Pep explains why we are missing Hamer (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

How thr fuck have we gone from the best midfield pairing in the league to the worse. We sold 35 million quids worth of players, but have Kelly and Ayari running the show. It's bullshit
Because Hamer and his agent fucked City about up to nearly the close of the window! If he had been like Victor then we would have had plenty of time to source a decent replacement, i can imagine what clubs were quoting city for their players we were after bearing in mind the contraint of the window looming.

SkyblueTexan

This is why we need an extra man in the middle to shore things up. This will help us stop leaking goals and also connect our midfield to the attack to the striker who supposedly lacks service according to many. We cannot play 2 strikers up front just because we wasted money on 2 new strikers and have them wait for the ball. But the problem is we’ve lost Sheaf and now possibly Palmer.

pusbccfc

Luckily, Ayari may possibly fill the void.

Hobo

Looking back at the Wembley play off and reading this board, I am surprised we were so over ran in midfield by Luton in the first half, because Hamer was playing.

He was a great player and talent. I was singing his praises when people were saying he was a liability.

But let's get real, he was a talent and not a god.

Greggs

Looking back at the Wembley play off and reading this board, I am surprised we were so over ran in midfield by Luton in the first half, because Hamer was playing.

He was a great player and talent. I was singing his praises when people were saying he was a liability.

But let's get real, he was a talent and not a god.
Well done

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Because Hamer and his agent fucked City about up to nearly the close of the window! If he had been like Victor then we would have had plenty of time to source a decent replacement, i can imagine what clubs were quoting city for their players we were after bearing in mind the contraint of the window looming.
Yeah, but Gyok left us time to bring in a replacement and we signed Wright and Simms, so I wouldn't take it as read.

shmmeee

We had loads of time to sign a midfielder. The fact Robins thought Eccles and Kelly were good enough backup is on him.

CovLad94

We had loads of time to sign a midfielder. The fact Robins thought Eccles and Kelly were good enough backup is on him.
I'm sure they had a couple in mind and probably tried to sign them, for whatever reason they didn't come off.( Leighton Clarkson, John Swift and whoever the European target was) . They'll add in January, they have to, would rather wait and get the right ones than end up with another Sean Maguire situation

shmmeee

I'm sure they had a couple in mind and probably tried to sign them, for whatever reason they didn't come off.( Leighton Clarkson, John Swift and whoever the European target was) . They'll add in January, they have to, would rather wait and get the right ones than end up with another Sean Maguire situation

Don’t know who Clarkson is but the others were only after Hamer left afaik. Even if he hadn’t gone he could have got injured day one and we’d be in the same place. We saw all last season the impact not having a replacement has on our play.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Because Hamer and his agent fucked City about up to nearly the close of the window!
I've seen a few people say this, it's a bit of a myth. He left on the 11th August. The club would have been aware for a good few days before this that he was going. Even if we say the 11th, we had three weeks to sort it out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Don’t know who Clarkson is but the others were only after Hamer left afaik. Even if he hadn’t gone he could have got injured day one and we’d be in the same place. We saw all last season the impact not having a replacement has on our play.
Some say he's the best midfielder...............in the world!

Users who are viewing this thread