Peter Ramage (1 Viewer)

PVA

Don't rate Ramage at all, I trust TM though so I'm sure he'll make the right call.

mechaishida

was CB for newcastle i think

in mowbray we trust(or at least we should!)

Exactly. I mean he's only on trial and some have written him off already...if he fits the bill, TM will snap him up and he'll have a solid, experienced, versatile defender for the squad.

If he's gash, he'll be sent packing. Simple. Personally, I think Ramage is just the type of defender we're after. Certainly not up to Reda or Turner standards, but he's reliable and experienced.

Samo

I think in a thread the other day he was crying because somebody said something to him. Ignore him!

Yeah it was me... he's dishing it a bit today but the boy can't take it!

Samo

There you go again with your threats!!! Shame on you.

Nick, sort it out!!

Well... if he's not a prick he's doing a fine impression of one! (as evidenced on this very thread)

Warwickhunt

Kerala Blasters finished as runners-up in last year's Indian Super League. This season, having signed Ramage, they finished last and conceded the most goals. I'm not sure his confidence is going to be great at the moment but hope he does well on trial.
probably had the screaming shits for the whole season

shmmeee

To be fair to the guy, season before last he was part of a team that got promoted from the Championship, and options are thin on the ground. The question is, would he improve the defence that played last game because that's what we're down to.

Well... if he's not a prick he's doing a fine impression of one! (as evidenced on this very thread)

The trick is to say "you're acting like a prick", then they can't accuse you of calling them a prick.

Samo

The trick is to say "you're acting like a prick", then they can't accuse you of calling them a prick.

This was my original post:

''You must be a vastly experienced coach or manager right? Someone superior to the likes of TM right? Otherwise you'd have to be an arrogant prick to make a statement like that.''

As you can see, I didn't actually call him a prick at all, I called him a ''vastly experienced coach or manager''. :D

Last edited:

Otis

This was my original post:

''You must be a vastly experienced coach or manager right? Someone superior to the likes of TM right? Otherwise you'd have to be an arrogant prick to make a statement like that.''

As you can see, I didn't actually call him a prick at all, I called him a ''vastly experienced manager''. :D
Going to try that on my wife next time she irks me.

'You can be a vastly experienced manager sometimes do you know that!'

Samo

Going to try that on my wife next time she irks me.

'You can be a vastly experienced manager sometimes do you know that!'

That'll teach her!

Hang on, give the bloke a chance! Nearly everyone was saying McGoldrick was dross when we were first linked with him.

Let's not go dismissing players before they have even kicked a ball in anger for us.

I am always of the opinion that certain players suit certain clubs and systems and struggle elsewhere. Sometimes a player can just be a perfect fit.

Let's give the bloke a chance, eh!

I remember that....then he was the Messiah.....then he was a wanker!

He looks ok to me, has experience and has played at a high level....surely good enough even at 32.

mrtrench

:D

It's a good job you didn't write "If you don't calm down I'll call you an arrogant prick"... because that would have been a threat.

Otis

Sausage fights are the wurst m8...

No one likes battered sausage.
I think girls are also put off by crispy sausages too.

I'm quite happy with my cocktail sausages to be honest. My mum can get 4 of them in her mouth at once.

Otis

Reading the Barnsley forum, as what they have said about him...Nice bloke, but some wouldn't have him back.

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?237414-Ramage-training-with-Coventry-City
But Forest didn't want McGoldrick back. Bottom line is what he can do for Coventry and how he fits in in our set up.

I'm sure TM will make the right decision on this one. And anyway, if he is as slow as the Barnsley fans say he is, I would think it will be a no go straight away.

Specs WT-R75

Maybe TM just looking for a 6m contract so that we have cover until the end of the year. Doesn't jump out at me as someone who is going to cut it for us in the Championship based on the comments from Barnsley

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
i cant see the harm in it and does anyone else here see cbs in abundance to choose from, least let TM put him on trial and see its better then not news of a signing at all.

Otis

i cant see the harm in it and does anyone else here see cbs in abundance to choose from, least let TM put him on trial and see its better then not news of a signing at all.
Could well be he's plotting to bring a CB in, but meanwhile has brought Ramage in on trial as a last resort contingency, in case he is unable to do so.

Gazolba

Don't know anything about the guy but I can imagine some headlines in the newspaper "Ramage does the damage!".

ccfclinney

ive never heard of him to be honest but im sure mowbray will do what he thinks best so il leave him to pass judgement !! after all not served us bad so far.

vow

But Forest didn't want McGoldrick back. Bottom line is what he can do for Coventry and how he fits in in our set up.

I'm sure TM will make the right decision on this one. And anyway, if he is as slow as the Barnsley fans say he is, I would think it will be a no go straight away.

All very true, indeed.

I trust TM's judgement.

higgs

Mogga was a centre back himself if he thinks ramage could do a job for us after a trial then that's good enough for me. It's nice to see common sense being used in the past we would have just signed the player give them a contract without knowing anything about them and eventually have to cancel their contract by mutual consent

Users who are viewing this thread