Match Thread Peterborough (H) Fri 24th Sept 7.45 ko (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

covcity4life

THIS

This is why I dragged myself up on a Tuesday night to watch us lose to FGR with 5k in there and fans arguing in the stands and on this pitch.

All of those bad times make this so much sweeter
Was that game when burge fucked up? I remember losing my voice I gave him so much abuse. A very dark time I agree

covcity4life

A game when Burge fucked up could have been over a 100 to be fair
Lol. I seem to remember him getting lobbed cos he flapped at a cross or sumthing

I remember I went with by oldest friend from nursery days and I picked FGR cos I thought at least we would see a win lol

Jamesimus

First trip down this season.

Absolutely loved it.

The thing with the atmosphere was that it was non-stop, constant singing.

Not sure if the Peterborough fans were bad or just couldn't hear them. They played quite well first half without creating much.

To a man I think the lads were all brilliant second half (and not at all bad first half).

Kane more defensive than Dabo, doesn't always cross to anyone in particular but good at deliveries into the right area. Maatsen a ball of energy. Hamer sprinting on 85 mins to close people down when we were 3-0 up. O'Hare creating so much space for others.

RegTheDonk

Couldn't make it but watched the match replay. Excellent stuff, I know we were expected to win but it was great to see we didn't just think we'd turn up and be gifted the points. Solid, hard working and entertaining performance with some lovely passing and fairly comfortable at the back.

Great effort by all the players, agree that JCS has started to show the composure we'd assume of a Prem loanee, he seems to have now settled in. I'd have Dabs back asap though, think Kane has done OK but other than one decent cross for the goal, the final product in the opposition end isn't as good. Pleased for Gus, he's worked hard and was very composed/good reactions for his goal. Think he needed that and the crowd seemed to love it.

Joint top for a while, so well done City. Next few should be tougher, but I reckon Luton and Fulham will be more worried about us lol.

ps1948

Not first half there were a few times when an easy ball inside was on and he ignored it and didn’t get anywhere.
I've not read past this comment, so I expect someone might have said it already, but did you not seen the cross in the first half that he fizzed across the six yard box, which COH waved a boot at and missed?

D

Deleted member 2477

Ive skipped between watching Bournmouth game, Fulham and the Birmingham game. None of them have played so well I would think we cant compete. The way we are playing if we can keep it up, avoid any long term injuries and keep this squad together we can definitely make the play offs

Mucca Mad Boys

I've not read past this comment, so I expect someone might have said it already, but did you not seen the cross in the first half that he fizzed across the six yard box, which COH waved a boot at and missed?

There was another 1 or 2 good crosses where he put the ball in a really good areas.

He did have a few poor crosses, as do most wide players. It looks like we’ve got very good value from this signing from what I’ve seen so far.

shmmeee

Just because one time he got a cross in doesn’t mean there weren’t times he didn’t use the ball well. This is just silly at this point.

fernandopartridge

Couldn't make it but watched the match replay. Excellent stuff, I know we were expected to win but it was great to see we didn't just think we'd turn up and be gifted the points. Solid, hard working and entertaining performance with some lovely passing and fairly comfortable at the back.

Great effort by all the players, agree that JCS has started to show the composure we'd assume of a Prem loanee, he seems to have now settled in. I'd have Dabs back asap though, think Kane has done OK but other than one decent cross for the goal, the final product in the opposition end isn't as good. Pleased for Gus, he's worked hard and was very composed/good reactions for his goal. Think he needed that and the crowd seemed to love it.

Joint top for a while, so well done City. Next few should be tougher, but I reckon Luton and Fulham will be more worried about us lol.
Not being funny but Dabo's final ball is the weakest part of his game, hard to say he's any better than Kane given the be assist to minutes played ratio

Users who are viewing this thread