Pitch protests (1 Viewer)

CarpyCov84

What a statement this would make if we stormed the pitch at all our games and sat down I think this would cause uproar & be all over the relevant news Chanels.This surely would make people sit up and take note of what's going on...

Last edited:

Paddy9239

It's also likely to land you with personal fines and potential banning orders. Don't wanna turn this sympathy we are receiving lately into animosity.

andyboy81

To be fair, the national media coverage has been nothing short of shocking so far so I have come to the conclusion that the BBC and Sky dont really give a fuck

skybluesam66

To be fair, the national media coverage has been nothing short of shocking so far so I have come to the conclusion that the BBC and Sky dont really give a fuck

porky parry tried to bring it up on talk sport this morning - but Lard head brazil just brushed it aside

CarpyCov84

Enough of us on the pitch the game will be abandoned 100% we all know what this would cause live pictures etc would be all over sky sports

Paddy9239

Coventry football games home and away? Yeah the coverage isn't great, I just don't think repeatedly interrupting our games will get anyone else on side?

mrbluesky87

Disgraceful reflection on our Club & Team, as well as being illegal!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: What Club???? We dont have one at present. As i have said previously who is going to stop even at the least 500 to 1k people doing it???? Are they all going to get arrested???? Its a disgracefull reflection on those who just want to turn a blind eye.

GusG

If we did it at Northampton it would work, everyone agree on a minute at a certain game. would be a big statement

ccfcmustang

No No it wont. Playing the victim supporters and wanting sympathy will not get us our club back. Desperate times call for desperate measures and this is the only way we can actually hamper the football club enough to make a difference. mandela didnt protest in egypt about inequality in South africa did he? we have to take this fight to SISU and take this fight to Northampton. Show these people that yes they can take us out of the city but we will ensure our return. As the great Jimmy Hill once said; you can beat a club, buyt you cant beat a city and a club

dadgad

No. We will loose all sympathy

Disagree. You can protest within the spirit of the law, you can protest in a way that is commensurate with the injustice being done, you can even brea the law (invading pitch, for example) but in a way that does no harm to anyone.

All of this is to highlight the lack of moral leadership by our institutions. It is they who should suffer in the glare of the consequential publicity.

andyboy81

I'm not talking about the pitch invasion I am more talking about the Football League show on Saturday.... 1st time on TV since it all kicked off and a perfect opportunity for the BBC to let people know about protests e.t.c and what did they give us?? Probably 20 seconds of conversation which ended in "we'll lets hope they sort it out".

We should have had a feature before any of the league one games e.t.c... we are a FA Cup winning side who spent 34 years playing in the Top Flight of English football!!

Wankers

Wm65

The league would probably ban fans from away games and hit the club with whatever penalty they see fit - the last thing people should do is antagonise the league more - other clubs would turn against coventry fans and it would make the situation worse.

Either back the club at sixfields or start with a new team from scratch at the ricoh, similar to as Newport did .

Wm65

As far as global coverage for a pitch invasion - i daresay it would barely even get a mention on central news .

RFC

A blind eye to what? Other parties badly at fault here, NOT JUST THE OWNERS! PUSB!

ccfcmustang

As far as global coverage for a pitch invasion - i daresay it would barely even get a mention on central news .

Believe me CCFC would go global. Having to abandon a game because a few thousand fans protesting about their owners, would be big news. 15 fanbs have got national coverage for jumping the barriers on saturday, times that by a few thousand?

SIR ERNIE

Believe me CCFC would go global. Having to abandon a game because a few thousand fans protesting about their owners, would be big news. 15 fanbs have got national coverage for jumping the barriers on saturday, times that by a few thousand?

yeah, you'd have pictures of fans in cov shirts fighting with stewards and coppers frog marching snarling fans off the pitch.

do me a favour.

covmark

The majority of people in Coventry dont even give a fuck, what makes you think anyone else does. If this happened to say, Shrewsbury, would I be bothered? No not really.

mrbluesky87

A blind eye to what? Other parties badly at fault here, NOT JUST THE OWNERS! PUSB!

RFC, its got to a point that majority of fans know that ACL had a hand in our demise however ACL are not the ones making Coventry play at Northampton. Regardless of what nonsense you believe that SISU are the least to blame, 99% of fans would disagree im afraid. If you are not pre-pared to stand up and be counted then in my opinion you are turning a blind eye. I will be at the charity game on Sunday and I will also buy a wristband. Further more is someone were to arrange a sit down protest on the pitch for 1 game then screw me I'm in. What are you doing?

Southerner79

I was at the game Saturday and have to say, the wide coverage in the press to what seemed a minor incident at the time has really surprised. I guess logically it was another angle on the story and helped keep it alive. The vocal support was otherwise outstanding but wouldn't have even been mentioned.

To say that an organised action, with the full support of the majority wouldn't trigger attention is simply wrong. Whether it goes global depends on how creative it is.

Users who are viewing this thread