Match Thread Peterborough United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Think I'd take a 1-1

As long as we follow it up with a win next week, then
1-1 today would be a good result.

scottccfc

id love to go down to Peterborough and get a nice 3-0 win show the rest of the league our intentions.

larry_david

What's he said?
Something along the lines of, I've given junior plenty of time to recover from the injury, he came back in 6 months from that.

So my take is he's come back from injury too soon and we've been managing that OR they've had a bust up, sorted it out and now we have a fresh start

larry_david

Junior’s performance the other night warranted a mention at the end of the game. He won some good headers in the box, some good clearances, good headers.”

“I signed Junior because he was the type of attacking full back I wanted at the club. I am giving him plenty of leigh way because of the injury – he has a long-term injury last season, and was back in six months of a cruciate knee injury.

“You’ve got to make sure there’s no reoccurrence, and hopefully by now he’s recovered sufficiently to kick on with his performances.

Reactions: vow

Esoterica

Robins did say in the extended interview on the offal that Willis and Hyam are not ready yet. Willis has a reoccuring injury, 3rd time this season, same thing that kept him out of the Plymouth game after he did it in the warm up. Hyam not yet back in full training after the car accident. Jordan Thompson been out for a while with a hamstring injury. MR didn't confirm but looks like Williams will play again.

Covkid1968#

Sitting outside a beach hut in India ..... the wait is killing me. It’s almost half 4 here and I’ve got another 4 hours to wait!!!!

Going for a 1-1 draw with me having drank too many Kingfishers to be able to comment post game.

Come on City..... let’s make the end of season even more interesting

Londonccfcfan

Robins did say in the extended interview on the offal that Willis and Hyam are not ready yet. Willis has a reoccuring injury, 3rd time this season, same thing that kept him out of the Plymouth game after he did it in the warm up. Hyam not yet back in full training after the car accident. Jordan Thompson been out for a while with a hamstring injury. MR didn't confirm but looks like Williams will play again.

But he also said he would give them to the last minute to prove themselves. I wouldn't think Hyam would need days of training before being matchfit as he already is. I reckon one of Willis or Hyam will definitely start. Williams on the bench.

Kelly will come back in for Meylar who drops to the bench and will come on once we go infront to see out game. Bright will come in for Shipley and will play in advanced role of midfield two.

Shows our strength in depth isn't too bad. Bright for me is the link between defence and attack, I know folks get frustrated he holds onto ball for too long at ties, but that was exactly what was needed against Fleetwood that we missed. We couldn't keep the ball for more than 10 secs.

2-2 Draw and il take that!

Win at home draw away! should get us there!

fernandopartridge

I'll be pleased if Brown is back in as I think we could do with his experience in the back 4, particularly if Willis is out.

Kelly and Meyler in midfield?

Not really sure how we'll do here, one point would be ok. Three would make my weekend.

cc84cov

I'll be pleased if Brown is back in as I think we could do with his experience in the back 4, particularly if Willis is out.

Kelly and Meyler in midfield?

Not really sure how we'll do here, one point would be ok. Three would make my weekend.
Agreed I thought brown looked good Tuesday...how mason can only last 80 min at this stage of the season is beyond me

cc84cov

I'd play Kelly and Meyler today and rough up the posh and try catch them on the break for a classic 0-1 away from home

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I feel if we play bright Kelly & Meyler would be better as their a solid 2 behind him but Bayliss won’t be dropped.

Paxman II

I do think this is tough. Peterboro' have been on a dreadful sequence and their confidence must be fragile. When that's the case teams visiting them should get on the front foot immediately, attack and find an early goal to drum home the advantage. We need to start on the front foot.
If we don't do that, Peterboro' are of course capable of goals and sooner or later their dreadful run will come to an end...I hope that is not against us!

We need to be solid at the back but unfortunately we are looking fragile there lately ourselves which is a worry.
The plus side to that is we have a confident Hiwula, the rampaging Thomas and if Bakayako can find a shift we will pose a big threat. I'm hoping Chaplin is fit becuase he will be chomping at the bit.

Can't call it, it may be anything. 0-3 win, 3-0 loss or a 3-3 draw.
On paper and current form we should nick it 0-1, 1-2.

SkyBlueSoul

On form we should have this one pretty comfortably but I see it being another 1-1. Wouldn’t be a disaster and would mean we’d still only lost 1 of the last 8

DazzleTommyDazzle

D1yQG0IX0AAiVkD.jpg

hopesprings

Strong team and hopefully enough to beat an inconsistent Peterborough. Not surprised no Meyler, think he was too slow and not match fit yet

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Out of interest do we know what has happened to Chaplin? He seems to have been out of the squad for some time now

Grendel

D

Deleted member 2477

I think we will see why Brown should be playing instead of Mason. Last few games teams have targeted our left side and the fleetwood game their winger made Mason look aweful. Beat him every time

Users who are viewing this thread