PH4 has bid (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I was asking why you always argue sisu's corner if you want them gone? We're not just talking being dubious of new owners I was talking about their business tactics and ethics. If you really want sisu gone you don't come across like that and seem to question everything that is detrimental to sisu and then bleet that's because you're a proper fan. No need to resort to namecalling(zombie, nobbish?) something you're quick to label others with I've noticed

Well perhaps you need to read better then.

Seriously, some of you are a joke.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

the dont.. ARVO do, or whichever company its called now. And even if it was SISU debt, they could just do the takeover via a new company they set up & say they will take on the current debt .. happens all the time in these situations

ARVO don't and never have owned anything in the group, and more to the point it is just another SISU fund. They have just got charges against the club for providing unspecified 'services'.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Another one who really is incapable of reading and leaps to all kinds of conclusions.

Perhaps I naively think some city fans would have learned not to go for the zombie pack mentality and demand new owners they know feck all about (or they know they've failed in the past and still support them for some bizarre reason!), so they can then spend however long afterwards bleating on like miserable sozzled old drug addicts about how they've been screwed over.

I could equally ask why you want to get rid of people whose views differ from yours. Pathetic that's what it is, people like you who kill the club, and then you wonder why feck all fans go when some are so nobbish towards their fellow supporters.

This is what being a City fan IS.
When Sisu took over most of us including me welcomed them with open arms,as far as we were concerned they saved us. We fell for their prom on here ises for a bright new future and look where we are now. So now Haskell looks like our saviour so most will back him including me,if he does get control of the club and is good for us grea, if he fucks up we turn on him and start all over again.
Nobody but nobody knows what any person who wants to buy a football club wants to do with that football club and if it all goes tits up again I like others will moan again and then you can come here saying I told you so.
This club has'nt got a Jack Walker or Wheelan we have to take what we can and pray it all works out ok thats who what and where we are.

Ashdown1

Well perhaps you need to read better then.

Seriously, some of you are a joke.

You spend so much time defending the undefendable, people have a genuine concern that this could be our last chance to survive and continue to play football in Coventry. You've spent hours bleating on about why won't ACL talk to SISU when they spent a year trying to get their money and then re negotiating a much improved offer for the hedge fund to inevitably see them walk away again. SISU have utterly destroyed the club, they confounded all the previous errors of past incompetent regimes and left us clutching at straws. If you can't understand why many people are emotive........................

dongonzalos

Northern
Just to clarify your original point.

The Higgs Charity have offered the same to Mr Haskell as they did with SISU.

They agreed a heads of terms to allow SISU the opportunity to buy out their Share of ACL.

SISU have never followed that up and chose a different path.

MR Haskell has now got an opportunity to agree a heads of terms with the Higgs charity.

So all he is getting the opportunity that SISU threw in the bin.

Nothing additional.

He only talks to the administrator as he believes the club are in administration and only wants to bid if it is in administration. So he can only talk to the administrator.

James Smith

the dont.. ARVO do, or whichever company its called now. And even if it was SISU debt, they could just do the takeover via a new company they set up & say they will take on the current debt .. happens all the time in these situations
What if they're out bid though, what would the Cayman Islands mob do then - bid more to buy back their own debt? (not too hot on this though)

NorthernWisdom

and pray it all works out ok thats who what and where we are.

Whoever ends up owning the club after all this has been sorted out I'll cautiously support because I have no choice, they'll be the owners after all.

Until the club's married to them it'd be best to keep the options open in case there is something better hanging around in an alleyway sniffing the club's pants just waiting to be noticed.

NorthernWisdom

Northern
Just to clarify your original point.

The Higgs Charity have offered the same to Mr Haskell as they did with SISU.

They agreed a heads of terms to allow SISU the opportunity to buy out their Share of ACL.

Isn't the Higgs share an exclusive option for the club only, though?

So how can they make an agreement with someone who is nothing to do with the club, provisional or otherwise?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Whoever ends up owning the club after all this has been sorted out I'll cautiously support because I have no choice, they'll be the owners after all.

Until the club's married to them it'd be best to keep the options open in case there is something better hanging around in an alleyway sniffing the club's pants just waiting to be noticed.

How long do we keep the options open? Or do we take the only option that is available at the time because there may be no others?

James Smith

They'll have a price where it's worth their while to leave, the same as anybody does.

The only question is whether anybody feels that price is worth paying.
If the end result is with us rid of SISU maybe we could start a collection. ;):D

dongonzalos

So how can they make an agreement with someone who is nothing to do with the club, provisional or otherwise?

If the club is in administration and he would like to buy the club.
If part of what would make his decision would be whether he could realistically buy half of ACL or not.
I don't see how they can't have provisional discussions.
They have not sold it just had positive chats.

It would worrying if he bought CCFC then discovered that he couldn't do business with the Higgs charity and then started threatening to take the club to Texas ( if you get my drift)

Last edited:

Sub

You don't automatically assume there's no other option and make it so out of desperation.

