Pictures from the Hill today. (3 Viewers)

The only singing I could hear in the ground was a guy, his wife and a specky kid to the top right of the stand. The guy / wife had obviously "had a few" and just kept shout skyblue army at the top of his voice.

I think the reason that I couldnt hear you (obivously the players and sky did) is without a roof / shelter etc it doesnt carry that far.

torchomatic

My thoughts FWIW

1. More on the hill than I thought there would be so makes a good impression.
2. Valiant is still being an idiot with his "nobody from Coventry would attend Sixfields" and "your kind" crap. Then again, he is a racist, so shouldn't expect anything less.
3. Please don't call it Jimmy's Hill. It's embarrassing. Even worse than Singers Corner.

letsallsingtogether

Give me singers corner any day Will fully back the boys then.......

My thoughts FWIW

2. Valiant is still being an idiot with his "nobody from Coventry would attend Sixfields" and "your kind" crap. Then again, he is a racist, so shouldn't expect anything less.
3. Please don't call it Jimmy's Hill. It's embarrassing. Even worse than Singers Corner.

letsallsingtogether

Yes of course you could that is the kind of response i would expect from a Cobblers fan.

You don't need to come on here just because your feeling guilty, I just hope your club doesn't go the same way as ours when your chairman decides to sell out!!!

Well our chairman was right, it's boosting local economy as those on the hill are buying food and beer, thanks guys.

I was walking my dog around Sixfields Lake (behind the ground) during your game yesterday and I could hear the crowd from the ground but not the hill - plus the only way it is going to have any sort of impact is if you get thousands there. You've had no more than we do for 'big' games yet. Cardiff brough more to stand on the hill in 1997. They kicked off though, at least you're well behaved.

It's lunacy though as you tie some blue ribbons around the area that means f*ck all to anyone but Coventry fans. Mad.

Time to put up and shut up if I were you guys, nothing is going to change in the forseeable future - grin and bear it until they go back to Cov in a few years, you've got a very good team - support them not the owners.

letsallsingtogether

We tried that for the last few seasons had our banners ripped of us had supporters thrown out of the ground for blowing up balloons got us a home ground in Northampton.

Why would sisu care they have never showed anyone respect don't be fooled with Fishers walkabouts it's called Damage limitation.....

My observation from those photo's show about 60 people standing around, hands in pockets all watching the game! Didn't look much like protesting to me. Still each to their own, you do what you feel is right. I think more attention would be gained if you were inside the ground shouting from the rafters and waving your protest placards and flags. That would draw far more attention to the cause. Why punish yourself if you made the effort to go over there? Go watch the game and get real protest noticed.

rondog1973

My observation from those photo's show about 60 people standing around, hands in pockets all watching the game! Didn't look much like protesting to me. Still each to their own, you do what you feel is right. I think more attention would be gained if you were inside the ground shouting from the rafters and waving your protest placards and flags. That would draw far more attention to the cause. Why punish yourself if you made the effort to go over there? Go watch the game and get real protest noticed.
Your naivety astonishes me. Protest placards and flags? Don't you remember what happened to them at the Ricoh? Sisu would simply rejoice at the increased revenue a packed to the rafters stadium would bring, end of.

Cobblers36

Yes of course you could that is the kind of response i would expect from a Cobblers fan.

You don't need to come on here just because your feeling guilty, I just hope your club doesn't go the same way as ours when your chairman decides to sell out!!!

Erm I don't feel guilty? Why would I, not me making the decisions. Jeez.

Cobblers36

Your naivety astonishes me. Protest placards and flags? Don't you remember what happened to them at the Ricoh? Sisu would simply rejoice at the increased revenue a packed to the rafters stadium would bring, end of.

I think he has a fair point. You're better off going into the ground and disrupting the games somehow, stage a sit down protest in the centre circle, something drastic. Don't cause damage to anything as that will just get you in trouble. Enough of you go and sit on the pitch during the televised game then the world will start to take notice, plus with hundreds of you on there they aren't going to arrest everyone.

