PES 2017 Coventry City Retro Kits (1 Viewer)

gruffskyblue

Hi all,

Being a father of two I don't really get to go out anymore so every now and then I have a few cheeky games of PES to relive the good old days!

For anyone who plays Pro Evolution Soccer (PES 2017) on the PS4 I have created some of my favourite kits City were wearing when I grew up watching them. I clearly like to live in the past!! See the attached files. If you would like the kits for playing let me know and i'll send people the files.

The kits bring back great memories for me. It's such a shame that the children of today are not getting the same buzz as I used to have.

Sad times.

Attachments

• Coventry City Kits for PES 2017.jpg
    Coventry City Kits for PES 2017.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 666

ajsccfc

That yellow asics shirt was the first cov one I ever had. I'm not sure if I'd hate it were it not for nostalgia.

Rodders1

I have no idea how you did this - but so many happy memories from those kits!

The Granada bingo kit was my first

Covfather

Just purchased PES 2017 for the PS4 this evening, would love to have them kits..could you send me the file/link please gruffskyblue?

Liquid Gold

Ha! what a fucking loser spending your time designing kits on a video game

-or-

Yeah, good on you, proper football game, none of that chav stuff

cunningstunt

created an account to post this. please please please can i have too those look great. also if you have a team could you export that too. i know the kid pain i am typing this while watching bing and being deafed by a recorder.

Sterling Archer

I think I might have to get PES instead of FIFA this year based purely on those kits. Superb stuff!

Just needs the mid 90's Purple Peter Ndlovu shirt.

Hobo

They look great. Although I hated that red swirly one. I always loved the early 70's kit. Blue shirt black collar, black shorts and blue socks. Also the Jimmy Hill 60's kit. The black and green away kit was classic as was the Brazill copy Clarke/Wilson period.

trevelfarandwide

Hi all,

Being a father of two I don't really get to go out anymore so every now and then I have a few cheeky games of PES to relive the good old days!

For anyone who plays Pro Evolution Soccer (PES 2017) on the PS4 I have created some of my favourite kits City were wearing when I grew up watching them. I clearly like to live in the past!! See the attached files. If you would like the kits for playing let me know and i'll send people the files.

The kits bring back great memories for me. It's such a shame that the children of today are not getting the same buzz as I used to have.

Sad times.

Ooh, ooh, can I have those pleeeeeease?!?!

Try as I might, via Photoshop and paint.net, I can never get retro kits to look right and I end up flouncing like a teenager.

Really top-notch work on those kits, mate.

gruffskyblue

Thanks for the comments guys. And Liquid Gold... I agree with your first statement. As does my Wife!

Here are the files. I've put the FA Cup final kit in as well. Apparently I can't put a folder onto here so I'm having to put the PNG's separately.

All you need to do is save the pictures as PNG's to a folder titled: 'WEPES'. This means the PS4 can read it. Save them onto your memory stick and put it into your PS4.

Then go to Data Management - Import - and import the six images in import images.

Finally, go to 'Teams' in Data management and paste the images as new kits to the team of your choice.

If you are having problems please say. There are plenty of Youtube videos to show how it's done.

I create the kits on Photoshop. I have a template I found on tinterweb!

Attachments

• City Home 92 New.png
    City Home 92 New.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 95
  • CCFC 1989 New Home.png
    CCFC 1989 New Home.png
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • Cov 1996 Home New.png
    Cov 1996 Home New.png
    3 MB · Views: 93
  • Cov Away 89 New.png
    Cov Away 89 New.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • Cov Away Red 1992.png
    Cov Away Red 1992.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 84
  • Cov Home 1993 Light.png
    Cov Home 1993 Light.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 89
  • City 87.png
    City 87.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 95

trevelfarandwide

Thanks for the comments guys. And Liquid Gold... I agree with your first statement. As does my Wife!

Here are the files. I've put the FA Cup final kit in as well. Apparently I can't put a folder onto here so I'm having to put the PNG's separately.

All you need to do is save the pictures as PNG's to a folder titled: 'WEPES'. This means the PS4 can read it. Save them onto your memory stick and put it into your PS4.

Then go to Data Management - Import - and import the six images in import images.

Finally, go to 'Teams' in Data management and paste the images as new kits to the team of your choice.

If you are having problems please say. There are plenty of Youtube videos to show how it's done.

I create the kits on Photoshop. I have a template I found on tinterweb!

Wow, thanks mate. :)

To be honest, it's laziness on my part more than anything, I know Photoshop pretty well but I don't have a pen pad or Illustrator to get the kit details right. Being a single dad, I don't have the time or energy to get much done for my leisure pursuits.

Still, thanks again, I'll be using these post haste. :)

torchomatic

That's bloody brilliant. Will have to wait until Xmas though until my lad gets it. Any chance of the old "tramline" beauties?

trevelfarandwide

Quick question, gruffskyblue, I assume these kits can be used on the PC version - but how do you actually insert the full kits into the option file, please?

Do I need PES Editor or something?

ajsccfc

I tried creating one or two using a template too but didn't have the patience for getting the ratio and sizing right, these are great work. On PESworld one of the guys making kits must be a Cov fan too because they've had the newest kits ready for each of the last few games really early on.

covcity4life

here is a subaru kit i made if any1 needs it. the template not very refined but it looks good in game if i do say so myself!

Attachments

• ccfcretro97.png
    ccfcretro97.png
    769.8 KB · Views: 104

gruffskyblue

Love it covcity4life. The Premier League badges finish it off nicely. We'll have the entire catalogue of Kits to choose from soon!! None of us will ever get time to play PES but still...!

covcity4life

Love it covcity4life. The Premier League badges finish it off nicely. We'll have the entire catalogue of Kits to choose from soon!! None of us will ever get time to play PES but still...!

lol. i do enjoy it,but of fun. i use basic paint. dont have any fancy tools lol

there are some kit makers who are professionals! they make the prem ones that everybody uses

Skyblueweeman

I'm at the Soccerex Convention in Manchester at the moment and one of the stands there is Retro Kits. On one of their pop up stands amongst other famous kits, is our Granada Bingo Sky Blue kit. Got a nice pic of it today.

Skyblueweeman

Sorry Nick, might has mislead you there...they didn't actually have the top (that I could see). It was on a pop up stand picture board if you like with a number of other kits. Will try and upload it in a mo and ask them tomorrow if they have one and if so, what price.

Users who are viewing this thread