Pictures from the Hill today. (1 Viewer)

coventry&stuff

If Joe Murphy heard and waved, then he heard and waved. Me? I didn't hear you. I heard you guys against Bristol, but not today.

Although this is what i'm talking about. I'm not having digs, I asked what do you guys intend to achieve by standing on the hill. That was all. I get why you'll all be up there for the Sheff Utd game being on TV and all, they'll get a pretty big segment and get some exposure. Apart from the segments on SSN vs Bristol there's be no mention when our highlights get shown.

It's the same every thread. Whenever someone goes slightly against the 'NOPM' grain, it's wave and wave of shit.

I'm not a Cov local so maybe missing the same feelings as local guys and girls, but i've been a supporter all my life. Season tickets and all since 97/98 bar a few seasons. Am I Coventry's number one fan? Of course not. But I love the club and support them how I see fit. Shit is far from ideal, but I want to go a cheer on the lads regardless. That's my choice. That's what I think. Is that ok?

It's also your choice. Stay at home. Sit on that hill. Support another club. Or maybe cheer the boys on.

Yet it's comment after comment of 'people need to show their true mettle' or 'stand strong on the hill'.

Perhaps let fans be fans. Did they count all the high horses in the attendance today?

This is gold. I'm a fan. Can I also be a fan please and watch my team inside a ground and not get shit? And really... high horses?

GaryPendrysEyes

I'm fine in the ground. Better view and that.

Would it annoy the board?
We can't hear you in the ground, just kind of see you a bit.
You didn't get on Sky Sports today.

I don't give many fucks really, apart from cheering the boys wearing the colours who need support. That's my stance.

*Que theeee same boring abuse to anyone who thinks differently to the majority*

Funny that you know about Sky Sports when you were at the game.. and the fact there is a whole other thread saying it Was on Sky Sports and the reporters could loudly hear the guys on the hill.

"Sky Sports just went live to the game at Sixfields, and the reporter said "you may be able to see a lot of protestors on the hill in the background, protesting that matches are being played here in Northampton". "They have been making a RACKET throughout the game!!!".

Flying Fokker

Dude,

The easiest way of finding out is to go up there and talk to the people who are there on matchday.

Sky Blue Pete

Just don't get it! Coventry City should be playing their home games in Coventry - if there is no plan to return in a reasonable period of time - when do they cease to become Coventry City?

valiant15

If Joe Murphy heard and waved, then he heard and waved. Me? I didn't hear you. I heard you guys against Bristol, but not today.

Although this is what i'm talking about. I'm not having digs, I asked what do you guys intend to achieve by standing on the hill. That was all. I get why you'll all be up there for the Sheff Utd game being on TV and all, they'll get a pretty big segment and get some exposure. Apart from the segments on SSN vs Bristol there's be no mention when our highlights get shown.

It's the same every thread. Whenever someone goes slightly against the 'NOPM' grain, it's wave and wave of shit.

I'm not a Cov local so maybe missing the same feelings as local guys and girls, but i've been a supporter all my life. Season tickets and all since 97/98 bar a few seasons. Am I Coventry's number one fan? Of course not. But I love the club and support them how I see fit. Shit is far from ideal, but I want to go a cheer on the lads regardless. That's my choice. That's what I think. Is that ok?

It's also your choice. Stay at home. Sit on that hill. Support another club. Or maybe cheer the boys on.

Yet it's comment after comment of 'people need to show their true mettle' or 'stand strong on the hill'.

This is gold. I'm a fan. Can I also be a fan please and watch my team inside a ground and not get shit? And really... high horses?

You're not a cov local you say, but your kind are giving sisu a helping hand in taking our local club away. Well done. I hope your kind are proud.

hill83

You're not a cov local you say, but your kind are giving sisu a helping hand in taking our local club away. Well done. I hope your kind are proud.

'Your kind' have a word with yourself. I went today out of curiosity, the atmosphere was on its fucking arse and in all honesty it was shit. But 2-0, 10 pints and a day out. Not sure if I'll go again.

simple_simon

Numbers have been growing on the hill since Bristol, yet seem to be getting less vocal. Couldn't anything from you guys.

I'm fine in the ground. Better view and that.

Would it annoy the board?
We can't hear you in the ground, just kind of see you a bit.
You didn't get on Sky Sports today.

I don't give many fucks really, apart from cheering the boys wearing the colours who need support. That's my stance.

*Que theeee same boring abuse to anyone who thinks differently to the majority*

We could not hear much of the City fans in the ground, did hear some from Colchester but to be fair they were directly opposite us..
Not on sky sports, think you had better check your reports.

