Pitch Status (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
BwfseK8CEAAmudY.jpg:large

Can't see it being much better within a couple of days now? Awful.

Edit: Above is an old pic, sorry! The one underneath is still the latest one:

BwhujezCIAAPIE9.jpg

spider_ricoh

Strike a light, what's happened to it? Did nobody re-seed it after CCFC (Limited, Holdings, whatever) stopped paying the due maintenance costs?

Noggin

looks better than at the weekend doesn't it? another few days shouldn't be too bad.

We are going to have problems this year though the pitch is going to get way to much use and rugby makes a mess (assuming that happens) this is completely sisus fault too though, can't expect anything else.

chiefdave

they'll probably do what they did at the world cup and spray it green. doesn't really matter what it looks like so long as its not bobbling all over the place or retaining water.

Nick

Administrator
No chance that could happen in November, it will be much wetter won't it? Why couldn't it go in the car park?

westofrayne

BwfseK8CEAAmudY.jpg:large

Can't see it being much better within a couple of days now? Awful.

If this is a current photo (??), if so, then we have big problems, I would need a closer inspection to be certain but from this picture alone the center of the pitch will not fully recover by the time winter late autumn hits and as we are coming to the end (especially if the temperature drops) of the peak growing season then I suspect we could end up with a beach scene again in the center of the pitch, not good for passing football.

Having said that, if there is a good grass covering and it's just grass that's been covered for a week, with luck it will recover.

Interestingly looking at the segregation that is in place - Block 13 round to Block 10 - No mans land - this will be a problem as my ticket for the game Friday is in block 11 directly under the "L" - Still struggling to understand why we need so much segregation???????:confused:

Noggin

Somebody said it might be an old pic, so not 100% :)

I think it must be, it looks nothing like the pics from the weekend, on the weekend pics most the pitch looked great but with some thick bands of ruined grass, your photo is almost the opposite, no bad bands (in fact some nice green area where they were), but generally poor pitch.

westofrayne

I think it is an old photo, sorry!!

This is the latest one then:

BwhujezCIAAPIE9.jpg
This makes more sense, if this is the case, this is recoverable, BUT if there is another gaming event in November on the pitch this is going to cause bigger problems.

westofrayne

This makes more sense, if this is the case, this is recoverable, BUT if there is another gaming event in November on the pitch this is going to cause bigger problems.

Why is there no segregation !!!!!! If the JW can be trusted why not football fans

mds

That just looks like dirty grass, where it has been damp n trampled a little (well, a lot), will probably look good Friday!

Gint11

FFS Nick must have said 3 times the first picture he posted on this thread was an old picture and people still commenting like it's the latest. READ THE FUCKING TEXT

Nick

Administrator
FFS Nick must have said 3 times the first picture he posted on this thread was an old picture and people still commenting like it's the latest. READ THE FUCKING TEXT

I edited the first post once I found it was 100% an old one ;) They might have posted before my edit!

Noggin

Or they are now commenting on the newer pic and your angry mardy is completely misplaced.

lapsed_skyblue

My understanding is that CCFC are only paying for the parts of the ground they are actually using and this extends to the pitch. Provided SP can be convinced to play the long ball game they can get away with not paying anything for the middle third of the pitch. Whole areas of the pitch could be nominated as no go areas for CCFC players in order to reduce costs. Maybe they can factor in any sub standard areas of the pitch in these calculations.

The final cost will be decided by using Optima statistics. So, players may be encouraged to conserve their energies and not run around.

skyblusam

My understanding is that CCFC are only paying for the parts of the ground they are actually using and this extends to the pitch. Provided SP can be convinced to play the long ball game they can get away with not paying anything for the middle third of the pitch. Whole areas of the pitch could be nominated as no go areas for CCFC players in order to reduce costs. Maybe they can factor in any sub standard areas of the pitch in these calculations.

The final cost will be decided by using Optima statistics. So, players may be encouraged to conserve their energies and not run around.
Good post but dont you mean statsports statistics

duffer

With regard to this I'd heard we're bringing Aidy Boothroyd back - it's going to save us a fortune. :)

Noggin

thats a few days older than the more recent ones which is actually a very positive sign, the improvement over a short period was very significant, so hopefully it will be ok on friday

Users who are viewing this thread