Phone In (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Someone on the phone-in says that the prices determine whether he goes to the game or not. NO it isn't; it is down to the passion of the owners. Our owners have no passion whatsoever for our club which dis-enfranchises me for one!!! Thoughts anyone?

ecky

Tony if I thought for one minute that Sisu were reinvesting gate money into getting us out of this league I would gladly hand my money over within reason.
£24 is excessive though for the rubbish that is currently on offer

Sky Blue Harry H

I think a lot of the uncertainty of how your team might do each season (clean slate and all that) allows each supporter to put aside previous seasons' disappointments (until reality bites!); however, when you know that the owners will effectively hamper the forthcoming season's prospects (through the effects of their stated self-sufficiency strategy) it leaves a lot of fans deciding to either lose interest, or have the occasional away day booze up (as the week in week out tedium likely to be on offer at The Ricoh is soul destroying). People will come back (fairly quickly imho, if we are winning games and challenging for promotion)Not rocket science, but maybe wishful thinking with these heartless clowns in charge.

Grendel

Tony if I thought for one minute that Sisu were reinvesting gate money into getting us out of this league I would gladly hand my money over within reason.
£24 is excessive though for the rubbish that is currently on offer

No you wouldn't. You'd still find an excuse not to go but still claim to be a fan so you can bitch and moan if you didn't get a ticket for a JPT semi final.

torchomatic

Nothing to do with passion from the fans for their club then?

Someone on the phone-in says that the prices determine whether he goes to the game or not. NO it isn't; it is down to the passion of the owners. Our owners have no passion whatsoever for our club which dis-enfranchises me for one!!! Thoughts anyone?

dancers lance

I think it should be on a sliding scale, for instance..... 24 teams in division 3 broken into 4 groups of 6, if you are in the top six at the time you buy a ticket, you pay, lets just say, £25.00.
If you are in the bottom 6 you pay £10.00 for a ticket and something in the middle for the other 2 groups of 6. So, if you are doing well and more people are coming, you are making more money for the club, but if you are struggling hopefully good numbers will still turn up and pay the £10.00 therefore supporting a struggling team and giving them the support to try and climb the league.

Astute

I think it should be on a sliding scale, for instance..... 24 teams in division 3 broken into 4 groups of 6, if you are in the top six at the time you buy a ticket, you pay, lets just say, £25.00.
If you are in the bottom 6 you pay £10.00 for a ticket and something in the middle for the other 2 groups of 6. So, if you are doing well and more people are coming, you are making more money for the club, but if you are struggling hopefully good numbers will still turn up and pay the £10.00 therefore supporting a struggling team and giving them the support to try and climb the league.

So the clubs near the top will always be able to afford better players than those near the bottom? Sounds like a Prem plan to keep the 'elite' up there.

Samo

Someone on the phone-in says that the prices determine whether he goes to the game or not. NO it isn't; it is down to the passion of the owners. Our owners have
no passion whatsoever for our club which dis-enfranchises me for one!!! Thoughts anyone?

That was HIS opinion Tony, that's not the same as you're opinion, no matter how hard you stamp your feet!

dancers lance

So the clubs near the top will always be able to afford better players than those near the bottom? Sounds like a Prem plan to keep the 'elite' up there.
Quite the opposite, in the league we are in many teams are doing far better than us on (what we are told) is a lesser budget, why shouldn't they get a little boost of extra revenue for the hard work they have put in (without massive cash injections)? If you can show me how this relates to the premier League I will be very surprised, because to me it couldn't be any further away.

stupot07

Quite the opposite, in the league we are in many teams are doing far better than us on (what we are told) is a lesser budget, why shouldn't they get a little boost of extra revenue for the hard work they have put in (without massive cash injections)? If you can show me how this relates to the premier League I will be very surprised, because to me it couldn't be any further away.

Your idea makes no sense at all. And surely a club already gets a little boost of extra revenue for the hard work they have put in (and achieving top 6) by the extra fans that attend matches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Never bother listening to the phone in any more, anything of interest discussed?

yes agreed that the prices were to steep for the standard of football we are watching.

Said that he also understood how people felt about the owners.

Oh and the wasps game against Leicester will be a sell out, and that next season they will take the Rugby world by storm!!!( said he knew that people din't like it being mentioned on SBPI.

Also how every other sports club in Coventry seem to have had a good season ...The Bees, Ice Hockey CRFC ,The Wasps and even the new Coventry Rugby League Club won their first game. Oh he forgot CC ladies and they have had a stonking season

But he was only replying to answers that were put to him

stupot07

yes agreed that the prices were to steep for the standard of football we are watching.

Oh and the wasps game against Leicester will be a sell out, and that next season they will take the Rugby world by storm!!!( said he knew that people din't like it being mentioned on SBPI.

Also how every other sports club in Coventry seem to have had a good season ...The Bees, Ice Hockey CRFC ,The Wasps and even the new Coventry Rugby League Club won their first game. Oh he forgot CC ladies and they have had a stonking season

Who was that Eastwood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lewys33

New Coventry Rugby League club?!?! You mean the ones that have been around for 15-odd years?

Users who are viewing this thread