Or you end up getting shafted over and over again.

We're better than that.

but we have been told on numerous occasions there is no other option than SISU!! no white knight riding to the rescue no multi millionaires around :thinking about::thinking about:well fuck me one has just rocked up !!!:D:D

Last edited:

Noggin

Another one who really is incapable of reading and leaps to all kinds of conclusions.

Perhaps I naively think some city fans would have learned not to go for the zombie pack mentality and demand new owners they know feck all about (or they know they've failed in the past and still support them for some bizarre reason!), so they can then spend however long afterwards bleating on like miserable sozzled old drug addicts about how they've been screwed over.

I could equally ask why you want to get rid of people whose views differ from yours. Pathetic that's what it is, people like you who kill the club, and then you wonder why feck all fans go when some are so nobbish towards their fellow supporters. Seriously, some of you need to get a grip and stop thinking everyone's out to get you. This ain't your fecking board anymore than it is mine, so stop trying to shut others up and either talk to them, or shut the feck up.

There are idiots and childish behaviour on both sides of this debate that is for sure, constant insults, silly pet names it's very sad and makes for a nasty atmosphere but I can't help but think you being very hypocritical, a very significant percentage of your posts are sarcastic put downs often deliberately misrepresenting someones position.

It's rare you sensibly debate and when you do as soon as someones says something you don't have an argument against you stop responding and move onto the next place you can be sarcastic.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You don't automatically assume there's no other option and make it so out of desperation.

Or you end up getting shafted over and over again.

We're better than that.

You also dont assume that there is somebody else but you're right we will have to wait till the GS is decided. Just wanted to know how long you're prepared to wait. Also if these are not desperate times I'd like to know what you consider them to be.

luwalla

ARVO don't and never have owned anything in the group, and more to the point it is just another SISU fund. They have just got charges against the club for providing unspecified 'services'.

no, ARVO own the debt.. or the majority of it.

SISU( Coventry City Holdings ) own the club.. ARVO own the debt, thats as i understand it.. so Coventry City Holdings ( ie SISU ) could say to the administrator that they want to buy CCFC Ltd ( the company thats in admin ) & that they will take on the debt ( owned by ARVO ).. so all they would be doing is transferring that debt into the club again .

all seperate entities, but in fact, all just SISU really?. thats how they would do it i think.

NorthernWisdom

There are idiots and childish behaviour on both sides of this debate that is for sure, constant insults, silly pet names it's very sad and makes for a nasty atmosphere but I can't help but think you being very hypocritical, a very significant percentage of your posts are sarcastic put downs often deliberately misrepresenting someones position.

It's rare you sensibly debate and when you do as soon as someones says something you don't have an argument against you stop responding and move onto the next place you can be sarcastic.

When I try to sensibly debate some c unit comes along with some c unitish comment about me being a SISU plant.

Seriously, it really is moronic, childish and pathetically naff.

How can I debate when I get twattish responses like that?

Some people like Nonleagueherewecome (you too for that matter!), BrightonSkyBlue (another who disagrees with me but is polite, civil, and actually tries to talk about things on their merits) answer the words, some decide to see evil everywhere and it's pathetic, idiotic and downright immature.

Brighton Sky Blue

We're all just desperate to see a successful team at the Ricoh on a Saturday afternoon, free of non footballing concerns. Each of us has differing views on the best way to achieve that-Haskell may or may not be the answer; perhaps there's other interested parties who have kept their cards a lot closer to their chest and just gone right to the administrator?

I have faith that the administrator will act by the letter of the law, and that those at ACL will know a good deal when they see one. It might be foolish optimism but I am confident of a positive conclusion to all of this.

Nonleagueherewecome

This thread was better when it was about Going For Gold.

Noggin

When I try to sensibly debate some c unit comes along with some c unitish comment about me being a SISU plant.

Seriously, it really is moronic, childish and pathetically naff.

How can I debate when I get twattish responses like that?

Some people like Nonleagueherewecome (you too for that matter!), BrightonSkyBlue (another who disagrees with me but is polite, civil, and actually tries to talk about things on their merits) answer the words, some decide to see evil everywhere and it's pathetic, idiotic and downright immature.

True and I can certainly understand after a certain amount of accusing of being a sisu plant you'd think fuck it and sarcastic one liners become very tempting, I really cringe at some of the insults that get thrown around. I guess we all myself included need to work on the way we post, it's just a very emotive time, we all after all want the same thing really.

Colin1883

Golden share is the club... So if Haskell can get that, as owner he would be able to take up the exclusive offer on behalf of the club?

Noggin

Perhaps the forums would become a much nicer place to be if we started telling people to leave it out when they are being a dick even though they are on the same side of the arguement as ourselves. After all I'm guilty myself at chosing to respond critically to something northenwisdom said even though I'd passed by many much worse comments today from people on the same side of the argument as me, yet I didn't comment on those posts. Thats wrong and something alot of us are guilty of I think.

Users who are viewing this thread