pens they would win they’re all experienced players with very high quality delivery, I mean they don’t have over a 90% crossing accuracy across the whole team for nothing, anyway we rebuild with the money from hamer and vik and go again, a lot of there team will be gone next season so I would perhaps tempt them with some money for morris, clearly a goal scorer and a menace.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

For me and he's not the only one, is his stature, he's what? 5'7"? Isn't strong enough, isn't aggressive, isn't an aerial threat, isn't particularly fast, someone like Hamer who is also quite small, but very aggressive, if you stop him playing he will always put himself about and make it difficult for the opponents, Allen doesn't do that and he's not good enough on ability to warrant a place on that alone imo.
Hamer's unique among our midfield in being able to take the game by the scruff of the neck though - it's his main strength really and what singles him out. I mean she, get a Hamer equivalent and I'd agree he should replace Allen, but then he should probably replace plenty of others too.

Travs

Another laughable thread.... if we'd scored a couple more pens it would've been "everybody 10/10" regardless of how anyone played.

Luton are an awful team to play against and stifled us brilliantly... that said we changed it up 2nd half, and our goal was the one real moment of quality in the entire game.

We were lucky to still be in it at half time, and then credit to us we had them on the run until Hamer went off. Once Hamer went off it looked like it was bound for penalties.

Users who are viewing this thread