Peterboro' (1 Viewer)

Astute

Has anyone noticed we are playing them next, not Bristol City ;)

Would think that the Bristol game is a big one looking on here :)

Just remember, if we win on saturday, which I think we will, and Brizzle lose away to Florest there will be hardly any pressure on us to Brizzle :laugh:

kingharvest

The mad thing is - by monday night we could be 7 points clear of the relegation zone..............or 5 points from safety (or more likely, somewhere in between)

It does seem as tho everyone's forgotten about pBoro, will be a hard game, they've had some decent results this season and apparently the new forward they've signed is decent. Would love 3 points but when was last time we won three in row?

Astute

3 points clear 4 games to go would do me.....as long as Pompey stay where they are

Astute

It does seem as tho everyone's forgotten about pBoro, will be a hard game, they've had some decent results this season and apparently the new forward they've signed is decent. Would love 3 points but when was last time we won three in row?

The question last week was when did we win 2 games on the bounce and when did we last win away :)

skybluesam66

the last time we went 6 games unbeaten, we were all focussed on an FA cup match v chelsea, instead of a crucial match v sheffield United . As a result, we lost the sheffield match, and hardly picked up another point for the rest of the season . Always focus on the next game

1nilandwe...

Agree with all this. I (and many others) have been getting carried away. We're one point off the relegation zone. One single, lonely point. Every match is massive from here.

kingharvest

Agreed - we've done this too many times to know a few things about it. Focus on the next game, and forget what everyone else is doing. Teams will pick up points against teams you don't expect them too, including ourselves. So no point thinking about who everyone else is playing.

On our minds should be Peterboro. We can start thinking about Brizzle on saturday night.

Otis

the last time we went 6 games unbeaten, we were all focussed on an FA cup match v chelsea, instead of a crucial match v sheffield United . As a result, we lost the sheffield match, and hardly picked up another point for the rest of the season . Always focus on the next game

Which is Bristol isn't it! Only game before that is that little old friendly with Peterborough.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thorn's quotes in the CET give some reassurance that there's no complacency in the camp. We can be as complacent as we like ;)

covcity4life

pretty sure sheff utd was after the chelsea match

Nah it was a tuesday leading up to it, I'm sure we rested players aswell...was well pissed off at the time of course Sheff Utd an so did Chelsea

Paxman II

Very astute Astute.
I think this week end and Monday will determine our fate just about.
We may only draw on Saturday and be 2 points ahead of Bristol going into a packed Ashton gate.
A win for them would put them one point ahead of us with just 4 to play assuming they lost at Forest.

Winning Saturday for us would be a massive blow to them if they lose at Forest because they can't catch us by beating us regardless.

I think psychology plays a massive role at this stage. We can take pressure off ourselves by winning Saturday and even a draw then at Bristol I believe will almost ensure we are staying up. We might even catch Millwall.

Hell I hope we can do it now because even needing something at Southampton would not be good. They are not Norwich. Think Reading may push them all the way so we will get nailed there. Hope we have put it to bed by then! The next two games we could make a massive stride in doing that....

Brighton Sky Blue

We're just 3 points behind Millwall, so catching them is far from out of the question-especially with us still to play them at home. I agree that Easter weekend is going to be pretty pivotal in determining where we finish up-best case scenario is to be 7 points clear of Brizzle, worst is 5 behind-the actual figure will likely be somewhere in between.

wingy

Do believe you mean Tyrone Bennett ,and he's going to be missing if memory serves me correct,injury or suspension ,one or tother ,watch out for Paul Taylor though.

stnomskyblue

Nah it was a tuesday leading up to it, I'm sure we rested players aswell...was well pissed off at the time of course Sheff Utd an so did Chelsea

Wasn't that the game where the linesman standing up near the halfway line decided the ball crossed the line off the bar? Never a goal:slap:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wasn't that the game where the linesman standing up near the halfway line decided the ball crossed the line off the bar? Never a goal:slap:
Yea they hit the post and then they had a shot from point blank range and Westwood saved it but the goal was given as over the line.

georgehudson

to all CCFC players, if you read this,

do it for yourself, your future, the club, the clubs future,

& THE FANS, of which there are multitudes,

GOD be with you guys,

PUSB

Can't be that many, the club would be going on about it if were getting anywhere near 20k. Can't see there being many Peterboro fans there so 15-16 tops I'd say

JHarding1987

Cheers Castle Vale Sky Blue. I hope our fans turn out. I was sure there was more than 15k against Pompey. More like 20k.

Macca

Have to admit to being sidetracked by the Bristol game. Blimey saturday could be massive. Going to Bristol 4 points to the good would put pressure on them to throw caution to the wind and allow us to take advantage of that

ccfc_Tom

Have to admit to being sidetracked by the Bristol game. Blimey saturday could be massive. Going to Bristol 4 points to the good would put pressure on them to throw caution to the wind and allow us to take advantage of that

Agreed, huge game and for once i fully expect a Cov win and with a few goals, 4-2 Cov win prediction. Defeat will put us right back under pressure especially if we lose and bristol beat forest.

CCFC123

Has anyone noticed we are playing them next, not Bristol City ;)

Would think that the Bristol game is a big one looking on here :)

Just remember, if we win on saturday, which I think we will, and Brizzle lose away to Florest there will be hardly any pressure on us to Brizzle :laugh:

Since last Saturday there has been an air cockyness around regarding CCFC stsying up. Next Monday night we could be right in the shit with two defeats.

May be a bit dramatic but i wouldn't be shocked if we get a thumping Saturday. I dont think we will win.... this side doesn't turn into world beaters over night- I expect two draws this weekend and I have a feeling Bristol will get something at Forest.

Rjc2807

Yea I do, they are unbeaten in 10 games, have three injured players returning and are playing a poor team made even poorer by selling their only goal scorer
The game against Coventry woke forest up

CCFC123

Yea I do, they are unbeaten in 10 games, have three injured players returning and are playing a poor team made even poorer by selling their only goal scorer
The game against Coventry woke forest up

Not sure Forest are that good a team either? We'll see Saturday evening. As I say, I expect Bristol to get a result.

AFCCOVENTRY

David Bell could be back on the bench tomorrow.

Hope we get a decent gate tomorrow.

Tomorrow is more important than Bristol in my eyes. 4 point cushion before Monday would be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread