Phone in (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

first bloke what a twat

D

Deleted member 2477

He basically said the team were crap only getting a draw as he wants the team to climb the table. Didnt even know venus's name

wingy

Some willie waving about the profitability between us and Walsall, between Clive and a texter.
Final word from Clive, Walsall would only have lost £250K without the Bradshaw sale.
Didn't they sell someone else in January?
Venus been on, very steady.
I wonder if he'd stayed assisting Mowbray could we have held it together for the season?
Personally I reckon yes.

skybluesam66

first bloke what a twat
to be fair to the guy he is a little mentally slow - walks round in a villa shirt, and cwr know who he is -

the question is should they scan the calls, or should they let everyone have their opinion
The nationals wouldnt let him on, but he is a typical local station caller

ccfc92

And now Cricket news

giphy.gif

wingy

to be fair to the guy he is a little mentally slow - walks round in a villa shirt, and cwr know who he is -

the question is should they scan the calls, or should they let everyone have their opinion
The nationals wouldnt let him on, but he is a typical local station caller
That was what I was thinking but didnt really pay attention to the call.
There are one or two challenged lads who ring up fairly often and pretty sure Clive or Stuart recognise them and handle it naturally.

Bob Latchford

Eakin seemed to emphasise that CWR are covering the W ***s game tomorrow . guess that's something we have to put up with for many years to come .

bringbackrattles

I noticed he cut the first caller short as he came across a bit slow etc. Sky Blue Sam says he wears a Villa shirt.
Bloody hell what's all that about ?

covcity4life

He sounded like he perhaps a bit slow.

Why didn't juggy talk about how shit our team is and how we are definitely going down? you know like he was in september

Bob Latchford

Yes he works for the BBC you know who are duty bound to report all sports in the area not just football.
I demand only CCFC talk on the phone in ! hence the name The Sky Blues phone in !!

Bob Latchford

Otis

Think he had learning issues, not fair to mock as he did sound a little slow
Yes he did.

CWR should monitor the calls better though. Not saying he shouldn't be allowed on, but Clive should be able to handle it better, especially if the lad is indeed known to the station.

Swiftlyon

Some willie waving about the profitability between us and Walsall, between Clive and a texter.
Final word from Clive, Walsall would only have lost £250K without the Bradshaw sale.
I wonder if he'd stayed assisting Mowbray could we have held it together for the season?
Personally I reckon yes.

We (Walsall) made a £400k profit and didn't sell anyone. The recent financial results were up to May I.e before Bradshaw and Henry were sold. We budget to make a small profit every year and have succeeded in 11 of the last 12 years. This year's bigger than usual profit was boosted by FA Cup and League Cup runs ( we budget to go out in round 1 of every competition), larger than budgeted attendances and the two-play-off games. This was partly off-set by the rent going up from £350k to £420k.

This is why you and others in financial trouble will sometimes get a bit of stick from Walsall fans. We live well within our means and if that means letting a whole team leave as we did in the summer then that's how we roll.Massively frustrating though when clubs take huge gambles (look at Bury over the last two years) and then get the collection buckets and violins out when it goes wrong. We get miffed that we play with this very straight bat, pay our rent, the taxman and everything else but get beat by teams on the pitch who seem to be playing by different financial rules.

Not having a pop at you lot as I know it is a far more complicated scenario than just some wild transfer market speculation.

stupot07

Personally I reckon yes.
No, the only players that left in Jan were free transfers. Bradshaws fee wouldn't have even been in that set of accounts given he only left in the current financial year. The also didnt sell anyone in the previous season for cash either.

If who'd stayed assisting mowbray? Venus?

Edit: just spotted swiftlyon's post

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Does a producer not screen the calls first? They should be stopping those who aren't suitable from getting to air.

Or those like this lad who hadn't been to the game, talk about whether he is going to the next game, i.e Chesterfield, and whether he is really looking forwards to it etc.

Can focus on who their favourite player is and how long they have supported the team and stuff.

There are so many who ring up who haven't been to the game. For those kinds of people they simply can't offer any valid input into that particular game that has just been played out without them in attendance.

CWR should filter those who went and for those who didn't, and who those who didn't the ensuing chat should be much more generalised. Plenty of other stuff to talk about such as the impending return of Stokes and his best position etc.

chiefdave

Would be interesting to see the how many listeners they lose at full time. I used to listen to the Friday evening show and post match phone in every week. Rarely listen to either now, and if I do I only manage about 10 minutes.

ccfc92

We (Walsall) made a £400k profit and didn't sell anyone. The recent financial results were up to May I.e before Bradshaw and Henry were sold. We budget to make a small profit every year and have succeeded in 11 of the last 12 years. This year's bigger than usual profit was boosted by FA Cup and League Cup runs ( we budget to go out in round 1 of every competition), larger than budgeted attendances and the two-play-off games. This was partly off-set by the rent going up from £350k to £420k.

This is why you and others in financial trouble will sometimes get a bit of stick from Walsall fans. We live well within our means and if that means letting a whole team leave as we did in the summer then that's how we roll.Massively frustrating though when clubs take huge gambles (look at Bury over the last two years) and then get the collection buckets and violins out when it goes wrong. We get miffed that we play with this very straight bat, pay our rent, the taxman and everything else but get beat by teams on the pitch who seem to be playing by different financial rules.

Not having a pop at you lot as I know it is a far more complicated scenario than just some wild transfer market speculation.[/QUOTE]

Good, because we are not "gambling" at getting promotion. Our owners have the opposite idea of treading water (at a push)

ccfc92

Would be interesting to see the how many listeners they lose at full time. I used to listen to the Friday evening show and post match phone in every week. Rarely listen to either now, and if I do I only manage about 10 minutes.

I start to listen to the post match phone in, zone out, then there's 45 mins of Cricket, Rugby and anything other than CCFC to fill the "Sky Blues Hour"

ceetee

I thik if we had lost there would have been so many callers there wouldn't have been time for a cricket report.

Users who are viewing this thread