Petition.. a way to boost number of signatures ! (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Could someone please put the petition link on the Southampton and Sheff Weds forums asking for their support ? I would put the link myself, but I don't know how to do it. Both Saints and Sheff Wed fans have considerable affinity with the Sky Blues and a friendly towards us and I'm sure loads would sign the petition.
Can someone post it and explain we need their help ?

NorthernWisdom

Why do we need other fans' help?

Isn't it more important to show that Coventry fans don't want the club moving out of Coventry? They're the ones who matter in this after all.

A bunch of signatures from other clubs can be dismissed as troublemaking and ignored. There are other battles where other club support might be useful, this is not one of them.

pusbccfc

I said the same. I don't see the problems of other fans signing it. The petition is 'KEEPING CITY IN COVENTRY', nowhere does it say about it only being Coventry fans.

What about away fans that want to go the Ricoh?! Surely they're against going bloody Walsall for a second time in a season!!

standupforcity

Why do we need other fans' help?

Isn't it more important to show that Coventry fans don't want the club moving out of Coventry? They're the ones who matter in this after all.

A bunch of signatures from other clubs can be dismissed as troublemaking and ignored. There are other battles where other club support might be useful, this is not one of them.

Explain?! A signsture is a signature surely, signed in the name of football's well-being! A signature doesn't give away team supported info....I mean I've got loads of friends who've signed who don't even support the game but understand what's happening and why support in necessary.

Therefore I also suggest Pompey might give us their support!

The more the better....

NorthernWisdom

The only fans SISU will care about are the ones that give them money or not.

Pointing to a petition of 10,000 fans from other clubs along with a few multi-signatures and comedy names allows them to say that Coventry fans don't care either way, so let's move.

Pointing to a petition of 6,000 Coventry fans doesn't allow that get-out.

standupforcity

Pointing to a petition of 10,000 fans from other clubs along with a few multi-signatures and comedy names allows them to say that Coventry fans don't care either way, so let's move.

Can't imagine anyone who takes this petition seriously, wanting to add a comedy name.

rupert_bear

Are you suggesting then only signatures from Coventry based supporters ? We have fans all over the world. if SISU dismiss as a stunt or something that's upto them but will be a big mistake IMO. This petition needs to get to over 10000 as soon as possible. Will it make a difference ? Who knows perhaps not Seppalla is some sort of rigid bitch, but it is a start and the more fans that get involved the more something may happen. As for other fan involvement, so why not ?

Last edited:

torchomatic

I dont it should be coventry 'based', but just Coventry fans. Seems pointless otherwise.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Otis

I can't see a problem with other fans signing it.

Us moving is going to affect every other team in this division.

We are quite often complaining when we only get a small allocation for away games in small grounds and if we move to a much smaller capacity stadium, this in turn is going to affect large away followings of opposition teams who would normally be accommodated at the Ricoh.

NorthernWisdom

Us moving is going to affect every other team in this division.

SISU can point to the away following we took to MK as evidence away fans don't care about other clubs, only their own.

Other fans' views aren't relevant in this particular argument as if no City fans follow the team elsewhere, other clubs will probably still go.

Otis

Can understand that argument for sure. But on the other hand, this can be the thin end of the wedge and the saying 'There but for the grace of God go I' springs to mind

This sort of thing needs to be nipped in the bud full stop and across the land and no club should be moving away from their home town really should they.

NorthernWisdom

This sort of thing needs to be nipped in the bud full stop and no club should be moving away from their home town really should they.

They shouldn't.

But as we've proved away fans will still contribute, it won't affect an investment firm that cares about money first, whatever some fans of other clubs say.

The only thing that will is losing money from home fans, as that might happen.

My plea is ready to post but I have to wait for an Owlstalk administrator to allow me to start posting and for some reason SaintsWeb doesn't accept free email accounts (googlemail, hotmail etc) ?!?

Nonleagueherewecome

Think you're overstating that...not feeling particularly cared about by SISU right now..

Voice_of_Reason

Could someone please put the petition link on the Southampton and Sheff Weds forums asking for their support ? I would put the link myself, but I don't know how to do it. Both Saints and Sheff Wed fans have considerable affinity with the Sky Blues and a friendly towards us and I'm sure loads would sign the petition.
Can someone post it and explain we need their help ?

