Pitch Last Saturday (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Not sure if anyone has mentioned as i haven't been on the site for a bit, but it did not seem that the under ground heating was turned on last weekend as the ball was like a hot potato - Same for both sides but Coventry passing game did not suit the conditions and Burtons long ball game seems it did

Speedies_Chips

Undersoil heating only stops the pitch from freezing during low temperatures, it does not prevent the wear and tear caused by rugby, football and heavy rain.

Sick Boy

This simply can't be true! We were assured by the franchise and their allies that the pitch would be in excellent condition.

covboy1987

Undersoil heating only stops the pitch from freezing during low temperatures, it does not prevent the wear and tear caused by rugby, football and heavy rain.

i thought the pitch looks very hard and the ball was all over the place - watched the villa match after our game and although rugby is not played on that pitch obviously the under-soil heating was on and the ball ran true

Brylowes

Whenever a new pitch is put down I think it's always a bit of a gamble. Don't think anyone really knows how well it will bed in. We have had an awful lot of rain so far. But yeah playing Rugby & Football on it is never going to be ideal.

covboy1987

Bristol city v wba on by sport now. Their pitch looks good and they have both sports on it

The pitch at the ricoh looks fine in general except i feel the under-soil heating was not turned on last weekend and seem to be rock hard with are normally sharp players struggling to judge the bounce of the ball =- i am surprised mowbray never mentioned this

Brylowes

Bristol city v wba on by sport now. Their pitch looks good and they have both sports on it
Agreed but alot of things come into play-Our pitch was in such a poor state after last season that not replacing it wasn't an option. It's done nothing but rain since which hasn't helped & then to quickly play rugby & football on it well the odds were always stacked against it standing up well. IMHO

wingy

Anyone watching the two games tonight.
Liverpools pitch is as bad as the Ricoh.
Leicestershire is Lush,is that our old friend John Ledwidge's work?

shmmeee

Pitch was shocking for both Walsall and Burton games, but it affected Walsall more. God knows why, I'm no gardener, but from the sounds of it they should be checking their old groundskeepers notebooks for tips.

Hobo

Pitch was shocking for both Walsall and Burton games, but it affected Walsall more. God knows why, I'm no gardener, but from the sounds of it they should be checking their old groundskeepers notebooks for tips.

They have but Adams Park was shit too

Users who are viewing this thread