Peter Beagrie (1 Viewer)

SIR ERNIE

when he's wrong?

nope. Goes in one ear and out the other. Prefer to ignore him, he's bound to be biased, and enjoy what my own eyes are telling me about our great young side.

ccfc92

nope. Goes in one ear and out the other. Prefer to ignore him, he's bound to be biased, and enjoy what my own eyes are telling me about our great young side.

agreed. but why not have 2 co presenters? one from each club. the presenter was telling Beagrie he was wrong, and he still went on

ajsccfc

Pundits aren't chosen for impartiality, it tends to be the opposite and they'll favour someone with a connection to one of the sides playing. It's not like he's the referee and his bias has any bearing outside of the sheer SEETHE going on here.

georgehudson

imho, beagrie is a myopic, biased, self centred, person, who has 1 view only of the game,
he will never be a manager, merely a 2nd rate pundit,
doubtless CCFC will get a poor review from him,
bradford, on the other hand, were / are, a 'hoofball' outfit,
strange really because as a footballer beagrie was a creative & inventive player,
then again he wouldn't want to offend the bratfoot faithfull,
PUSB

Grendel

Biased ref?

He should of sent two of our players off.

I cant be done with sour grapes.

You are right. The referee was a disaster. Webster had to go for a deliberate handball and Adams was studs high and also had to go.

Beagrie I assume as he was the pundit who claimed Clarke was offside (he was) was the same guy who said the Bradford guy was offside for the second goal. He was also the pundit who said Callum Wilson received the most ridiculous yellow card ever.

He also said fleck should have had a penalty (correct) but so should have they had at least one other and the Clarke decision was about the only big decision the ref got right all game.

georgehudson

k.friend is, supposedly, one of this country's top officials, according to the FL / FA,
if a more objective & reasoned official had been in charge,
there would have been a different outcome,
i remain, biased, & Sky Blue,
should have been 4 -1 to the city,
? who does the stats, i'm sure we had more shots than they ?

988YSR

He's a City legend, in fact he and Goodman, so may well have been bis but was fair on his penalty assessments.

Sutty

Was 'biased' Beagrie the same one that said our penalty shout was the best of the first half?

It does seem to be a Cov fan thing that we make out that everyone hates us. Sky, the Football League show, the FA, the football league...

Grendel

k.friend is, supposedly, one of this country's top officials, according to the FL / FA,
if a more objective & reasoned official had been in charge,
there would have been a different outcome,
i remain, biased, & Sky Blue,
should have been 4 -1 to the city,
? who does the stats, i'm sure we had more shots than they ?

The referee should have red carded two of our players

ollyservetta

when he said leon was interfering I couldn't belive wat he was saying as leon was was a good 5/6 yards behind the keeper and defender,.turning point was to me not getting our penalty shout ,.both hand balls were ball to hand ,no hand/ arm movement towards the ball .the penalty was just a case of a smaller player trying to get up to challenge ,with the speed of the ball ,anywerelse on the pitch I dout wether a freekick would not be given,.don't know if its me ,but we seem to be suffering with refs and commentators ,again yesterday a lot of pushing and shoving of the ball ,no one picking up on it but we suffer with cards like wilsons ,.I saw like many others ,3 wolves players kicking out and deffo on two occaisons connecting ,not a sniff of a yellow ,.think we are suffering because we can play footie and we are in a league a lot cant .

Jackoskyblue

I don't get a few comments slating Don Goodman whenever we've been on sky he gives us lots of praise has a very good knowledge about us and I always feel he is one sided towards us actually. But beagrie .. Beagrie can **** off I hate the bloke no Idea who he is no idea about his career but if he was a similar standard to his punditry then he was shite! And the decisions it was a pen on fleck 100% the offsides I couldn't make a call on them if I was a Lino too tight for me. And I don't think the last pen was justified imo I think he's up against a big lad of course he will use his arms to propel himself they are slightly higher than should be but it's not intentional at all it's a natural jump from the lad

wal3590

What really peed me off was when Beagrie stated after Pressleys interview that Pressley had called the penalty "harsh" he did not say this at all. He said he hadn't seen it again so could not comment. Hate that smug prick!

ollyservetta

on another point I thought the ref on a few occaisions could have and should hav played the advantage in favour of both teams but pulled play up .nothing again said by the commentators ,and on occaisions was the refs whistle not working right as he seem to half heartedly blow up and seemed to be dithering wether to give or not to .someone did comment on the ref bout cards and becoming a prem ref or being a prem ref but I could not catch what was being said.

