phone.-in time (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Phone-in just about to start. My wife has taken my shoelaces and belt off me and has hidden all sharp objects.

torchomatic

He deserves it. Pointless just saying sack him with out saying who is going to come in.

EleanorRigby

Fair play to Ian. he was there and spoke as he saw things, those two radio hacks trying to railroad him, he stuck to his guns. It's long overdue that the likes of Eakin and friends spoke as it is, clueless rubbish

torchomatic

torchomatic

Yes she does. She always has and always will.

Coming dear...just tidying up....

Come now Torchy, are you admitting your wife wears the trousers in Torch Towers.;)

wingy

Well iknow we all see it differently but when you get two guys ,one who believes we can get Matthew Upson ,one of the biggest mercenaries in the game on loan from,WERstHAAM,when he plays for Stoke ,and blessed Ian who swears he was in line with the first goal and it went in direct ,yet the TV pundits say it took a deflection,its as accurate as an internet forum .

Otis

I thought he talked a lot of sense about the need of leadership and vision from the top, not from the manager.

Really? He talked of us going down and winning 30 games next season. Also talked of fans going up and supporting the team now. What, in ther middle of the shit we are going through at the moment, with this board in charge, after 12 years of pure depression and lack of excitement? As I say, delusional.

Good rhetoric, but fantasy land stuff. It was all "we shall fight them on the beaches stuff when a big dose of realism is needed.

stupot07

I agree that some of what he said was delusional, but the whole lack of leadership from the top has been a massive issue, especially in the last 2 years - how many different changes in the board room have we had? There is also no cohesive plan or vision or if there is one, it has been poorly communicated to the fans.

I also agree what he said about the fan base - 9th largest city in the uk, plus a potential catchment area of Warwickshire roughly 800k residents and even in the first season of the ricoh only averaged 21k. Getting more fans up there would help the boys by supporting them and bringing in funds needed for a couple more loan players.

I think we're gonna struggle next year in league one and will be lucky to achieve 12-15th finish. Scoring goals is the most important thing (and hardest) in football and we simply don't have enough of them in the side.

The Reverend Skyblue

I hate the "whos going to take the job" bunch.
Your telling me if they sack Thorn and Harrison, and give those wages which must be at least 90/100 grand a year, and advertise the post at that wage ,then there is no ex-manager sat at home who will apply for the job, come on get real.

They think ex managers would rather be sat home earning nothing than trying to manage us.There are managers in work who would jump at that wage, my favourite Robinson at MK Dons or the Cheltenham manager both earning less than this sum would'nt jump at us, of course they would, and they have managerial experience too, god we could be on to a winner.
No lets not chamge as Andy's such a nice bloke, and thats been used as a reason to keep him on here

The Rev

stupot07

It's not just about the wages Rev, people like Robinson, Lee Clarke are building good reputations which will stand them in good stead in their future. Regardless of the money, I don't believe they would be interested in joining a sinking ship, who unless are taken over will be looking to further reduce the wage bill next season against a backdrop of fans expectations of promotion.

Experienced managers, e.g. Dave Jones, Who have already earned a bit of cash will be costly and choosy about who they want to manage, and won't want to further damage their reputations in an impossible job.

If there is a takeover....well that's another story.

Tonylinc

It's not just about the wages Rev, people like Robinson, Lee Clarke are building good reputations which will stand them in good stead in their future. Regardless of the money, I don't believe they would be interested in joining a sinking ship, who unless are taken over will be looking to further reduce the wage bill next season against a backdrop of fans expectations of promotion.

Experienced managers, e.g. Dave Jones, Who have already earned a bit of cash will be costly and choosy about who they want to manage, and won't want to further damage their reputations in an impossible job.

If there is a takeover....well that's another story.
Completely agree with that. Yes, there are Managers out there that would jump at the chance BUT they would be very inexperienced and not the type that we need. The experienced Managers that are available would see us as a pioson chalice and give us a wide birth. We really need to start again with a young Manager ready to accept Div.1 and be prepared to learn as we go.

Users who are viewing this thread