Piss Up In a Brewery!!! (1 Viewer)

pauljdh

Holy shit, After buying a club, running it into the ground these muppets couldn't even put it out of its misery and enter administration properly and honourably...now they've been shown how to do that they are still trying to speak with ACL - their incompetence is fucking incredible......

Utterly unbelievable.

ACL are a shower too.

As the the Administrator - he's pissed off on holiday allegedly!!!

Jesus Christ!

wingy

Holy shit, After buying a club, running it into the ground these muppets couldn't even put it out of its misery and enter administration properly and honourably...now they've been shown how to do that they are still trying to speak with ACL - their incompetence is fucking incredible......

Utterly unbelievable.

ACL are a shower too.

As the the Administrator - he's pissed off on holiday allegedly!!!

Jesus Christ!

Get it off your chest sunshine .................Great post!!!!!:pimp::)

Tonylinc

Why are ACL a shower? They entered into a legally binding agreement with CCFC and that company failed in its obligations. Nobody forced the agreement upon them. Sisu, when purchasing the club, made no attempt to re-negatiate and only recently took exceptionto the terms of that agreement.

Grendel

Why are ACL a shower? They entered into a legally binding agreement with CCFC and that company failed in its obligations. Nobody forced the agreement upon them. Sisu, when purchasing the club, made no attempt to re-negatiate and only recently took exceptionto the terms of that agreement.

Why do football supporters care about a management company. Coundon sky blue highlights the case of Swansea and he explains the way their council has and continued to mend over backwards to support their club.

He had exposed the shameful way this council treats our club.

Strangely the swans fans forum effectively is 100% behind the club whatever the stance. The opposing councillors want a rent increase the message is we will run you out of town is they do.

Why are you in the slightly bit interested in ACL!

Delboycov

Why do football supporters care about a management company. Coundon sky blue highlights the case of Swansea and he explains the way their council has and continued to mend over backwards to support their club.

Strangely the swans fans forum effectively is 100% behind the club whatever the stance. The opposing councillors want a rent increase the message is we will run you out of town is they do.

If only you were so passionate when it comes to criticising SISU...the real villain of the piece here as almost all can finally see now Grendel. You don't seem so fussed about their part in destroying our club though.

CJparker

Because the two sets of circumstances are entirely different. You will ignore/deny this, but it is clear that it is SISU trying to screw ACL, not the other way around. End of thread.

Delboycov

Because the two sets of circumstances are entirely different. You will ignore/deny this, but it is clear that it is SISU trying to screw ACL, not the other way around. End of thread.

Exactly. For all ACL's faults and I acknowledge they haven't come out of this with any glory they did at least offer a settlement that was seemingly acceptable given that it was clearly agreed by TF. SISU have been intransigent in the extreme and as became clear had very little intention of actually paying any rent as this wouldn't help in achieving their objective of distressing ACL, putting them out of business and getting the stadium on the cheap. I guess some people have to persist with this facade of blaming all the club's ills on the council and ACL as that is a lot more face saving than to admit you were wrong all along.

Last edited:

Grendel

When Swansea council built a ground and effectively gave them a free ride how is that different from our original situation? Please explain.

CCFC_GT

The council (50% ACL) has absolutely nothing to answer for. Everything it has done has been with the best interests of CCFC at heart.

Not.

Last edited:

georgehudson

? upon acquiring CCFC, by whatever means, what level of due diligence was done by our owners ?
surely if they had been astute they would have highlighted any rent/control issues ?
thus, have they proved to be fit & proper owners ?
still i'm sure the F.A. will deliberate,
PUSB,
& don't penalise the fans or players for this debacle

Delboycov

Including charging an unreasonable rent for years.

An "unreasonable" rent that they seemingly were happy to pay as there wasn't a murmur of discontent from them until their mismanagement got us relegated and a rent which was eventually renegotiated to a seemingly acceptable level given that the club agreed to it only to subsequently renege on the deal?

CCFC_GT

An "unreasonable" rent that they seemingly were happy to pay as there wasn't a murmur of discontent from them until their mismanagement got us relegated and a rent which was eventually renegotiated to a seemingly acceptable level given that the club agreed to it only to subsequently renege on the deal?

Oh right :facepalm: that makes it all ok then ...

georgehudson

it doesnn't make it ok on any level,
it merely highlights the bizarre level of logic that has perpetually been applied by 'you know who'

Delboycov

Keep hearing about this "blind" hatred of SISU...It isn't 'blind' as we have been able to see exactly what they have done and how this has plummeted our club to the lowest ebb in several generations. I would suggest that those that persist in blaming ACL for the present state of the club, given that even if we had paid no rent and had received all monies from every available revenue stream we would still be millions in debt, are the 'blind' ones.

Last edited:

Delboycov

Oh right :facepalm: that makes it all ok then ...

It definitely doesn't make it alright. It highlights the incredible incompetence of owners who have treated my club with total and utter contempt and who will not give a shit if my club is driven to oblivion as long as they get their pound of flesh.

