Pitch invasions (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

The majority of people on the pitch are celebrating or it’s the final game of the season

It’s killjoy nonsense to start imposing bans and fines on the majority who are celebrating - just punish the minority

Which relies on waiting for a player to get attacked before something happens. By all means argue for nothing to change but accept the possible consequences

Grendel

Which relies on waiting for a player to get attacked before something happens. By all means argue for nothing to change but accept the possible consequences

Well what can you change? Taser people when they go on the pitch? You’d have loved the 80’s - I mean seriously, just arrest those who commit the acts of violence and ban them

long way home

Its truly like watching a reinactment of sheep jumping over a fence while the farmer with arms out wide is not sure which one to grab, stop or shout at. Until the inevitable ending comes with him standing head in hands, knowing nothing he does will stem the flow of sheep following the arse in front.

Im not sure what can be done or what power the FA, EFL have but if ignored an already bad situation could get a whole lot worse with serious consequences for someone.

Last edited:

Cov kid 55

In terms of how to stop it, presumably making clubs play behind closed doors, and imposing significant points deductions for transgressors, may have an impact?

Grendel

In terms of how to stop it, presumably making clubs play behind closed doors, and imposing significant points deductions for transgressors, may have an impact?

Ridiculous

letsallsingtogether

3 police officers have been repremanded for invading the pitch while off duty at Bournmouth.

Finham

Oh, not to mention the people at our games who lift their kids on to run on and then run off and then swear at any steward who goes near them.
The one who went on to get Walker's kit (as caught on film) was hilarious though, tbf. Mainly due to the artful dodging and slow unfit stewards.

Finham

The truth is going to games now is like a tea party compared to the past - you just prosecute the people who cause physical harm or offensive language - 99% of them oddly are behaving like football fans
I dunno man, players/staff getting attacked (and lashing out back...). I'd say it's about the same now regarding pitch invasions. Certainly they need to get rid of ideas of drinking in the stands.

SheafIsGod

I'm convinced the vast majority of people on this thread have only started watching football in the last 6 weeks. Pitch invasions have been around for as long as the sport has been around. Like others have said, we used to go on the pitch at the end of every season and have been known to do it after big goals in recent years (MK Dons in the cup, Chesterfield away, Walsall in the cup etc). As long as no one is getting attacked I don't see why it's such a big deal.

ccfc1234

I'm convinced the vast majority of people on this thread have only started watching football in the last 6 weeks. Pitch invasions have been around for as long as the sport has been around. Like others have said, we used to go on the pitch at the end of every season and have been known to do it after big goals in recent years (MK Dons in the cup, Chesterfield away, Walsall in the cup etc). As long as no one is getting attacked I don't see why it's such a big deal.
Think the issue is people are getting attacked!

mmttww

Don't get it. Just stay off the f*cking pitch unless you're invited, or some kind of Ken Dulieu-inspired emergency substitute. If your mates are trying to get on, remind them they're not a f*cking player.

Users who are viewing this thread