Match Thread Peterboro. v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 31st Dec (7 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Peterboro. v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Peterborough always seem to be a free scoring team. We always seem to concede a she'd load (this season more so than others). To say I'm not positive over this fixture is an understatement!

Won't see any change, if any until we get to bring players in.

I'd be dropping Turnball and bringing Harries back. Yes that would mean him playing alongside Willis but they can't do any worse together can they?

I'd bring Vlad or Stevenson in for Tudgay and go 442. Rose on the right, Reid left, Bigi and Vlad in the midddle.

If Haynes is fit (is he? Is he even injured? Or just no longer liked at the club?) I'd play him in place of Page who must be going back in January, surely? We aren't going to keep him longer, are we?

chiefdave

Given how well they're doing and how badly we are doing wonder if Slade will be tempted to try and set the team up for a 0-0. Not a fan of not going for the win but the way things stand at the moment teams look like scoring every time they get in our half.

no_loyalty

Loss number 8, Peterborough 3 City 0

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

1-1

We need to stop the defeats

I'd be half tempted to play same back 4 (no other options) DKE & Haynes left and right mid purely for a bit more defensive edge and see how long we can hang on to 0-0 for!

no_loyalty

1-1

We need to stop the defeats

I'd be half tempted to play same back 4 (no other options) DKE & Haynes left and right mid purely for a bit more defensive edge and see how long we can hang on to 0-0 for!

If Turnbull plays we might make it to 10 mins without conceding, I wonder if Harries might come in?

stevefloyd

Could I be optimistic and go for a lesser defeat? Slade should get Merlin in as his assistant because we need some feckin magic of some sort...there are some bargains out there look at Josh Morris played 17 times and scored 14 goals...seek and ye shall find

ccfchoi87

I think slade will want to set up negatively but our team isn't good enough defensively to soak up pressure for 90 minutes. Even if we defend to our best we are still likely to concede from a set peice. We aren't good enough to out score the opposition either so I really struggle to see a game plan that will work for us away from home especially

Otis

We've done well to find to someone so quickly that makes you say "I preferred it when we had Peter Ramage at centre back!"
We have gone from 'Peter Ramage has to be one of the worst signings Coventry City have ever made and must be one of the worst centre backs ever' to 'I preferred it when we had Peter Ramage at centre back.'

bringbackrattles

We have gone from 'Peter Ramage has to be one of the worst signings Coventry City have ever made and must be one of the worst centre backs ever' to 'I preferred it when we had Peter Ramage at centre back.'
Remember when we bought Gary Collier from Bristol City for a record fee,and if I recall he hardly played and he was a centre half ? They were raving about him and it turned out to be a disaster.

skybluepm2

Wasting my time off on NYE by attending a second inevitable, painful defeat. Plus I'm sitting in the home end with a Posh fan, an experience I am already dreading. Yesterday was another low point in a long list of seemingly never ending debacles.

One thing is for sure, with the squad containing its current personnel we are doomed. We need a new goalkeeper, 2 new full backs, a commanding centre half, an all round midfielder and at least one striker. Of the eleven that started yesterday, only Burge and Reid were half decent but the latter's final ball was often woeful. Bigi right mid was never going to work, the middle of the park were carved open time and time again with Page, Turnbull and Sterry guilty of some quite shocking defending. As the 3rd and 4th goals went in, my anger appeared to disappear. I'm just feeling numb about everything associated with the club right now, something I never thought I would hear myself saying.

Posh should have no problem in picking us off and claiming an easy 3 points. I'm going for a 3-0 victory and another wasted trip for the die hards.

Gint11

Called the defeat to Bristol. Another heavy defeat here. 5-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

We seem to struggle as to where to play Andy Rose. He is very energetic and wins most things in the air. Would it be worth trying him up top with Sordell to play off him Defend from the front, and he will get on the end of crosses.

runner

Sadly got to be another ... thus 8th loss in a row ... January window can't come fast enough ... not that I'm overly optimistic with Sisu holding the purse strings ?

Terry Gibson's perm

Sadly got to be another ... thus 8th loss in a row ... January window can't come fast enough ... not that I'm overly optimistic with Sisu holding the purse strings ?

We can't even afford a purse.

Generally Midfield

I was hoping for some sign of a new manager bounce yesterday but we've got a side that's got relegation written all over it. Unless sisu enable Slade to strengthen or he turns out to be a miracle worker can't see Posh being anything other than one of many more defeats this season.

Users who are viewing this thread