Match Thread Peterborough United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

Just got back. Didn't think we played that well this afternoon, but well enough to beat a very mediocre Peterborough side, and even then we were hanging on at the end. Peterborough did their best to help us score, and in all that added time, we somehow managed to return the favour. I've just looked through the thread, and I know you all watch these games on ifollow, but I don't understand the criticism of Bayliss. He played alright today. He wasn't great, but so what? We aren't Real Madrid and he isn't Gareth Bale - yet. I think some people forget which division we are in.

Hanging on? Hardly, for two mins the ball was back and forth then the final whistle went.

D

Deleted member 2477

Hanging on? Hardly, for two mins the ball was back and forth then the final whistle went.
Must have been watching a different game. Other than the first 10 minutes we were all over them and if it wasnt for poor officials, the thomas injury and a bit of luck we would have had 3 or 4

I dont agree that Bayliss was at fault for their goal watching the highlights he is stretching for the ball but dont think he had his best game today.

Burge may have lost us a few points this season with mistakes he definately kept us in the game this time and MOM for me

RegTheDonk

So frustrating with Burge. Outstanding today. Just need him to keep his head in check for the remaining games. Think we're showing now we can create and score goals. Just got to concentrate at the back.

oucho

Very much reminds me of the vibe when we beat Pboro away in March 2010, to go 7th in the Champ and one point off the PlayOffs..... let's hope it doesn't go south like it did then, we didn't won another game all season and the Sisu-led era began....

David O'Day

Very much reminds me of the vibe when we beat Pboro away in March 2010, to go 7th in the Champ and one point off the PlayOffs..... let's hope it doesn't go south like it did then, we didn't won another game all season and the Sisu-led era began....
that was well into the sisu era, Coleman was manager and Jon Stead scored

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Weirdly I was talking about that with my brother yesterday... the Cardiff game was heartbreaking. We were shown up badly - especially after Whittingham scored his customary dodgy pen against us

vow

Weirdly I was talking about that with my brother yesterday... the Cardiff game was heartbreaking. We were shown up badly - especially after Whittingham scored his customary dodgy pen against us
Heartbreaker is fookin right!

If only we had VAR/Goal line technology back then as it DID cross the line!!

oucho

that was well into the sisu era, Coleman was manager and Jon Stead scored
Yeah but Ranson was chairman then and SISU were very much in the back seat. It was only when RR left that Sisu all of a sudden found themselves holding the baby and no idea what to do with it.

Grendel

Yeah but Ranson was chairman then and SISU were very much in the back seat. It was only when RR left that Sisu all of a sudden found themselves holding the baby and no idea what to do with it.

We survived by another team losing that season in the last game and ranson was in charge well beyond that

oucho

We survived by another team losing that season in the last game and ranson was in charge well beyond that
Define 'in charge' Ranson claimed he left as his "hands were tied by SISU". Now I do not necessarily believe him but I do date the end of his era of influence at CCFC with the day Coleman was sacked, and it was after that day at Pboro in March 2010 that Coleman's demise began.

Grendel

Define 'in charge' Ranson claimed he left as his "hands were tied by SISU". Now I do not necessarily believe him but I do date the end of his era of influence at CCFC with the day Coleman was sacked, and it was after that day at Pboro in March 2010 that Coleman's demise began.

He left as he was under investigation by the football league due to his relationship with Risdake at Cardiff. Also his wonga rates of interest he was putting against the club was far greater than anything sisu have ever done - and it wasn’t deferred

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Heartbreaker is fookin right!

If only we had VAR/Goal line technology back then as it DID cross the line!!
If I remember rightly we drew to Plymouth, but I was convinced we’d beat Cardiff. Was so gutted when we lost... tried to keep a brave, we can still make it face. But deep down knew the Cardiff game was the acid test. That Peterborough game was a cracking atmosphere though

oucho

He left as he was under investigation by the football league due to his relationship with Risdake at Cardiff. Also his wonga rates of interest he was putting against the club was far greater than anything sisu have ever done - and it wasn’t deferred

I agree 100 percent with those facts but am making the point that when Coleman left, Ranson's credibility was shot and his influence within the club evaporated accordingly. After that, his departure was a matter of ''when" not "if". Coleman had been his big white hope and the writing was on the wall for RR once Coleman left, regardless of off field matters.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just looked at Peterborough's run in. Next 2 games are easyish but after that they have a tough run in. Think we can finish above them (provided we win one of our next two). For me, it all depends on how Doncaster perform . First time (yesterday) that I have thought we have a realistic shout. Would be incredible, and great timing with the fate of our club in the balance. It really would put extra spotlight/pressure on the 'parties' involved in the saga. As Kevin Keegan famously said......

Grendel

I agree 100 percent with those facts but am making the point that when Coleman left, Ranson's credibility was shot and his influence within the club evaporated accordingly. After that, his departure was a matter of ''when" not "if". Coleman had been his big white hope and the writing was on the wall for RR once Coleman left, regardless of off field matters.

Coleman was a disaster of an appointment and Coleman bought Keane and thorn with him. Coleman and thorn wrecked the club

CanadianCCFC

Just looked at Peterborough's run in. Next 2 games are easyish but after that they have a tough run in. Think we can finish above them (provided we win one of our next two). For me, it all depends on how Doncaster perform . First time (yesterday) that I have thought we have a realistic shout. Would be incredible, and great timing with the fate of our club in the balance. It really would put extra spotlight/pressure on the 'parties' involved in the saga. As Kevin Keegan famously said......
Been thinking that getting into the playoffs could give wasps a kick in the arse to get something going with the Ricoh. Same with their struggles and a potential relegation if their form continues.

oucho

Coleman was a disaster of an appointment and Coleman bought Keane and thorn with him. Coleman and thorn wrecked the club

So everything that went wrong was Coleman's fault, not Sisu's?

Grendel

So everything that went wrong was Coleman's fault, not Sisu's?

It was Ranson - he was clueless and appointed a pathetic show pony - who happened to be his buddy - to lead his stupid project

oucho

It was Ranson - he was clueless and appointed a pathetic show pony - who happened to be his buddy - to lead his stupid project

What "stupid project"?? Are you on the sauce???

Grendel

What "stupid project"?? Are you on the sauce???

All ranson was interested in was saving his own skin by hawking Prozone on some club at wonga rates of interest. He tried several others before ending up here.

He was never interested in the club and utterly lacking in ability to make anything a success

Brighton Sky Blue

Is he on about ‘Operation Premiership’? Remember it being announced after we beat Cardiff on the final day (wise season?) and they released Sky Blue Land....

Was always destined to fail!

That was Paul Fletcher. Ranson came in with SISU, Coleman was allowed to spend big almost immediately and pissed it up a wall twice in a row

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The 09/10 season with Coleman we were in the playoffs after winning at Peterborough (Stead) in March and we ended up 19th didn’t we!

Grendel

Oucho having a nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread