Match Thread Peterborough United vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 26th Oct (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Pick players with webbed feet given the likely conditions (do we have any who were born in Leicester?)

stevefloyd

Will Hiwula wake up from his catatonic state, will the walsall waltzer go for the runner up prize of statues before sneaking a goal in, will Mad Max get on the score sheet will Beckhmam ever get over the fact ET nicked the name posh from todays opponents and will Walsh and Kelly play together today and earn the nickname Welly in the middle follow todays thrilling encounter live at Peterboroughs home stadium ko 3pm

shepardo01

Remember Luton 0 City 4...and look what happened this morning!
Remember Luton 0-3 City.....
PBoro, since they have changed the way they play... (1st couple of games tried to play similarly to us.... then ditched for getting ball into final 3rd to maddison/eisa/toney and picking up all available pieces) have been pretty much unstoppable.
Stat on Twitter with most chances created... Maddison on something like 26, next closest player was 16 ish...
Massive massive task for us today. Even more so with our current form and misfiring front line.
Peterborough are expecting to lose Toney in Jan... he very nearly went on deadline day apparently.
Would take a draw today for certain.
Going to be difficult in the conditions, expect a few slip ups if we get silly at the back a la Rotherham...
Personally would go:
4/diamond/2
Diamond including Kelly (base) and Walsh, O'Hare at top, Shipley left for balance. Back 4 anybody's call...would honestly prefer Mason at LB but think Robins will go will McCallum to cope with ariel threat.
Up top...depends on who is fit... Godden if fit is a definite for me... and despite his horrific finishing at the moment, hiwula centrally too... as although he hasn't hit a barn door for a while...his movement is and continues to be good....
Interesting one this!!PUSB!!

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think the pitch will be very heavy rather than slick, affecting our passing game.

Expecting a defeat.

theferret

Travelling down wasn't confident, but now I'm a couple of beers in I'm feeling 3 points. Pissing down here mind, but locals don't seem worried, say the pitch holds up well and is in mint condition. Called off at 2.30 then.

clint van damme

Travelling down wasn't confident, but now I'm a couple of beers in I'm feeling 3 points. Pissing down here mind, but locals don't seem worried, say the pitch holds up well and is in mint condition. Called off at 2.30 then.

Lincoln off, that's not that far away!
I haven't seen Peterborough this season but I'm sure they're not scoring the goals they are playing hit and hope.
If the conditions are bad it will affect them just as much.

Philosorapter

Reckon it will be a cracker today. Both sides going for it.

If we don't go behind early, as what has happened recently, the pressure cooker will slowly come to boiling.

Mcbean

Nottingham game off - not that far ! hope it goes ahead - might have someone sent off in this weather - hopefully Ivan Toni

Users who are viewing this thread