You say you could not hear us, that's not what we were told by the other fans that left with us towards the Sixfields pub. No abuse either way, all great humour and proud to be part of the Hill Brigade.

letsallsingtogether

None of us want to see them cease but the longer it goes on the more likely this will happen.
I think that 3-5 years is suicide we will all be long gone.
Because once the protest finish we will have given up with CCFC

Just don't get it! Coventry City should be playing their home games in Coventry - if there is no plan to return in a reasonable period of time - when do they cease to become Coventry City?

simple_simon

Numbers have been growing on the hill since Bristol, yet seem to be getting less vocal. Couldn't anything from you guys.

I am not a fan of NOPM or am I bothered about who owns the club, but I do want City back in Coventry. If standing on a hill makes me feel better and allows me to make a statement that playing outside if my home town is morally wrong then I am going to stand on that bloody hill.

With regards to to hearing us, that's bull shit and you know it, but to be honest who gives shut what you think.?

valiant15

'Your kind' have a word with yourself. I went today out of curiosity, the atmosphere was on its fucking arse and in all honesty it was shit. But 2-0, 10 pints and a day out. Not sure if I'll go again.

Have a word with myself? He even said himself that because hes not a local he hasn't got the same feelings as us locals have in having our club ripped away from us. Wouldn't it be ironic if it turned out that the 1500 who go were 'outsiders and there support kept the club there for over 5 years.
I caught a bit on the radio in a car at work and i heard this bloke trying to sing the sky blue song on his own,i felt embarrassed for the guy. Ffs, even those that go and use the old excuse of 'supporting the lads' don't even bother to make any noise. Sounds like a load of prawn sandwich munching stuffy old farts to me.

skybluetony176

liking the pics, its very persuasive in the argument to go. I've got to get the bathroom done 1st, bosses orders. timmy isn't the only one who takes his orders from a woman. :D

ecky

Have a word with myself? He even said himself that because hes not a local he hasn't got the same feelings as us locals have in having our club ripped away from us. Wouldn't it be ironic if it turned out that the 1500 who go were 'outsiders and there support kept the club there for over 5 years.
I caught a bit on the radio in a car at work and i heard this bloke trying to sing the sky blue song on his own,i felt embarrassed for the guy. Ffs, even those that go and use the old excuse of 'supporting the lads' don't even bother to make any noise. Sounds like a load of prawn sandwich munching stuffy old farts to me.

Wouldnt put it past fisher to be paying people to go to sixfields?

sweeno70

The Football league sent me this, it states if we do not agree to return to the Ricoh then the future will be in the Coventry area !!! NOT COVENTRY !!!

Ian,

Thank you for your email.

Football League regulations give the Board the discretion to consider requests to move location bearing in mind the particular circumstances of the case. In this instance, the Board sought proof of funding relating to the building of a new stadium and evidence that a process for finding an appropriate site was already under way.

The information provided by Otium satisfied the Board in this regard.

The League Board has given Coventry City permission to play its matches at Northampton Town for the next three seasons. This term can be extended for two further periods of 12 months if the club can demonstrate sufficient progress towards the building of a new stadium in the Coventry area.

Should the club not comply with this timeframe, the matter will be considered by The Football League Board at the relevant time. It is, however, reasonable to suggest that Coventry City’s ongoing participation in our competition would be at risk.

The Football League expects the long term future of Coventry City to be in the Coventry area. In an ideal world that would be through an agreement between Otium and ACL that would see the Club return to the Ricoh Arena.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Limited

dadgad

Well done to the Jimmy HILLers!!
Top effort.
It must really be a lesson to that arrogant shit Fisher to see the crowd in the ground dwindling and it going the other way on the HILL!
KCiC

Fluffsta

Good amount of pictures there!

Don't suppose you got any to prove the bus was still there until after FT for that fool on CWR did you? ;)

I can assure you the bus was there even after 10 mins after the match as I walked past it after full time.

Paxman II

My observation from those photo's show about 60 people standing around, hands in pockets all watching the game! Didn't look much like protesting to me. Still each to their own, you do what you feel is right. I think more attention would be gained if you were inside the ground shouting from the rafters and waving your protest placards and flags. That would draw far more attention to the cause. Why punish yourself if you made the effort to go over there? Go watch the game and get real protest noticed.

Spionkop

Don't always like the way Valiant expresses himself, but agree with his sentiments - 'Scabfields' is just about right.
While the club is close to going out of existence the scabs stick their heads in the sand.
Pretty selfish attitude.
As a few have said - if no fans went we'd be back at the Ricoh in a flash.
Just think about it.

bigfatronssba

My observation from those photo's show about 60 people standing around, hands in pockets all watching the game! Didn't look much like protesting to me. Still each to their own, you do what you feel is right. I think more attention would be gained if you were inside the ground shouting from the rafters and waving your protest placards and flags. That would draw far more attention to the cause. Why punish yourself if you made the effort to go over there? Go watch the game and get real protest noticed.