RoboCCFC90

Can someone explain to me why McArdle booted Conor Thomas in the face, play wasn't stopped at all to deal with a head injury and McArdle wasn't booked at all?? It's not like it didn't happen Conor Thomas had to go off the pitch to get a new shirt because it was covered in blood and seeing a picture of his nose this morning it's four times the size it used to be!!

Kevin Friend = Blind, Bias, Inbred, Six finger C***

To the topic of the commentators though I would suggest Don Goodman take up English lessons part time, what/where the hell is Cov'untry? The only thing Don Goodman said of any consequence during the game was "Some of the officials decisions today have left me baffled."

I think that's pretty much everything off my chest.

Monners

Having read various posts, I am now quite glad that I was at my mother in laws 70th birthday party (no alcohol - so the glass wasn't even half empty) and didn't see the game. Quite pleased with the point although obviously a bit frustrated to concede so late in the game. I know its Monday, but can we all not try and cheer each other up. By the way, Beagrie was light weight as a player, likewise as a pundit :D

CovFan

The ref was one of the worst refs I've seen for a very very long time, every single big decision was wrong and the booking of Wilson was one of the worst bookings I've seen since Steve Staunton was booked for timewasting when we were 6-3 up in the 94th minute at the last match at Highfield Road.

Unfortunately I thought Wilson new exactly what he was doing standing in the obvious line of the ball and walking slowly away from it. I know his back was turned but he knew he was delaying the kick ( in my opinion )

Warwickhunt

I don't get a few comments slating Don Goodman whenever we've been on sky he gives us lots of praise has a very good knowledge about us and I always feel he is one sided towards us actually. But beagrie .. Beagrie can **** off I hate the bloke no Idea who he is no idea about his career but if he was a similar standard to his punditry then he was shite! And the decisions it was a pen on fleck 100% the offsides I couldn't make a call on them if I was a Lino too tight for me. And I don't think the last pen was justified imo I think he's up against a big lad of course he will use his arms to propel himself they are slightly higher than should be but it's not intentional at all it's a natural jump from the lad

JC went up with his arm leading but could not get it down because Henson was late jumping and come up under his arm which the baal then hit he could not do a thing about it. Kevin Friend the referee in my opinion was very poor and should stick to the premiership where the prima maddona's make his life easier.

Warwickhunt

Unfortunately I thought Wilson new exactly what he was doing standing in the obvious line of the ball and walking slowly away from it. I know his back was turned but he knew he was delaying the kick ( in my opinion )
Quite and the ref should have booked the Bradford Player for bad sportsmanship as he deliberately kicked it into his back to get that decision

Yes he did, but this is the chance you take when you try to delay a kick. You see it happen loads of times and it's never the kicker that gets penalised

Kingokings204

Beagrie is a prick. I personally thought he was biased and is a second rate pundit at best. No personality and mostly wrong anyway not just on covs game. Man is a cretin.

turlykerd

lol more silly moaning about pundits from cov fans

whats with this victims mentality?

I remember watching us beat Liverpool in there prime at highfeild rd and the next day reading a 2 page feature in the news of the world with about 2 lines dedicated to city and the rest was all about them.

that really pissed me off .

Not a victims mentality but I'm protective of my club and don't like clear bias rubbed in my face

also ... Why is there always an Irishman commentating on England matches ??

rant over :(

covmark

I remember watching us beat Liverpool in there prime at highfeild rd and the next day reading a 2 page feature in the news of the world with about 2 lines dedicated to city and the rest was all about them.

that really pissed me off .

Not a victims mentality but I'm protective of my club and don't like clear bias rubbed in my face

also ... Why is there always an Irishman commentating on England matches ??

rant over :(
totally agree about Townsend commentating on England games. Bring back David Pleat! (or maybe not)

Hobo

Who cares about Peter Beagrie?

Midfield General

Aaaah...it's refreshing to read a thread that discusses football, and doesn't have either excessive gum bumping about who called who a prick, or SISU vs ACL vs CCC...

By the way the referee was a prick. And don't argue about that.

Users who are viewing this thread