Last edited:

CCFC_GT

Keep hearing about this "blind" hatred of SISU...It isn't 'blind' as we have been able to see exactly what they have done and how this has plummeted our club to the lowest ebb in several generations. I would suggest that those that persist in blaming ACL for the present state of the club given that even if we had paid no rent and had received all monies from every available revenue stream we would still be millions in debt are the 'blind' ones.

Not from me you don't because I don't have any time for SISU either.

However we seem to get the same old rants about SISU from the same posters any time anyone raises the slightest criticism of ACL (and that is usually criticism aimed at the Council influence within ACL)

Just because I and others criticise the council via ACL does not mean we are automatically pro SISU in any way.

CCFC_GT

It definitely doesn't make it alright. It highlights the incredible incompetence of owners who have treated my club with total and utter contempt and who will not give a shit if my club is driven to oblivion as long as they get their pound of flesh.

You are right it does highlight SISU incompetence, but it also highlights how the council are happy to screw CCFC, legally yes but screwing just the same, and you and others seem to almost take pleasure in that.

georgehudson

the crux, surely therefore is to have the club properly administered by CCFC fans,
i'm not a band waggon jumper,
let's be streetwise ffs,
PUSB

Delboycov

You are right it does highlight SISU incompetence, but it also highlights how the council are happy to screw CCFC, legally yes but screwing just the same, and you and others seem to almost take pleasure in that.

Take pleasure in it? You're assuming a lot there and as it happens wrongly. I have consistently criticised ACL and have said several times, including on this thread that they haven't covered themselves in glory over this situation. The only posts I've seen of yours have been criticising all other parties involved apart from SISU. I can see though that they have at least moved from their position and negotiated a settlement that was seemingly agreeable to all parties. Maybe you can't see that though...doesn't sound like you can unless I'm assuming wrongly as you did?

My post was directed at those who can only see it from SISU's perspective and although they are happy to criticise ACL and the City Council, fail to acknowledge the very large part that our owners have played in our embarrassing downfall and the rent/admin/ownership issues in particular. I personally believe that is because to admit that would be to admit that they have been wrong about this situation for a very long time. I will be happy to admit I'm wrong if SISU surprise us all and become the worthy custodians of our club that we all hoped they would be when they took us over. That's just the way I roll though.....

*Just looked at your previous posts to check whether my mind was playing tricks and can confirm that the majority have the theme..."I'm not defending SISU.......but" You also seem to have an unhealthy hatred of Coventry City Council!! There are 2 sides to this situation and you've been as guilty as anyone...probably including me...of nailing your colours to one mast and dismissing the other argument out of hand*

Last edited:
It appears to me from afar, that everyone has taken sides in this. There are apologists to SISu or ACL & everyone else. I don't comment on this usually because of the distance & the lack of clear information but it seems to me that this has become the 'Sky Blue Civil War'. Everyone is striking out against anyone who disagrees with their opinion with the ludicrous claim 'that so & so is works for so & so' & blaming anyone but themselves. I'll probably be shouted down with my opinion & be subject to personal abuse from the minority but what I want is easy:
1. Coventry City F.C. based in Coventry with support from ownership, fans & the City council all pulling together to support the club;
2. Good ownership - open with some cash to spend on the team;
3. To play at the Ricoh & pay a rent that is reasonable & not a crippling burden on the football club. Ultimately the club obtaining some percentage of the ownership of the stadium due to being the major tenant with a long term lease, up to a maximum of 50%(to keep taxpayers happy). No money in with an empty stadium;
4. A competitive team with a reasonable chance of promotion every year, which plays an attractive brand of football;
5. To hace CCFC give the city of Coventry pride in the club & themselves. To finally explore the potential of a club in the 10th or so biggest city in England.

Delboycov

Agree with all that and I think you've pretty much summed up what every fan wants. You're right about the divisions too and it's ironic (or maybe it isn't with the differing definitions of the word 'ironic'!) that at the very time we need to be united as a fanbase...probably more than at anytime in our history...we do seem to have had to take a 'side' and are more divided than we have ever been. For the record I think there are several areas of culpability including Richardson,Robinson,the Council,ACL,KD,TF and even probably bloody Maggie Thatcher. However I can only apportion the ultimate responsibility and blame to the present custodians of our once proud club because as the current owners the buck for our pitiful, lowly position stops at them. For me that is plain to see and it's because I love the club and am so passionate about us halting the seemingly unstoppable slide to oblivion I can't stay silent about it.

martcov

The unreasonable rent was an agreed rent. The world was different before the "crash", it sounded like a good idea at the time and was for a brand new 110,000,000 stadium.

Both parties signed the agreement. The agreement should have been challenged by SISU at the latest in 2008 - when the financial world imploded - or at the point of takeover when SISU was in the driving seat.

The council has to answer to the electorate and not just the fans. Now after years of arguing amongst themselves, the concil and SISU are in deadlock. No-one wants to lose face or seem to have sold out their interests.

