Pics from the last game at Highfield Rd (1 Viewer)

Bluegirl

Before the gates open

P1010001.jpg

The festivities begin

P1010008.jpg

A game none of us will ever forget

P1010006.jpg

and the score!!!!!

P1010010.jpg

Lap of honour

P1010011.jpg

And the invasion

P1010013.jpg

Jimmy Hill leads the singing and no one wants to go home

P1010017.jpg

Nick

Administrator
I miss how you can hear the crowd on walking up to the ground...

Walking up to the ricoh is pretty much silent :(

Bluegirl

At Highfield Rd I worked in the Ladbrooks suite(where I took the pics from) I could go out to the fire exit and watch everyone milling around before the game - that doesnt happen so much now, coz everyone goes into the atriums. It was fun to watch them...I miss that
BG

1987ccfc

Some great pictures and too this day I still remember every kick songs and goal I will treasure this day forever

Bunnykins

Even Though The Result was 6-2 To Coventry.

That must have been a very Sad Day as well.

The last Game There :(

daveccfc

I am with you there, want to share a Kleenex?

Also a shame to see the development on there with not much reference to CCFC.

Bunnykins

Is It. But Just Imagine ''Living in a house'' That's Built on The old football Ground. I Imagine alot of Fans would love That.

Ben

Wasnt there that game, but i did hold a season ticket there for 3 years in west terrace (best part of the ground)

Miss the stadium, was much better than the Ricoh.

im-confused

So glad I went to this game! Fantastic atmosphere! The west terrace was absolutely brilliant! The atmosphere at the Ricoh isn't a touch on the west terrace. =[

simmouk

Administrator
I have to agree, the Ricoh is all very modern and lovely and that, but its no where near as special and as atmospheric as our old HR. There was a real buzz going to and in side the ground (and from, if we won!) - that last game was a very very special day - one that makes the hairs on my arms and neck stand on end even as I type this!

dilligaf

The ricoh is purpose built and will never change
but highfield road grew with you
after nearly 30 years man and boy that day was like losing a close relative
I hope my kids feel the same about the ricoh in 30 years time
hope i do

kg82

I've only recently been able to look at the pics of the ground being demolished! Just couldn't bring myself to do it before and really wish I hadn't! To me, it only seems like yesterday we were playing there, me walking up with my dad, people milling around outside and the fans noise inside steadily getting noisier the closer you got.

Ricoh's just not the same, not just because of the atmosphere but because it has nothing to do with our history. Most away fans I talk to that went to HR say that the Ricoh just isn't the same, it's like you're not playing Coventry.

daveccfc

The same as when HR had that bad fire :( That was bad too and was a bit gutting to see how people could do such a thing.

Nick

Administrator
Yes it is completely houses!

Next time I go past I will take a pic for you and post it up :)

ccfc1987

just came across this on you tube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIoChJ4FZ1A&feature=related"]YouTube - Last Day @ Highfield Road - After the Game - First Part[/ame]

Legia Sky Blue

Good old days in a stadium we owned.

It was a memorable day but by this time we didn't own HR. It was sold in 1999 from when CCFC rented the ground back, and who eventually ended up effectively repaying all the money they had made from the sale back to the new owners, who therefore got a great deal. There were rumours of connections between the company that brought HR and the Directorship of CCFC that made it questionable in whose interest the deal was made, but as far as I know nobody truly got to the bottom of it. Anyhow the ins and outs of that deal are most likely the best starting point when establishing the reasons for the groundless situation the club now finds itself in. Looking back its just a shame the club couldn't have built their new stadium on the HR site.

Users who are viewing this thread