Penalties (1 Viewer)

JohnWH

Seems months since being awarded a penalty.
Some are of the opinion that COH was clever, others decry the cheekiness.
Many thought Simms should have been the taker.
Thought we'd move the conversation into its own thread.

Nick

Administrator
Seems months since being awarded a penalty.
Some are of the opinion that COH was clever, others decry the cheekiness.
Many thought Simms should have been the taker.
Thought we'd move the conversation into its own thread.
I don't care as long as it's scored. If he has done that and the keeper saves it easily then it's a different story.

JulianDarbyFTW

Prefer the Stuart Pearce style penalties, tbh. Blast the net apart, or knock the keeper's head off. But regardless of style, if it goes in, it goes in, and that's all that really counts.

Briles

Godden is number 1 and when he’s off the pitch I think it’s whoever feels confident, which cal defo was, although I’m sure I saw him say sorry towards the bench after

Johnnythespider

No one would be moaning about it if it was the 6th penalty at Wembley, cool as a cucumber

steve101

Why would you prefer someone else to take a penalty that we scored?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because Simms is a player who needs to get some goals and no easier chance than from the penalty spot. At that time we were comfortable so the pressure would have been less.
I agree the key thing is that it was put away. Just thought it was an opportunity for a goal- needing striker to step up.

SBbucks

Because Simms is a player who needs to get some goals and no easier chance than from the penalty spot. At that time we were comfortable so the pressure would have been less.
I agree the key thing is that it was put away. Just thought it was an opportunity for a goal- needing striker to step up.

Perhaps Simms isn’t comfortable with taking penalties, he certainly didn’t seem to be putting himself forward. If COH is confident, let him take it. so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stevefloyd

Simms had opportunities in open play, I thought Cal was very calm and assured

Reactions: KAB

higgs

Hadji when on the pitch would be my choice to take one

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

He would get more goals by striking the ball better and in-between the posts!!!

MalcSB

Looked like he was never going to miss. He has a great record at penalties missed 1 in 12. Sends the keeper the wrong way.
If t(e keeper had gone the right way, it would have been saved. Not particularly hard or in the corner, his previous one wasn’t all that either.

MalcSB

You’re nearly getting it, he sends the keeper the wrong way thats his style. He only needs to pass it in the net.
Not convinced he is sending them the wrong way, but I will bow to your superior knowledge and powers of observation. One day some goalkeeper isn’t going to be fooled by his mastery of disguise, let’s hope it isn’t in a Wembley penalty shootout.

steve cooper

He will miss sooner or later, most penalty takers do. But it works for him at the moment. Hopefully he can modify his style when he needs to.

Warwickhunt

I think someone description of Wright's demeanour when taking a penalty "looks like a Lizard eating a worm" made me laugh out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread