Peter Ndlovu, what value today ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

I am reading that Razeem Sterling is stalling on a £100000 a week contract offer and usual moneybag suspects Chelsea and Manchester City are circling with something like a £50 million offer for his transfer. I got to thinking what at current day values would Peter Ndlovu be worth. In my opinion he is was more tricky than Sterling and scored more goals, with the ball at his feet and running free at defenders he could be unstoppable, admittedly inconsistent at times, felt there was more in Ndlovu locker than we got out of him and perhaps should have moved to a club with better players, but wow what a discovery he was.

mrtrench

Whilst Ndlovu was once courted by some big clubs he never really played at the top level - so not as much as Sterling. I do find it funny that someone with his name is saying "It's not about the money".

hill83

Whilst Ndlovu was once courted by some big clubs he never really played at the top level - so not as much as Sterling. I do find it funny that someone with his name is saying "It's not about the money".

Nice

Sbarcher

I think when you the the money is coming your way, it's easy to say that.

CCFC PimpRail

I doubt he would understand the irony.

Ndlovu would have had to move to a team in a bigger city once he would have exhausted the near endless supply of Slags, such as Manchester, or Nuneaton.

hill83

I doubt he would understand the irony.

Ndlovu would have had to move to a team in a bigger city once he would have exhausted the near endless supply of Slags, such as Manchester, or Nuneaton.

I'm pretty sure he would understand the irony. It's not a tricky one.

Terry Gibson's perm

He would have been a £30 million plus player, but Pressley would have had him in the bomb squad or the owners would have sold him after the first offer of £1 million.

tisza

There's a ridiculous premium on Sterling because he's English (home-grown players etc.). Nowhere near the finished article - a poor finisher for starters.
I don't get how he thinks he's worth 5 or 6 times more than Kane (a 20 goal striker) who is only supposedly worth only worth 30k a week.

Philosorapter

I use to partner Ndlovu up with Asprilla in Sensible World of Soccer 96/97. Unstoppable strike force.

Paul Ince and Mark Draper (Villa Scum) in midfield if I can remember correctly.

M&B Stand

There's a ridiculous premium on Sterling because he's English (home-grown players etc.). Nowhere near the finished article - a poor finisher for starters.
I don't get how he thinks he's worth 5 or 6 times more than Kane (a 20 goal striker) who is only supposedly worth only worth 30k a week.

Kane's attitude towards the game is a million times better than mercenary sterling

Macca

Kane "only" 30k a week. I'm sure one day we will look back at this era of football and think wtf

percy

sterlings got some great attributes but as a top level footballer you need the football brain to go with it, this is his biggest downfall

Moff

I use to partner Ndlovu up with Asprilla in Sensible World of Soccer 96/97. Unstoppable strike force.

Paul Ince and Mark Draper (Villa Scum) in midfield if I can remember correctly.

Good old Mark Draper the thick twat who once said, 'I would love to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona'

Philosorapter

Good old Mark Draper the thick twat who once said, 'I would love to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona'

Funnily enough, I use to keep Draper for the league games because it didn't really matter if he got injured or not, and saved Juninho for the important European/must win ties.

Philosorapter

Let the arguments start here of how credible SWOS was to real life.

attachment.php

PA= Passing
VE= Kicking Power
HE= Heading
TA= Tackling
CO= Control
SP= Speed
FI= Finishing

That's the old database http://database.swoes.info/index.php?section=swos&catItem=2&teamid=1710

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Covstu

One of the most frustrating players to grace the sky blue colours, the amount of times he would do the hard work of beating players but not look up when crossing.

Sterling has the makings of a great player, not sure his football brain has matured yet but clearly early days. If your manager states you are the best young winger in the world, of course your agent is going to hold out for more money.

skybluelee

Nuddy was blisteringly good in his first proper full season (92/93) but got worse year on year after that until he ended up in Div 2.

Grendel

Nuddy was blisteringly good in his first proper full season (92/93) but got worse year on year after that until he ended up in Div 2.

Yes he was great at times and not others. Like Misfud his purple patch faded quickly.

Actually for trickery and pace I always thought Gynn was far better over a longer period.

Grendel

loved Gynny. always worked his socks off and gave a 100%.

Scored and created goals as well. Very underrated and as you say always worked tirelessly for the team.

Users who are viewing this thread