Monners

Cobblers 36. I backed you up last week when you were getting grief on here. It strikes me that you are some kind of political agitator though! Disrupt the game indeed - just so you can come on here and have a go at us for being hoolies!

Anyway the Sixfields reservoir is about 1/4 mile away on the far side from the hill. It's actually called the Duston flood storage reservoir if its the one next to Stortons Pits that you are referring to me duck (as the local yocals say)

Last edited:

valiant15

My thoughts FWIW

Any more slanderous comments off you and ill direct my brother in law(who's a copper) to this website and specifically you. You've been warned.

Cobblers36

Cobblers 36. I backed you up last week when you were getting grief on here. It strikes me that you are some kind of political agitator though! Disrupt the game indeed - just so you can come on here and have a go at us for being hoolies!

Anyway the Sixfields reservoir is about 1/4 mile away on the far side from the hill. It's actually called the Duston flood storage reservoir if its the one next to Stortons Pits that you are referring to me duck (as the local yocals say)

M'duck. btw.

I'm not a political agitator, I'm just a bellend.

Honestly I think non violent ways of stopping games and causing havoc is your best bet, I mean that. Nothing else you're doing is having a big enough influence. You might damage the club in the short term in terms of points deductions but in the long term SISU would definitely have to do something.

It was Sixfields resevoir I think, I live in Duston but I'll be honest I kind of call things by what makes sense to me :) It's the one with a car park in it down by the away car parking section - they're building a new bridge there at the moment and I must say it's a bit chaotic.

Anyway totally off track.

Just remember I mean no malace and I'm generally a bit of a bellend.

rondog1973

I think he has a fair point. You're better off going into the ground and disrupting the games somehow, stage a sit down protest in the centre circle, something drastic. Don't cause damage to anything as that will just get you in trouble. Enough of you go and sit on the pitch during the televised game then the world will start to take notice, plus with hundreds of you on there they aren't going to arrest everyone.
Has been tried, can't get enough people to participate in a pitch invading protest/sit down. Would be unfair on the young team who are playing so well at the minute anyways. Best tactic would be to get more fans outside the ground, specifically for the televised Sheff Utd game, than there are inside.

Moff

Any more slanderous comments off you and ill direct my brother in law(who's a copper) to this website and specifically you. You've been warned.

Hmmmm I dont think he would do much, as he would be trying to cyber catch a fugitive with a fictitional name. Also Warwickshire or West Midlands now where does the crime take place?

So may questions, perhaps you should call Scooby Doo instead.

Monners

No worries Cobblers - just messing a bit. We do need some more coordination, as mentioned on a few posts, with the Sheff Utd sky game being the obvious. I thought it was at least encouraging yesterday with the broad mix on the hill. Not sure about the put up or shut statement you made - If it were a fund raising exercise as per yourselves a few years back and the Poppies now then fine. Unfortunately our current plight is way too complex for a simple fix, and we are being let down by the authorities. We are only a few games in and these things take time.

Sorry - it is m'duck - should know better having lived here for 28 years!

torchomatic

You seem confident. All your comments on 606 must have been deleted then. Phew for you.

torchomatic

Also some of the things he's said in the past on here AND 606 have been outright racist. I'm not the only one to have seen them so he can't deny them.

Hmmmm I dont think he would do much, as he would be trying to cyber catch a fugitive with a fictitional name. Also Warwickshire or West Midlands now where does the crime take place?

So may questions, perhaps you should call Scooby Doo instead.

torchomatic

Are you calling me a sad twat. If you say that again I will get my brother who is the Secretary General of the UN Security Council to track you down with the help of the SAS, the Secret Service and International Rescue. Prick.

Such as? Oh the infamous all Leicester fans are taxi drivers quote? Get a life you sad twat.

valiant15

Are you calling me a sad twat. If you say that again I will get my brother who is the Secretary General of the UN Security Council to track you down with the help of the SAS, the Secret Service and International Rescue. Prick.
No evidence then. Fuck off and leave me alone.

torchomatic

OK, have it your way. You're a nice guy. Mr Tolerant. Co-writing partner of Paul McCartney. If I've taken your previous comments "out of context" then, of course, I apologise with all my black heart.

