Phoned Crewe Today and I Quote (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Me : Hi I wonder if you can help me - I would like to buy 8 tickets for the Coventry Game.
Crewe Ticket Office (CTO) : At Coventry?
Me : No the 2nd Leg at home
CTO : Where are you from?
Me : Crewe
CTO : Have you bought from us before?
Me : No Im buying them as a present
CTO : Do the people you are buying them for live in Coventry by any chance
Me : Why do you ask?
CTO : Because this is at least the 20th phone call Ive taken today for this match and I suspect all of them are from Coventry as we really havent sold any yet! Whats your Postcode?
Me : I will get back to you as my mobile is ringing with an urgent call.
CTO : BTW YOU DONT SOUND AS THOUGH YOURE FROM AROUND THESE PARTS! :pointlaugh:

Rumbled by a very tricky and cunning ticket office operative:facepalm:

WYKENSKYBLUE

Me : Hi I wonder if you can help me - I would like to buy 8 tickets for the Coventry Game.
CTO : Because this is at least the 20th phone call Ive taken today for this match and I suspect all of them are from Coventry as we really havent sold any yet! Whats your Postcode?

Nice try though mate! you need a plan B back to the drawing board!

Otis

Or be chewing cud inbetween chatting whilst getting your friends in the background making steam engine noises.

brilliant

phone um back tomorrow use the address below

Weston Road
Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 6UZ

good luck

ps tell um you will collect match day

CovMatt1987

yes try 'ay up laddie, just finished driving t'trains and wanted some tickets for that there Coventry game. just checking, what bitters do you sell in t'ground'

if it was the other way around - you KNOW our ticket office would just take the money. 'are you from crewe?' ...........'yeah i am to be honest'................................. 'how many do you want?'

yes try 'ay up laddie, just finished driving t'trains and wanted some tickets for that there Coventry game. just checking, what bitters do you sell in t'ground'

if it was the other way around - you KNOW our ticket office would just take the money. 'are you from crewe?' ...........'yeah i am to be honest'................................. 'how many do you want?'

Its not in Yorkshire.

ccfcdan

Its just dawned on me that one of our engineers lives in Crewe. Ill give him a call tomorrow and get some tickets :)

GaryJones

Im going to try again tomorrow - I will report back!

Otis

brilliant

phone um back tomorrow use the address below

Weston Road
Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 6UZ

good luck

ps tell um you will collect match day

Or even better, go for a Stoke address, just in case they have more detailed info on Crewe postcodes and names of residents.

Obviously don't think they would have, but play it safe.

Try

5, Powell Street
Stoke on Trent
ST1 5JW

It's only about 25 mins from Stoke to Crewe by bus.

Otis

'CTO : Because this is at least the 20th phone call Ive taken today for this match and I suspect all of them are from Coventry as we really havent sold any yet! Whats your Postcode?'

You should have come back with, 'I dunno, what postcodes have you got?'

skybluebolland

Or even better, go for a Stoke address, just in case they have more detailed info on Crewe postcodes and names of residents.<br />
<br />
Obviously don't think they would have, but play it safe.<br />
<br />
Try<br />
<br />
5, Powell Street<br />
Stoke on Trent<br />
ST1 5JW<br />
<br />
It's only about 25 mins from Stoke to Crewe by bus.
<br />
<br />

Ha!

They'll be 20 different people all from exact the same postcode from Crewe trying to buy tickets. :)

tippex9

It's more of a Staffordshire/Stoke accent

Otis

Just find out if they call a batch 'a cob' 'a roll' or 'a bap' and then when you ring up Crewe FC ask them at the ticket office where you can buy the best *baps, cobs, rolls.

*delete as appropriate.

GaryJones

Thy call em Balm,s on Coronation Street - perhaps I will try that!:claping hands:

CJparker

As a Cheshire boy myself (Congleton, about 10 miles from Crewe), I really am amazed by how you lot think we Cheshire types talk - as if people from Crewe talk like Yorkshiremen and are obsessed with trains and farming!!!

GaryJones

Youve given me an idea - I will give it my best Ringo Starr voiceover in the style of Thomas The Tank Engine! That might swing it!;)

kg82

As a Cheshire boy myself (Congleton, about 10 miles from Crewe), I really am amazed by how you lot think we Cheshire types talk - as if people from Crewe talk like Yorkshiremen and are obsessed with trains and farming!!!

To be honest, I thought the train references were to do with it being the epicentre of the train industry (historically)!

aviles

or just say your a crewe fan who lives in coventry. not rocket science they cant argue with that.

shropshirecov

I'm amazed why they seem so against Cov fans buying up seats that would otherwise be empty?

In the express and star Walsall fans were applauding the idea to give us nearly 5000, two whole stands and two blocks of their main stand, more money for thru the gate the better was their attitude.

hill83

It's not rocket science. Would you want half of the telegraph stand filled with Villa fans for example? No.

You'd have thought would open another stand up for us though.

Otis

Well that's it in a nutshell.

They are just looking to avoid any trouble and it there are pockets of City supporters everywhere then trouble could flare up.

As Hill says, open up a stand or section off part of another stand.

shropshirecov

It's not rocket science. Would you want half of the telegraph stand filled with Villa fans for example? No.

You'd have thought would open another stand up for us though.
Hardly the same is it villa at Coventry or away at Crewe in the JPT, they're not even bothered about the competition they had about 2000 in the last round.
I agree another section of the ground could be opened up for city fans.

Users who are viewing this thread