Play.com closing in March (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Has anybody else read about it? It is a shame as they were usually well priced for games / dvd's and used them a lot. :(

ajsccfc

They're not closing completely as in disappearing, just completely moving over to the shit 'marketplace' that's increasingly crept in to their site so they're basically the eBay nobody will use. Once they stopped showing their own price as default and just listed the cheapest third-party I lost interest. They used to be ace, then their prices went up and delivery speed went down. Once Amazon moved to free delivery I gave up on Play.

speedie87

Pretty much yes

Thy always give the option to pay for quicker delivery but cov seems to be a good place for amazon deliveries they always turn up in a day or 2 anyway

ajsccfc

Amazon now has free delivery as standard (+ quicker for cost as speedie mentions). It used to be that you had to spend a certain amount to get the free delivery, I remember it was as high as £15 at one point. That's when Play was king.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Used to always use Play but now Amazon is king and you can buy practically anything and everything on there! If you use the free standard delivery option it seems to arrive in the guaranteed time period offered by 1st class delivery.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently there are a fair few jobs going too :( Always a shame to read that, especially in Jersey I can't imagine there are that many.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I used to use Play.com quite a but but use Amazon more often than not now.

Not everything is free delivery but you can usually get it on most items (or maybe thats just me looking for free postage items so i don't have to pay p & p ;) )

Equally as good a service as play!

Tad

Wow. I always thought Play.com was doing quite well...

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I used to use Play.com quite a but but use Amazon more often than not now.

Not everything is free delivery but you can usually get it on most items (or maybe thats just me looking for free postage items so i don't have to pay p & p ;) )

Equally as good a service as play!

There is always an option for free delivery if you are actually buying from Amazon, some items on Amazon are sold by 3rd party sellers who can charge postage :p

Users who are viewing this thread