When that was tried at the Ricoh the likes of you were moaning that protests shouldn't be done during games as it 'upsets' the players.

J

Jack Griffin

Sixfields Morgue.

DazzleTommyDazzle

"Waving protest placards and flags"?

Do you honestly think TF would allow them in?

Do you not recall all the H&S issues over fire certificates at the Ricoh - although oddly, it didn't seem to be an issue at the charity game........

pusbccfc

We were singing for large periods of the game, drum was there too.
Next week there will be vuvuzalurs, drums, etc

hill83

Sixfields Morgue.

It was like a Sunday league game. You could hear every player and even one of their fans shouting on his own down the other end of the pitch. Couldn't hear anything from the hill. They were singing when we came out though.

skybluejelly

[video=youtube_share;qD7wQyxOq08]http://youtu.be/qD7wQyxOq08[/video]

Have to say, the support INSIDE the ground was utterly pathetic, couldn't hear a thing from Jimmy's Hill, just a bit of polite applause after the goals.

Photographs:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151828994532023.1073741832.720852022&type=1&l=60717a6ea1

i have been to the last 2 home games and can honestly say i have not heard singing from the hill during the game for both games ...it could well be the accoustics..because i definetely hear you before and after the games

RegTheDonk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't going to the hill supporting NOPM more than it is KCIC? Fans travelling to the ground but not entering, fair enough is not giving SISU money, but it's surely still costing people money to get there.

KCIC is a campaign to bring Cov back to playing in Cov, and fans making a point that they won't go to Northampton, hence not attending games / Northampton.

I'm critical of neither supporters of either campaign, but just thought the two might be mixed up

I think the battle lines have been blurred somewhat. Originally, NOPM was SISU out. Then they kind of linked up with the Trust, and it seemed to become NOPM Unless We Go Back To Cov kind of thing. The KCIC website/facebook page, whatever, seems to have sprung up and people seem to like that idea ... but is this not what NOPM (or a large proportion of them) and the Turst stand for anyway?

Too many cooks I think - all campaigns and the Trust need to come up with a united front and a single, clear message.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Too many cooks I think - all campaigns and the Trust need to come up with a united front and a single, clear message.

correct.

Need a large scale united protest for the Sheff Utd. SKY game otherwise we may as well just fuck it all off....

...most people from outside of Coventry believe we've already accepted our shitty little lot already....

andyboy81

Can I ask a couple of questions....

Can I just ask all the Jack and Jills on here that are so adamant they are never setting foot into Sixfields, how do you feel about the 2 lads that scaled the gate like something out of lord of the rings to see whats going on?? How many of you are only there because you can get a view (although a shit one) for fuck all apart from petrol money??

If you couldnt see inside the ground from the hill.... would Jack and Jill bother protesting outside each game???

RegTheDonk

Can I ask a couple of questions....

Can I just ask all the Jack and Jills on here that are so adamant they are never setting foot into Sixfields, how do you feel about the 2 lads that scaled the gate like something out of lord of the rings to see whats going on?? How many of you are only there because you can get a view (although a shit one) for fuck all apart from petrol money??

If you couldnt see inside the ground from the hill.... would Jack and Jill bother protesting outside each game???

If they can get a decent view of the game and cheer the lads, without giving Fisher any money, good luck to them.

I agree with skybluejelly I couldnt hear nothing from the Hill although I was sat towards the opposite end in the main stand, I could only read one of the banners as well about the FA and League take note.

Cobblers36

Well our chairman was right, it's boosting local economy as those on the hill are buying food and beer, thanks guys.

I was walking my dog around Sixfields Lake (behind the ground) during your game yesterday and I could hear the crowd from the ground but not the hill - plus the only way it is going to have any sort of impact is if you get thousands there. You've had no more than we do for 'big' games yet. Cardiff brough more to stand on the hill in 1997. They kicked off though, at least you're well behaved.

It's lunacy though as you tie some blue ribbons around the area that means f*ck all to anyone but Coventry fans. Mad.

Time to put up and shut up if I were you guys, nothing is going to change in the forseeable future - grin and bear it until they go back to Cov in a few years, you've got a very good team - support them not the owners.

andyboy81

If they can get a decent view of the game and cheer the lads, without giving Fisher any money, good luck to them.

Thats not really answering the question though Reg.

My main question is if they couldnt see the pitch, would they bother going at all to protest??

Users who are viewing this thread