No evidence then. Fuck off and leave me alone.

coventry&stuff

Has been tried, can't get enough people to participate in a pitch invading protest/sit down. Would be unfair on the young team who are playing so well at the minute anyways. Best tactic would be to get more fans outside the ground, specifically for the televised Sheff Utd game, than there are inside.

What good would a pitch invasion do? The few fucktards that tried it vs Crawley lost us a ton of sympathy. Get on that mound in numbers vs Sheff Utd and make some noise. Want drastic? I liked the idea of getting a plan flying over the ground with a 7ft SISU OUT banner for £700 (you pay it). As you pointed out, the lads are playing some absolute silk and would be unfair if it involved them in anyway.

covboy1987

Numbers have been growing on the hill since Bristol, yet seem to be getting less vocal. Couldn't anything from you guys.

That's strange a Sky reporter says different when reporting on match
"you may be able to see a lot of protestors on the hill in the background, protesting that matches are being played here in Northampton". "They have been making a RACKET throughout the game!!!".

rondog1973

What good would a pitch invasion do? The few fucktards that tried it vs Crawley lost us a ton of sympathy. Get on that mound in numbers vs Sheff Utd and make some noise. Want drastic? I liked the idea of getting a plan flying over the ground with a 7ft SISU OUT banner for £700 (you pay it). As you pointed out, the lads are playing some absolute silk and would be unfair if it involved them in anyway.
Lost us a ton of sympathy? What the fuck are you talking about? It gave us national media exposure which highlighted the discontent of our fans,didn't see any publication condemning it. The only people who did slag it off were a few reactionary Saps on the forums.

coventry&stuff

Lost us a ton of sympathy? What the fuck are you talking about? It gave us national media exposure which highlighted the discontent of our fans,didn't see any publication condemning it. The only people who did slag it off were a few reactionary Saps on the forums.

We already had national media exposure going into that game. Our situation was pretty well publicised. The Football League Show panel didn't speak highly of the idiots who ran on the pitch, nor did people I know and other fans on forums, especially Crawley's.

My point being, the situation is far from fucking ideal. But the team is doing so well right now that the last thing we need is them distracted by shit going on in the ground, like a centre circle sit down, which let's be honest, no one would follow through with. Stay on that hill, bang drums, and hold banners.

I think the best media exposure we can get from this is by playing the style of football we have, overturning a 10 point hit to get to the playoffs or higher, with a home grown talent hitting 25+.

FRY-CCFC

I couldn't have been the only one who was expecting tartan blankets and scotch eggs could I?????

That's strange a Sky reporter says different when reporting on match
"you may be able to see a lot of protestors on the hill in the background, protesting that matches are being played here in Northampton". "They have been making a RACKET throughout the game!!!".

I think what he was getting at was that people couldnt hear the crowd over the far end, I for one am in agreement. This is no way putting the protest down mearly saying that without a roof or larger number the noise doesnt carry. You are getting your point across as sky can hear you from their position in the ground and also can see you in the background shot so therefore it has a desired effect. Also may I add that if there is more making a noise sky have big mic's facing for atmosphere so would easily pick you guys up when having reports around the grounds.

Matty_CCFC

We already had national media exposure going into that game. Our situation was pretty well publicised. The Football League Show panel didn't speak highly of the idiots who ran on the pitch, nor did people I know and other fans on forums, especially Crawley's.

My point being, the situation is far from fucking ideal. But the team is doing so well right now that the last thing we need is them distracted by shit going on in the ground, like a centre circle sit down, which let's be honest, no one would follow through with. Stay on that hill, bang drums, and hold banners.

I think the best media exposure we can get from this is by playing the style of football we have, overturning a 10 point hit to get to the playoffs or higher, with a home grown talent hitting 25+.

Not been on for a few days and just reading through all the threads.
Most people give some decent comments and vast majority are positive regardles if the go in the ground, on the hill or sit at home.
However, your just a real Wanker!

Users who are viewing this thread