Pennington (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He played quite well today, always looking for the ball and to get forward I thought. A couple of dodgy touches but wanted to get down the line and whip a cross in when he could.

Think Everton would be looking to get rid just yet?

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

He played quite well today, always looking for the ball and to get forward I thought. A couple of dodgy touches but wanted to get down the line and whip a cross in when he could.

simular to the blair adams situation i hope.

was annoying just how often he had half the field to himself but they wouldnt give it to him

Evo1883

Thought he was the best player in the team today , always wantedthe ball , distribution decent and looks to get forward well , think hes a better player than haynes in all honesty

stupot07

I like the look of him....and he was my MOTM today but we already have phillips, willis and potential clarke that play rightback. Even if clarke goes will pressley want 3 19-20 year old rightbacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes, he was one of our better players. He made a couple of mistakes, but in general looked a level above most of our players.

dongonzalos

I had a problem getting there today.

So its good to hear that.
Against Walsall I thought he was average and I was annoyed that Jordan had gone and we signed someone else's player who is no better

Nonleagueherewecome

I like the look of him....and he was my MOTM today but we already have phillips, willis and potential clarke that play rightback. Even if clarke goes will pressley want 3 19-20 year old rightbacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I think he said in an interview that he's more comfortable at CB? Would be a VERY nice option to have alongside Phillips-and I really don't like Willis at RB. But I think he's out of our reach, if he leaves Everton I can see him going to The Championship.

stupot07

I think he said in an interview that he's more comfortable at CB? Would be a VERY nice option to have alongside Phillips-and I really don't like Willis at RB. But I think he's out of our reach, if he leaves Everton I can see him going to The Championship.

He doesn't look the right build for a centre back. I'd sign him but I think you'd have to sacrifice either phillips or willis and let them go. I'm not sure you have 2 young players trying to develop in the same role as one will struggle to get game time, a bit like clarke and christie.

Sky

honestly...? people thought Pennington had a good game today? Defensively, we had very little to deal with and as far as i could see, he looked slow and gave us extremely little going forward. couldnt put in a cross to save his life either.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He doesn't look the right build for a centre back. I'd sign him but I think you'd have to sacrifice either phillips or willis and let them go. I'm not sure you have 2 young players trying to develop in the same role as one will struggle to get game time, a bit like clarke and christie.

Develop Willis as a CB

stupot07

Develop Willis as a CB

Still leaves you with developing two 19/20 year old rightbacks, which basically means phillips isn't going to get much game time or develop.

superskyblue

Can't believe people thought he played well. Stood off their left winger and allowed him to cross unopposed for the own goal. Lost every 50:50 (was outmuscled every time). And as has been said earlier, he offered little going forward.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Got to agree with a few of the latter comments. Positionally he looked good and got in some great areas and found space (id say more due to poor marking from Fleetwood) but his distribution was terrible. Either hit the first man or a feeble trickle. Can't think of a decent ball he put in. Wasn't terrible all round but wasn't great

RFC

Nick Everton keeping tabs on him every game, today and last Saturday Joe Royle.

Users who are viewing this thread