Pitch (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

So does the pitch stop you shooting?
Well Robins thinks it does. He's said that players are wanting to take an extra touch as they are worried about the ball bobbling and them not getting their shot away.

Personally I'd be telling them to shoot anyway and hope for the best but if the manager and players say it is an issue then clearly it is.

We can all see that the players are reluctant to take the early opportunity and shoot.

stupot07

The pitch is shocking and it was clearly impacting on us and the way we want to play football.

Theres little point, highlighting Newport's pitch or the clip of the Forrest game from 20 years ago. They are irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Disgraceful!

With us as landlords and Wasps only the tenant, can't we just kick them out?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Mixing a couple of threads here but does anyone remember playing on 'seasick' at Woodlands? Fucking thing had run-off channels dug into it to stop it waterlogging!

fernandopartridge

The pitch is awful but it's always been awful post Xmas, even before Wasps starting using it. That's just exacerbated the problem and like has been said pitch quality is far less important to them than us. If them playing on it is digging clumps out of it it's going to be hard to get it to regrow in these temperatures, even though it's been mild thus far.

The fact the pitch is slightly sunken might be a reason, creating a cold microclimate at pitch level. Under soil heating might protect the roots but it won't make the grass grow above soil so it probably needs the heat lamps on it. I also don't think the almost constant watering of it helps particularly - it makes the roots shallow and less hardy. Maybe it needs some tough love. I think the irrigation system should be under the soil too, making the roots dig in deeper for water making it stronger.
The pitch was fine for the first couple of years, but agree it's been poor for years

fernandopartridge

Mixing a couple of threads here but does anyone remember playing on 'seasick' at Woodlands? Fucking thing had run-off channels dug into it to stop it waterlogging!
Yeah woodlands always felt boggy, not sure if my memory is wrong but the pitches were at a lower level from the school buildings

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah woodlands always felt boggy, not sure if my memory is wrong but the pitches were at a lower level from the school buildings

Depends on the pitch you played on - if you were on one of the ones by the front gates they were and were really boggy but others like the one in the middle of the athletic tracks or used by Sparkes and Smith Clarke were above the buildings. Mind you, they weren't much better and were still a quagmire over winter.

Users who are viewing this thread