Can somebody with more IT knowledge than me put the link on Pompey, AFC Wimbledon, Saints and Sheff Wed forums ? If any of the above had asked me to sign a similar petition for their club I would not hesitate to do so. Why ? Because football clubs should play in the city or town where they belong, not miles away and I would give them my wholehearted support.

wingy

Can somebody with more IT knowledge than me put the link on Pompey, AFC Wimbledon, Saints and Sheff Wed forums ? If any of the above had asked me to sign a similar petition for their club I would not hesitate to do so. Why ? Because football clubs should play in the city or town where they belong, not miles away and I would give them my wholehearted support.

I get your point and NW's tbh.

I find it sad that after 30k. CCFC fans managed to drag their arses up against The Railwaymen we have secured only 5k over 3 days ,what a message to the owners we're sending ...........................Carry on SISU ,find a ground that holds around 5k and will be suitable for a division lower ,these muppets will blindly go anywhere we wish to drag them. :whistle::blue::blue::blue:

rupert_bear

I get your point and NW's tbh.

I find it sad that after 30k. CCFC fans managed to drag their arses up against The Railwaymen we have secured only 5k over 3 days ,what a message to the owners we're sending ...........................Carry on SISU ,find a ground that holds around 5k and will be suitable for a division lower ,these muppets will blindly go anywhere we wish to drag them. :whistle::blue::blue::blue:
You have to remember not everyone is computer literate or even have one perhaps it needs something else aswell. I think it was Portsmouth or Swansea fans who had a ribon on their car ariels as a symbol of support for their club and many thousands had them. There's not a lot the layman can do

Delboycov

I've spoken to a few mates who've tried to sign the petition on their phones but the link just takes them to a list of a number of featured petitions, not our one though. One of them did sign the 'save the whale' petition though! With so many people just relying on their phones now to access social media I think the numbers would be greater if it wasn't for that glitch.

wingy

You have to remember not everyone is computer literate or even have one perhaps it needs something else aswell. I think it was Portsmouth or Swansea fans who had a ribon on their car ariels as a symbol of support for their club and many thousands had them. There's not a lot the layman can do

I like this !!!

Nick

Administrator
What is a ribbon on a car going to do? The only way to truly stop them is if they get no fans there at all!

It is like the protest before that game where people shouted sisu out and then paid sisu money to go into the game!

rupert_bear

What is a ribbon on a car going to do? The only way to truly stop them is if they get no fans there at all!

It is like the protest before that game where people shouted sisu out and then paid sisu money to go into the game!
You my dear are one of the most negative bods on here. Obviously a ribbon attached to your car ariel won't do a lot other than show support for not moving our football club out of the city, what else is there ? I'm not a violent type anymore but have had my days and i hope that if we are moved elsewhere the place gets wrecked

ccfc92

You my dear are one of the most negative bods on here. Obviously a ribbon attached to your car ariel won't do a lot other than show support for not moving our football club out of the city, what else is there ? I'm not a violent type anymore but have had my days and i hope that if we are moved elsewhere the place gets wrecked

that was my thought. surely being in a midland rivals ground, we will be tempted :thinking about:

rupert_bear

That side hasn't been considered i believe, lets say a couple of hundred give the old Bill problems in the town centre, local boozers or in the ground itself that gives a problem for sisu, who pays that bill ? Will the local plod allow it to continue if there are issues.

ccfc92

That side hasn't been considered i believe, lets say a couple of hundred give the old Bill problems in the town centre, local boozers or in the ground itself that gives a problem for sisu, who pays that bill ? Will the local plod allow it to continue if there are issues.

exacty, so their 3k a week income will be spent on fines :p

Grendel

Is your car so old it actually has an ariel! Really!

Nick

Administrator

So will sisu think they had better not move because there are flags on car ariels?

If their income is damaged they will take note surely?

wingy

So will sisu think they had better not move because there are flags on car ariels?

If their income is damaged they will take note surely?

Depends what the game is about surely Nick .Would 5K in a ground costing say £150K. and players on £800-£1K. a week be a problem for them ,it sounds VIABLE!!

Users who are viewing this thread