phone call (1 Viewer)

covlad1986

Good evening all.

I haven't posted on here for a while but I heard some news not so long ago so you can read into this which ever way you want I just wanted to pass on the word.

My brother-in-law was a programme seller at the Ricoh and he stopped since we moved to Northampton and he had a phone call this afternoon asking if he wanted his old job back on Wednesday at the Ricoh.

I had a look at the CCFC women's because I no they got a deal at the Ricoh now but there first home game isn't until September so I don't know what to think now.

Just wanted to pass on the word it maybe something or nothing.

covlad1986

I do too. But to be honest until I see CCFC starts playing at the Ricoh I won't believe it because we have been let down so much.

Grendel

How would a return on Wednesday be logistically possible?

ccfcway

it depends how long its been planned for ?

if police etc are already in place, it wouldnt be a problem. if they started looking at it today, it would be very difficult

mark82

I was thinking this. Not fair on the Cardiff fans. They will likely have arranged transport by now and some may even have hotels. For me earliest possible will be first game that away tickets have not yet gone on sale for.

Either way, lets hope it's true.

covlad1986

That's what I'm thinking Grendel. I don't think we would do it but just passing on the message that I was told. Its just that he was told he had to be there for 6.30pm but like you said surely they would had to tell the supporters.

Otis

Could be they've told the programme sellers to go to an empty Ricoh on Wednesday because they will sell almost as many progammes there as they will at Sixifelds. :whistle:

I used to work for the in stadium betting company. I have not had a call about a return. I think this has zero reflection on whether we will be back or not.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I was thinking this. Not fair on the Cardiff fans. They will likely have arranged transport by now and some may even have hotels. For me earliest possible will be first game that away tickets have not yet gone on sale for.

Either way, lets hope it's true.

How many fans will Cardiff bring for a midweek cup game against a L1 side that is on TV?

tbh I'm not bothered if 1 or 2 Cardiff fans miss the game because of a late change of venue.

covlad1986

I used to work for the in stadium betting company. I have not had a call about a return. I think this has zero reflection on whether we will be back or not.

Its more than likely nothing then its just strange how they want him on Wednesday.

Becksy

Bullshit! like they're going to surprise everyone at the last minute. If we do return they will make a big announcement well in advance and sell as many tickets as possible to maximise profits. Come on let's stop this daily nonsense it's getting boring we all want it but we're not that dumb are we?

covlad1986

Bullshit! like they're going to surprise everyone at the last minute. If we do return they will make a big announcement well in advance and sell as many tickets as possible to maximise profits. Come on let's stop this daily nonsense it's getting boring we all want it but we're not that dumb are we?

At the end of the day mate I'm just passing on what i've heard and also I think its nothing in it

BackRoomRummermill

What will people bullshit about when all this is over !

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Thats funny I used to bet with the in stadium betting company,I haven't had a call either you think they would have ,the money I lost every game:eek:

chiefdave

How difficult it would be would depend on whats already in place. As the stadium is in use for other events I would assume all the required H&S certificates are in place. The pitch must be there if other teams are using the ground. How many tickets have been sold? You could make it general admission, there's not going to be 30K there so that's not a big issue. Sure you could drum up some staff at short notice.

Think the biggest issue would be policing. I would work on the basis of a cup replay so around 10 days notice. Anything less than that might be pushing it but not impossible.

Saying that are can't see the Cardiff match being at the Ricoh.

Sba180

At the end of the day mate I'm just passing on what i've heard and also I think its nothing in it
I heard last week that coaches to northampton contract had been cancelled. Sent bloke away with a "dont believe it until we kick off there" type of flea in his ear

Otis

Surely if we all bullshit all day every day on here, then one day something, somewhere, at some point will eventually come true. Then one of us is going to look like a genius.

Until then though we're all constantly going to look like a right bunch of twats. ;)

BackRoomRummermill

Can we have a special made up story thread on rumours and bullshit please Nick ? People are actually believing stuff and getting down hearted

pipkin73

I had a message today from family member who is part of the ground keepers team
and he said Cardiff game could well be at the Ricoh.

They have been told to check all equipment as an agreement is likely.

He said this came from within the club.

Fingers crossed lads but looks like it could be a goer.

James Smith

I'll believe it when I see it and not before.

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't be done for Wednesday as they would need to have put a big order in for the extra pies that will be required as it's all about the pies.

wingy

But pitch maintenance Is carried out by ACL these days ,so wouldn't that info need to come from them ?

BackRoomRummermill

More Bullshit

SkyBlueHomer

Not going to criticise the OP, he may be right but before anyone tomorrow posts the latest back to the Ricoh, im in the 'know' thread please read a copy of the 'boy who cried wolf'.

I would love to think that that I would be watching us on tv playing at Ricoh v Cardiff from a Greek bar with a bottle of Mythos but it aint guna happen.

Hobo

I had a call this afternoon saying I could claim compensation for an accident (that I never had). All I had to do was send my bank details to Nigeria or the Caymen Islands, I can't remember which I hung up.

Users who are viewing this thread