Only way forward is with new parties who would allow the existing ones a way out. Both SISU and the council ( inc. ACL ) would jump at the chance (imo) to get out in a civilised way.

psgm1

Banned
As always the sisu apologists keep claiming the rent is the problem with the club - IT IS NOT! Considering the debt is £60 million, and even if yo ignore that sisu said when they took over there was no debt yet there was (simply hidden) £30 million, that means a bear minimum of £30 million debt was run up! that works out £6m/yr. With rent of £1.2 m year that still leaves a loss of just under £4.8 million that has NOTHING to do with the stadium in anyway shape or form!

Are these apologists seriously trying to claim that the foor & drink will cover this loss? Sisu by their own admission made losses on the sale of players - which is utterly indefensible.

So please explain to me WHAT ACL have actually done wrong? ACL aren't the ones who instigated these proceddings - SISU did by not paying rent! It seems the only thing ACL have done is allow the team to play rent free for a year!

psgm1

Banned
As always the sisu apologists keep claiming the rent is the problem with the club - IT IS NOT! Considering the debt is £60 million, and even if yo ignore that sisu said when they took over there was no debt yet there was (simply hidden) £30 million, that means a bear minimum of £30 million debt was run up! that works out £6m/yr. With rent of £1.2 m year that still leaves a loss of just under £4.8 million that has NOTHING to do with the stadium in anyway shape or form!

Are these apologists seriously trying to claim that the foor & drink will cover this loss? Sisu by their own admission made losses on the sale of players - which is utterly indefensible.

So please explain to me WHAT ACL have actually done wrong? ACL aren't the ones who instigated these proceedings - SISU did by not paying rent! It seems the only thing ACL have done is allow the team to play rent free for a year!

CCFC_GT

Take pleasure in it? You're assuming a lot there and as it happens wrongly. I have consistently criticised ACL and have said several times, including on this thread that they haven't covered themselves in glory over this situation. The only posts I've seen of yours have been criticising all other parties involved apart from SISU. I can see though that they have at least moved from their position and negotiated a settlement that was seemingly agreeable to all parties. Maybe you can't see that though...doesn't sound like you can unless I'm assuming wrongly as you did?

My post was directed at those who can only see it from SISU's perspective and although they are happy to criticise ACL and the City Council, fail to acknowledge the very large part that our owners have played in our embarrassing downfall and the rent/admin/ownership issues in particular. I personally believe that is because to admit that would be to admit that they have been wrong about this situation for a very long time. I will be happy to admit I'm wrong if SISU surprise us all and become the worthy custodians of our club that we all hoped they would be when they took us over. That's just the way I roll though.....

*Just looked at your previous posts to check whether my mind was playing tricks and can confirm that the majority have the theme..."I'm not defending SISU.......but" You also seem to have an unhealthy hatred of Coventry City Council!! There are 2 sides to this situation and you've been as guilty as anyone...probably including me...of nailing your colours to one mast and dismissing the other argument out of hand*

Yes on reflection I absolutely accept I was wrong in suggesting you take any pleasure in it, and I acknowledge you are not one sided in all this. I apologise.

If you take a good look at my posts you will see that I have also been very critical of SISU, but you are right to suggest that I do tend to focus more on the Council position. This is not out of hatred for the Council, or because I do not see that SISU has totally screwed us up, but simply because I am looking to what the future will hopefully hold beyond SISU, and in this I have Sky Blue blinkers on. I bang on about the Council because I am concerned about getting the best possible future for CCFC and I see the Council as a potential obstacle in this. Yes, I often say "I'm not defending SISU.......but" and this is just to try and prevent my message getting buried under a huge pile of blinkered anti-SISU diatribe from the usual suspects. It would be nice just for once to have a debate that was about the Councils attitude and intentions going forward, without any mention of the S... word.

Nonleagueherewecome

"It would be nice just for once to have a debate that was about the Councils attitude and intentions going forward, without any mention of the S... word."

Hopefully in a couple of months at the most we can do just that. At the moment anti-SISU people are like the Yanks and Brits in WWII and ACL are the Russians. We need them to win this war; then we can fight them if we must. Kevin Maton and his views being the first target.

Delboycov

Yes on reflection I absolutely accept I was wrong in suggesting you take any pleasure in it, and I acknowledge you are not one sided in all this. I apologise.

If you take a good look at my posts you will see that I have also been very critical of SISU, but you are right to suggest that I do tend to focus more on the Council position. This is not out of hatred for the Council, or because I do not see that SISU has totally screwed us up, but simply because I am looking to what the future will hopefully hold beyond SISU, and in this I have Sky Blue blinkers on. I bang on about the Council because I am concerned about getting the best possible future for CCFC and I see the Council as a potential obstacle in this. Yes, I often say "I'm not defending SISU.......but" and this is just to try and prevent my message getting buried under a huge pile of blinkered anti-SISU diatribe from the usual suspects. It would be nice just for once to have a debate that was about the Councils attitude and intentions going forward, without any mention of the S... word.

Fair play to you and thanks. I can't disagree with any of what you say and if S*** hadn't made such a pigs ear of so much over their tenure that's exactly what we'd be having....

skybluehugh

That's because they are owned by a true football fan who has ran the the club in the clubs best interest, not his own personal bank account and hasn't spend 5+ years bullshitimg everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread